• Calendar event trigger

40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 100 of 167 FirstFirst ... 50909596979899100101102103104105110150 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 3326
  1.    #1981  
    Quote Originally Posted by everette13 View Post
    9.28, deleted all modes and replaced them. restarted phone. (put logs from earlier on previous post below; not for this retest)
    made one mode for 'work' with wifi trigger.
    -as you said, wifi trigger not working.
    -can change modes w menu, but name does not change to reflect it, and still says 'off' in menu list (banner did come up saying switched successfully)
    when tap 'switch to this mode' in menu again, "reloading..." comes up, so does seem to be in that mode; also the radio changes did occur for the work mode*)
    -the voice roam does not work for me either (sprint, USA, CDMA phone also w menu megamix patch that has option to change voice roam which DOES work.)
    -added 'test' mode and changed to it; first time it worked, but can't close mode w menu.
    -when try to change back to work mode, settings change but again name does not- stays 'test'- and menu still shows test as active. 'close test' does nothing, 'switch to work' makes banner with "reloading work.." appear.

would removing and reinstalling MS also 'reset' what you mention below?
    No removing MS wont reset the configuration. You will have to wait until I get 0.9.29 out. It seems that the mode change just does not complete fully and therefore the mode name does not change in the menu. This is mot likely due to the configuration since the code of MS has not changed at all regarding the core functionality.
  2.    #1982  
    Quote Originally Posted by traviscurren View Post
    Same for me. Installed .28 and now the icon highlights but doesn't open program.
    I removed the 0.9.28 for now since it seems that it only would work perfectly for new users. Will have the 0.9.29 out tomorrow most likely that will reset the configuration and hopefuly work for all. Will fix the wifi trigger as well.
    Last edited by sconix; 06/14/2010 at 03:28 PM.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    What would have caused my launcher to delete all but 3 pages and move all of the icons around? -- it happened twice the second time just from installing 9.28
    Were you able to get them back? I had the same issue after .98 and am trying to get all my apps/data back without doctoring if possible
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    No removing MS wont reset the configuration. You will have to wait until I get 0.9.29 out. It seems that the mode change just does not complete fully and therefore the mode name does not change in the menu. This is mot likely due to the configuration since the code of MS has not changed at all regarding the core functionality.
    no problem. never rushing, just trying to give you the info.
    i'll also volunteer to test any voice roam issues since mine doesn't change either (someone else below also apparently). if there's any specific info you need from me or have something to test, just let me know.
    does always sending a log help, or only if you ask for it?
  5.    #1985  
    What would have caused my launcher to delete all but 3 pages and move all of the icons around? -- it happened twice the second time just from installing 9.28
    I cannot see any connection between MS and launcher page configuration. The only reason I can think of is the luna stalling (wasn't it you that had this happen) managed to reset your app launcher configuration. Or one possible thing could be that MS erroring out on luna start would somehow interrupt luna loading. It has not done it for me though never even I have managed to get into this situation many times while developing MS.
  6.    #1986  
    Quote Originally Posted by everette13 View Post
    no problem. never rushing, just trying to give you the info.
    i'll also volunteer to test any voice roam issues since mine doesn't change either (someone else below also apparently). if there's any specific info you need from me or have something to test, just let me know.
    does always sending a log help, or only if you ask for it?
    Regarding the voice roaming I will change something for 0.9.29 and lets see if it works then. It sucks for me not to be able to test this.
  7.    #1987  
    Quote Originally Posted by lswartz33 View Post
    Were you able to get them back? I had the same issue after .98 and am trying to get all my apps/data back without doctoring if possible
    Even if the launcher pages disappear you should not loose your apps. They should have moved to some other page in situation where launcher pages are removed. If no then luna restart should bring them back. It is quite odd that installation of app will cause some configuration to get lost, but I have had mine configuration reset though once by just installing app through Preware and by doing a luna restart, but don't know what caused it. I would guess there might be some rare bug in luna.
    Is there any harm (risk of messing up our launcher pages like a few have noted) in leaving 0.9.28 in place pending the 0.9.29 fix tomorrow?

MS doesn't seem to be working now (not fully completing mode switches -- even when manually initiated from menu bar), so maybe I'll just turn it off for now and wait until tomorrow. If you suggest a full removal of MS and reinstall clean with 0.9.29 tomorrow, I can deal with that as well.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Even if the launcher pages disappear you should not loose your apps. They should have moved to some other page in situation where launcher pages are removed. If no then luna restart should bring them back. It is quite odd that installation of app will cause some configuration to get lost, but I have had mine configuration reset though once by just installing app through Preware and by doing a luna restart, but don't know what caused it. I would guess there might be some rare bug in luna.
    I still had 5 pages, but 2 of them were empty and my apps weren't on any of the pages. I ran the webos repair utility just to clean up whatever happened, rebooted and all my apps showed up on page 1 so it's just a matter of moving them back.

Thanks for your help sconix, and I look forwarded to the next release!
    Regarding the voice roaming I will change something for 0.9.29 and lets see if it works then. It sucks for me not to be able to test this.
    let me know if there are any settings/config files, etc i can send you. since the menu megamix patch toggle works it seems it can be done.
    I removed the 0.9.28 for now since it seems that it only would work perfectly for new users. Will have the 0.9.29 out tomorrow most likely that will reset the configuration and hopefuly work for all. Will fix the wifi trigger as well.
    Knock on wood or something, but after upgrading today, I've got none of the issues mentioned regarding the launcher pages, apps missing, etc... nor some of the MS issues.

I had 0.9.26 installed. I upgraded to 0.9.27 and now 0.9.28.

I left all of my modes as they were except I removed all triggers and apps from each mode. Then I recreated them (triggers/apps). Seems to be working. (can't comment on roaming settings yet, have not tested.)

Not sure if the versions of Sconix's patches or what feed they are from matter, but here is what I have...

*Add Support for System Menus, 1.4.1-2, Sconix's Test/Beta Feed
    *Advanced Configuration for App Launcher, 1.4.1-20, Webos-Internal's Patch Feed
    *Mode Menu for Top Bar, 1.4.1-2, Sconix's Test/Beta Feed
    *Today Menu for Top Bar, 1.4.1-4, Sconix's Test/Beta Feed

Thought I'd post this info in case it helps at all. Guess I am lucky today. Things are working ok.
  12.    #1992  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Is there any harm (risk of messing up our launcher pages like a few have noted) in leaving 0.9.28 in place pending the 0.9.29 fix tomorrow?

MS doesn't seem to be working now (not fully completing mode switches -- even when manually initiated from menu bar), so maybe I'll just turn it off for now and wait until tomorrow. If you suggest a full removal of MS and reinstall clean with 0.9.29 tomorrow, I can deal with that as well.
    No there is no harm done leaving it installed the launcher thing could have only happened due to installation failure etc. of the package not the app itself.

So the solution to disable MS for day or two until I get the refined 0.9.29 version out is just fine.
  13.    #1993  
    Quote Originally Posted by orsapps View Post
    Knock on wood or something, but after upgrading today, I've got none of the issues mentioned regarding the launcher pages, apps missing, etc... nor some of the MS issues.

I had 0.9.26 installed. I upgraded to 0.9.27 and now 0.9.28.

I left all of my modes as they were except I removed all triggers and apps from each mode. Then I recreated them (triggers/apps). Seems to be working. (can't comment on roaming settings yet, have not tested.)

Not sure if the versions of Sconix's patches or what feed they are from matter, but here is what I have...

*Add Support for System Menus, 1.4.1-2, Sconix's Test/Beta Feed
    *Advanced Configuration for App Launcher, 1.4.1-20, Webos-Internal's Patch Feed
    *Mode Menu for Top Bar, 1.4.1-2, Sconix's Test/Beta Feed
    *Today Menu for Top Bar, 1.4.1-4, Sconix's Test/Beta Feed

Thought I'd post this info in case it helps at all. Guess I am lucky today. Things are working ok.
    It is just that if you happen to have certain things in your mode and happen to do certain things before MS has fully upgraded the configuration when you will run into problems. Thats why I did not noticed those potential problems. So if you are fine it is completely possible so was I I have been putting of the implementation of configuration enhancement that will allow introducing new configuration options easily for way too long. So will finally add it for tomorrow release just to avoid these situation in the future And anyway it was on the todo list for 1.0.0 so one step closer to that after 0.9.29
    Small issue with reading Govnah profiles in 0.9.28.
    It is showing the list twice. It was looking/working correctly under 0.9.27.

Attached Images Attached Images
  15.    #1995  
    The next release will also include configuration for MS itself. As one user has already used MS for just starting certain apps without actually starting the mode. So the MS configuration lets you give mode for starting or option for closing current mode (i.e. the mode that was just started). How is this useful you may ask.

When the new mode type is in you could add MS to the applications and request starting of other mode in addition to the mode you are configuring. Or if you want to create a mode that just starts applications for example and then start another mode or closes itself it is now possible by just adding MS to the list of applications to be launched, soon there is no limit what MS can do

EDIT: Actually with this yuo can even set different mode to be started when the mode is closed.
    Last edited by sconix; 06/14/2010 at 05:00 PM.
  16.    #1996  
    Quote Originally Posted by orsapps View Post
    Small issue with reading Govnah profiles in 0.9.28.
    It is showing the list twice. It was looking/working correctly under 0.9.27.

Good catch. Actually it will show it as many times as you start MS configuration Will add clearing of the list for next release....
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Came here to report the issues with 0.9.27, but it seems they have already been discussed.

Will wait for 0.9.29 to see if it fixes the issues.
    3 times i have added the extra pages and moved all of my stupid aps around only to have them reset to 3 this happened after MS 9.27 was downloaded i am to say the least very frustrated -- i ran EPR and reinstalled my patches then it frickin happened again -- any help would be appreciated

thanks
    Rob

i am using your launcher edit patch

still love your ap and patches -- tomorrow is a new day

thanks
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  19.    #1999  
    3 times i have added the extra pages and moved all of my stupid aps around only to have them reset to 3 this happened after MS 9.27 was downloaded i am to say the least very frustrated -- i ran EPR and reinstalled my patches then it frickin happened again -- any help would be appreciated

thanks
    Rob

i am using your launcher edit patch

still love your ap and patches -- tomorrow is a new day

thanks
    Thats odd, at least about my patch I can say that it does not touch the page code. I.e. the page controlling is not touched and therefore I don't have even idea where the number of pages is stored. My patch only calls those ready made functions for adding / removing pages. And what comes to installing MS when this started it makes it even more weird. Since can not think anything related to MS. Maybe the installation could have corrupted some config somehow or the luna stall. So only thing that comes to my mind is to try resetting phone configuration which of course is not nice thing to do if you have lots of configuration. Maybe someone else have a better idea.

If I would have even the faintest idea how it is possible I could try to figure out the reason. Since I don't even know what configuration and where controls the amount of pages in launcher it is hard to say anything. It would help to know where the Palm app launcher configuration is stored. I guess you have disabled MS or even uninstalled, if it is still enabled then one thing could be that the bugs thats in 27/28 will interrupt the luna start somehow so that it does not load its config etc. But if MS is uninstalled/disabled I am out of ideas.
    This is happening repeatedly for some people, no matter what they are installing - it is not MS specific.

Note that it's only happening to a very very small minority, so it's not a systematic bug but some subtle interaction that is specific to your device unfortunately. Which makes it almost impossible to diagnose unless you can capture the /var/log/messages and dbus-capture output around the time that it happens (the time that it happens, not the time when you notice it, which could be much later when you restart luna next).

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals