40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 10 of 167 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152060110 ... LastLast
    I went back into Work Mode this morning to add a Wallpaper change. I noticed that the Sound settings had disappeared. I went into my other modes to check them and the Sound settings weren't there either. I know I added them when I set up the modes (they are one of the main reasons I use this program.) Any idea why 0.7.1 isn't holding the sound settings? I did WebDR my phone yesterday due to some other issues (and to prepare for the 1.4 upgrade.)
  2.    #182  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    I went back into Work Mode this morning to add a Wallpaper change. I noticed that the Sound settings had disappeared. I went into my other modes to check them and the Sound settings weren't there either. I know I added them when I set up the modes (they are one of the main reasons I use this program.) Any idea why 0.7.1 isn't holding the sound settings? I did WebDR my phone yesterday due to some other issues (and to prepare for the 1.4 upgrade.)
    You mean that even if you re-add the sound settings they are gone when you edit the mode next time? Anyway the reason for this is that when I renewed the configuration interface I left the configuration format to the way it was so when ever you edit mode it converted the settings in to the new format and when saved the the configuration it converted it back to the old format. And for this to work it checked that if all the setting in the settings are left default it removed the setting from mode (so maybe there's bug in this). If I would have to guess it's once again those stupid if comparisons that miss detects this. All this is gone anyway in the 0.8.0 version so it should just work. I still have work to do with the 0.8.0 release so no release at least today, maybe tomorrow.

I took this big task of adding / reworking lots of stuff for 0.8.0 so that I don't need to brake the app anymore So only bug fixes until 1.0.0.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    You mean that even if you re-add the sound settings they are gone when you edit the mode next time? Anyway the reason for this is that when I renewed the configuration interface I left the configuration format to the way it was so when ever you edit mode it converted the settings in to the new format and when saved the the configuration it converted it back to the old format. And for this to work it checked that if all the setting in the settings are left default it removed the setting from mode (so maybe there's bug in this). If I would have to guess it's once again those stupid if comparisons that miss detects this. All this is gone anyway in the 0.8.0 version so it should just work. I still have work to do with the 0.8.0 release so no release at least today, maybe tomorrow.

I took this big task of adding / reworking lots of stuff for 0.8.0 so that I don't need to brake the app anymore So only bug fixes until 1.0.0.
    Everything else is switching fine (wallpaper, Data, Wifi) so I can manually adjust the volume for a few days until the next version comes out.
  4.    #184  
    Everything else is switching fine (wallpaper, Data, Wifi) so I can manually adjust the volume for a few days until the next version comes out.
    That's good. It'll be worth it There's plenty of cleanups/optimizations/features coming in next release. It is progressing quite nicely and it'll be ready tomorrow. If I have time to test it I'll release it tomorrow if not then on Friday or Saturday depending if my plans are canceled for the Friday or not. Only bad news is that it'll reset your mode configurations, but I think it is not that bad after all.
    I came to WebOS after years on WinMo so the absence of a profile scheduler was a big loss. So many thanks sconix for sorting that little problem out!

I've tried 0.7.2 and 0.7.1 both with a time triggered night-time mode. It's set to disable wifi, bluetooth, gps and data which MS does very well . That still leaves the cellular radio on - as in, I can see the reception strength bars and the phone still rings. Apologies if this has been covered already elsewhere but is there a way to enable / disable the phone radio? Ideally I'm after a means to switch flight mode on and off. The Pre's an O2 UK GSM one if that makes any difference.
  6.    #186  
    Quote Originally Posted by Norf View Post
    I came to WebOS after years on WinMo so the absence of a profile scheduler was a big loss. So many thanks sconix for sorting that little problem out!

I've tried 0.7.2 and 0.7.1 both with a time triggered night-time mode. It's set to disable wifi, bluetooth, gps and data which MS does very well . That still leaves the cellular radio on - as in, I can see the reception strength bars and the phone still rings. Apologies if this has been covered already elsewhere but is there a way to enable / disable the phone radio? Ideally I'm after a means to switch flight mode on and off. The Pre's an O2 UK GSM one if that makes any difference.
    There is no way to turn of phone radio currently, but 0.8.0 might have that feature amongst others Those 0.7.x version are known to have some problems which the 0.8.0 version aims to fix.
    how do I delete a created mode? Swiping it desapers, but when closing the application and reopening it, the mode is there again...
  8.    #188  
    Quote Originally Posted by Walhalla2k View Post
    how do I delete a created mode? Swiping it desapers, but when closing the application and reopening it, the mode is there again...
    The swiping is the way. At least some versions had a bug that deleting mode which was active failed. So you could check that it is not active or even deactivating MS and closing/starting the config and try to delete then. If still no luck then no worries the 0.8.0 version will anyway reset your configuration.
    There is no way to turn of phone radio currently, but 0.8.0 might have that feature amongst others Those 0.7.x version are known to have some problems which the 0.8.0 version aims to fix.
    Great. Ta for the heads-up. I'll keep my eyes peeled for 0.8 then
    I'm excited for 0.8, hope it's today!
    0.8 landing today might be the best birthday present I get. I'm pulling for you Sconix!
    Well, lets hope for the weekend!
  13.    #193  
    0.8 landing today might be the best birthday present I get. I'm pulling for you Sconix!
    Sorry, but the present will be little late I'll release the 0.8 tonight which means within next 12 hours. I'll just have to test it that there is no big bugs lurking anywhere and do small update to the patches.
    Yayyyy
    Sorry, but the present will be little late I'll release the 0.8 tonight which means within next 12 hours. I'll just have to test it that there is no big bugs lurking anywhere and do small update to the patches.
    WOOHOO!!!!! This is quickly becoming one of my favorite (and most important) apps.

Thanks for all the hard work Sconix!!
    "Music is well said to be the speech of angels." - Thomas Carlyle
  16.    #196  
    Quote Originally Posted by emeraldayotte View Post
    WOOHOO!!!!! This is quickly becoming one of my favorite (and most important) apps.

Thanks for all the hard work Sconix!!
    Thanks, I have had fun while making the MS and it's always nice if others see my app useful and not just me New release should be out in hour or two, just fixing last set of small bugs that I found while testing.
    Is it done yet..Is it done yet..... Is it done yet! (Are we there yet?) haha. Okay for real just take your time we can wait!!
    --Marvin
  18.    #198  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Is it done yet..Is it done yet..... Is it done yet! (Are we there yet?) haha. Okay for real just take your time we can wait!!
    OK if you guys can wait then I postpone the release to tomorrow....just kidding Zipping packages right now...
  19.    #199  
    New beta release! The long waited 0.8.0 release is here Lot's of new stuff specially code vice so I may have introduced few old/new bugs so please report any problems you find.

Sorry, I had to comment the location trigger out for now since it still has small logic problem which I try to fix tomorrow.

As usual packages in the original beta post. I also updated the info in that post so please read it through.
    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...56#post2180156

Main changes in this release:

* It is now possible to set closing or starting of mode to manual only (if you only want to start mode automatically but close it manually or let it be active until some other modes switches on etc.).
    * Charger trigger delay (you can set a delay for charger trigger execution when removing from charger, so if you want to be able to quickly remove phone from charger and place it back without mode closing etc.).
    * You can now set ringer mode (sound/vibrate) and ringtone settings (support messaging ringtone not in yet since I did not find a way to do it yet).
    * Screen turn off / always on should now work reliably (at least after bugs fixed, for this you need new patch version to be installed).
    * Now when phone is started the mode is activated after entering the pin. This way possible application startups won't disturb the pin entering.
    * Sliders have now numerical presentation in addition to slider.
    * All / any trigger choice working.
    * Support for multiple triggers.
    * Optimized mode starting and made it more robust.
    * Notification selector working.
    * Some other minor features.

I made lots of structural code changes to make the code more reliable and extensible for the future so this version might have critical bugs also since so much new. I did not find anything yet so it should be as safe as previous beta releases, but if you are not OK with going to see the doctor then maybe wait for first bug fix release

Before updating to this version it is good to delete all your old mode configuration. Even the app should delete your old configuration it is good idea to do it also manually.
    Last edited by sconix; 02/13/2010 at 03:40 PM.
  20.    #200  
    If somebody was very fast and managed to get a version that looses configuration right away when you activate the MS then just re-download and re-install the MS package. Sorry about this I packaged wrong version in the beginning, but it was available only maybe for 5 minutes.