Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  

For months, users have asked for a PreCentral App. Well, here is an app to get us going!

This app does one simple thing. It puts gives you a PreCentral icon in your App Launcher. Click it to go to the mobile version of PreCentral (m.precentral.net) to see:
    • Top Stories
    • PreCentral Forums
    • Today's Posts
    • Homebrew Gallery
    • Search options

Landscape mode enlarges the text so that it is easier to read and tap links.

You can see the Top Stories and check out the Forums.
    . .

Click Today's Posts for the latest posts from PreCentral's 300,000 members. Click Homebrew Gallery to see the newest apps.

. .

With so much information how do you find everything? Click search for the basic and Advanced Search.

Now you are never more than a tap away from PreCentral!

Thanks to kmax12 and sketch42 for creating this app based on this request.

When it is available in the Homebrew Gallery, it should be: PreCentral.
    Until it is available in the Homebrew Gallery, to install it, right-click on this PreCentral-App.zip link and click Save Target As.... Open the zip and extract the ipk file to a location you will remember. Open WebOS Quick Install and press the plus button [+] then select the file you just saved (com.themxweb.precentral_0.0.1_all.ipk) and click install.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 01/15/2010 at 09:53 AM.
    thanks for the app
    works great
    I was one of those who have wanted a Precentral app since we first discovered how to sideload homebrew apps through the email app lol. This is a great idea tho, and I love it
  4.    #4  
    Thanks to kmax12 and sketch42, this app has now been created. Please test and let us know how it works for you.

- Craig
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 01/13/2010 at 11:43 PM.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    been waiting for this one. Thanks.
    how is this any different than going to m.precentral.net?
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    how is this any different than going to m.precentral.net?
    Wow, how did I miss that there even IS a m.precentral.net? I've been going to the full version this whole time! I agree though -- this looks like it would be no different than just using the "Add To Launcher" command in the browser to add the icon. If it adds any additional functionality, I'd be interested, but for now I have the PC mobile icon I just loaded via the browser. So any reason to load as a Homebrew app?
    Quote Originally Posted by JrrInTN View Post
    Wow, how did I miss that there even IS a m.precentral.net? I've been going to the full version this whole time! I agree though -- this looks like it would be no different than just using the "Add To Launcher" command in the browser to add the icon. If it adds any additional functionality, I'd be interested, but for now I have the PC mobile icon I just loaded via the browser. So any reason to load as a Homebrew app?
    Ha! That is too funny! Basically, that is exactly what I did, by adding m.precentral.net to my launcher, I have 1-click access to the homepage. Also, I added a 2nd launcher icon for http:// m.forums.precentral.net/search.php?do=getdaily which is 1-click access to the forum, automatically defaulted to the last day's worth of entires.
    Yeah, this looks just like m.precentral.net? Maybe if there was an app that did threaded forums and such...
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    Yeah, this looks just like m.precentral.net? Maybe if there was an app that did threaded forums and such...
    That's because it is m.precentral.net.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    I too used the 'Add to Launcher' to get one-click access to Precentral. However, I would prefer the icon showed in this theme. (by default, WebOS makes a thumbnail out of the pre central page the last time you visited it and uses that as the icon).

Anyone know how to get the Pre to use this theme's icon instead?

Update: Never mind. I didn't realize that if I added m.precentral.net to my launcher instead of precentral.net it would use that same icon.
    Last edited by rlopin; 01/13/2010 at 04:13 PM. Reason: spelling correction
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
  12.    #12  
    There is now a similar Google Latitude app.

- Craig
    its packed as an app for those that want to rely on palm backing up their info
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    its packed as an app for those that want to rely on palm backing up their info
    I don't believe non-App Catalog apps gets backed up
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I don't believe non-App Catalog apps gets backed up
    your right they don't.. And because of that.. And soo many ppl using WOQI ...btw thanks for that jason... This is just one more ipk they'll add to their redownload no extra effort.. Just one more clcik
    nice! and all along i thought it was so strange there wasnt a mobile version of precentral... guess i just didnt know it was there
  17.    #17  
    This basic version has:
    Top Stories
    PreCentral Forums
    Today's Posts
    Homebrew Gallery
    Search options
    Landscape mode
    Very fast loading and response

What additional features would you like to see in a future fancy version?

- Craig
    Sorry to revive a 2-week-old thread, but i just wanted to ask: Did you make this by hand or using Ares? I didn't see an "ares.jsjsjs&$quot$; $or$ &$quot$;$ares_version$.$json$&$quot$; $but$ $i$ $was$ $hoping$.

I have a few apps ideas (obviously very simple if i need help with webView) But i haven't been able to get the webView widget working in Ares. I set it up with the proper URL, but it doesn't load when i install the app. I tried posting in the forums with no responses.

Any help on getting webView working through Ares would be great! Thanks for this app too, i downloaded it as soon as i saw it.
    Since 1.4, anytime I launch this app, it will start to load, swipe itself away and restart a new app load and will finish loading fine. This happens every time w/o fail. I've deleted the app and reinstalled it and I've also performed a full erase from device followed by a 1.4 dr (for other reasons). Still exhibiting this quirky behavior. Is it only my Pre?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    I think this app opens the browser to PreCentral, so when the first cards opens, it tells the browser to open the site, then close itself, then the browser open.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast