Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Query the ZVV Fahrplan (Swiss, Canton Zurich) Fahrplan from your phone. This app is in german and will only work with stations inside the canton zurich (ZVV).

Fragen sie den ZVV Fahrplan von ihrem Telefon ab. Diese App kennt im Moment nur Stationen innerhalb des Zürcher Verkehrsverbundes.

Functional complete, looking for feedback. Die Grundfunktionen sollten laufen, bin gespannt auf Rückmeldungen.

Now available at: http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/fahrplan
    Last edited by pretomcat; 01/04/2010 at 04:50 PM.
    »Fahrplan« is quite a grandiloquent name for an app with such a limited scope.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Highbrow View Post
    »Fahrplan« is quite a grandiloquent name for an app with such a limited scope.
    true at the moment .. but i'm planning to support all of switzerland in the next versions
    Hey Pretomcat

Who are you? Bin auch aus Zürich. Deine App ist Gold wert. Hab sie noch nicht runtergeladen aber werde das Teil gleich mal auschecken!

Beste Grüsse
    M
  5.    #5  
    Vielen Dank .. ich bin aus Effretikon .. bin gespannt auf Feedback

Markus
    Hoi Markus. Coole Sache, habs erst jetzt installiert, zusamment mit dem SBB Fahrplan. Funzt auf den ersten Blick problemlos. Muss sagen, dass ich allerdings selber sehr viel mit dem Auto unterwegs bin und die Alltagstauglichkeit nicht in nächster Zeit testen kann. Geil finde ich, wie man mit den Pfeilen frühere und spätere Verbindungen aufrufen kann. Also das einzige ist, dass Du es vom Layout noch schmucker machen könntest, kratzt mich aber gar nicht. Vielen Dank also noch einmal für diese coole App!

Moritz
  7.    #7  
    Update: Version 1.0.1

* Supports all stations in Switzerland
    * You can set your home-station in the preferences for quicker station choosing (use the home icon)

Neu: Version 1.0.1

* Es sind nun alle Haltestellen in der Schweiz unterstützt.
    * Die Zuhause-Haltestelle kann in den Einstellungen gesetzt werden und dann bei der Haltestelleneingabe mit dem "Home" Icon gewählt werden.
  8.    #8  
    Update: Version 1.0.2

* GPS-Support for finding the closest stations
    * Bugfixes and status indicators

Neu: Version 1.0.2

* GPS-Support um nahegelegene Haltestellen zu finden
    * Fehlerbehebung und Statusindikatoren

Looking for feedback
    Bin gespannt auf Feedback
    Thanks for this wonderful utility. But does it really work outside Zuerich? I'm in Geneva. Even though I can find easily local bus stop names, a search then produces an error message: Der Fahrplan hat keine Daten fuer diese Verbindun zurueckgeliefert. I guess it means you don't have the data for this connection. But you can easily get that from sites like www.tpg.ch(for Geneva public transport). How much one would love to get hold of such a device which works in all major Swiss cities, even if one has to pay for it!
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by loxpanpan View Post
    Thanks for this wonderful utility. But does it really work outside Zuerich? I'm in Geneva. Even though I can find easily local bus stop names, a search then produces an error message: Der Fahrplan hat keine Daten fuer diese Verbindun zurueckgeliefert. I guess it means you don't have the data for this connection. But you can easily get that from sites like www.tpg.ch(for Geneva public transport). How much one would love to get hold of such a device which works in all major Swiss cities, even if one has to pay for it!
    It might be that the ZVV fahrplan doesn't know all small stops. Can you give me an example where you get this error? (The error means that ZVV fahrplan doesn't know this stop).

You could also use SBB Fahrplan (http://uploads.precentral.net/homebr...s/sbb-fahrplan) which should know all stops. This version doesn't have the GPS support yet and it doesn't work on orange .. because orange wants us to pay to access the mobile sbb website .. strange.

Markus

I just checked: if you search for cornavin, zvv fahrplan replaces it with geneve (main station) while sbb fahrplan shows it correctly. Something is different in the data sources that ZVV uses.
    Last edited by pretomcat; 01/28/2010 at 03:20 PM.
    Thanks! That was fast. Well, for Geneva bus stops, I tried a few and they all showed the same error message. e.g. from "Genève, Nations" to "Genève, Cornavin" (the names were exactly as indicated in Haltestellen. BTW, your SBB Fahrplan, another favourite of mine, seems to have some funny problems with the French names as well. For example, if I choose Genève, it won't give any result. But if I choose Geneva, it works at once. I haven't tried Genf yet.
    One more feedback. With SBB Fahrplan, yes, it works most of the time, wiith minor exceptions for stops like "Genève, Cornavin". Anyway, I'm already thankful. Vielen Dank. Please keep up the good work.
  13.    #13  
    Thanks! That was fast. Well, for Geneva bus stops, I tried a few and they all showed the same error message. e.g. from "Genève, Nations" to "Genève, Cornavin" (the names were exactly as indicated in Haltestellen. BTW, your SBB Fahrplan, another favourite of mine, seems to have some funny problems with the French names as well. For example, if I choose Genève, it won't give any result. But if I choose Geneva, it works at once. I haven't tried Genf yet.
    ok, thanks .. i'll have to look at that ... probably the è or something

Markus

btw: does gps assisted stop finding work in geneva?
    Last edited by pretomcat; 01/28/2010 at 04:18 PM.
    Yes, the gps works in Geneva, so long as the stop can be recognized.
    Markus, I just did a quick search for Genève, Cornavin in the SBB web site. It at once recognized it and showed right connections to other parts of the city. I suspect that the problem I mentioned last time was indeed caused by the accented French letters.
    The PrPrPré $phones$ $we$ $have$ $here$ $all$ $come$ $from$ $German$ $O2$ $with$ $German$ $keyboard$. $Maybe$ $that$'$s$ $the$ $reason$? $The$ $ZVV$ $web$ $site$, $for$ $its$ $part$, $contains$ $far$ $fewer$ $bus$ $stops$ $for$ $Geneva$ $and$ $is$ $therefore$ $not$ $really$ $practical$ $for$ $me$, $even$ $though$ $it$ $does$ $offer$ $GPS$ $distance$ $info$.
  16.    #16  
    Markus, I just did a quick search for Genève, Cornavin in the SBB web site. It at once recognized it and showed right connections to other parts of the city. I suspect that the problem I mentioned last time was indeed caused by the accented French letters.
    The PrPrPré $phones$ $we$ $have$ $here$ $all$ $come$ $from$ $German$ $O2$ $with$ $German$ $keyboard$. $Maybe$ $that$'$s$ $the$ $reason$? $The$ $ZVV$ $web$ $site$, $for$ $its$ $part$, $contains$ $far$ $fewer$ $bus$ $stops$ $for$ $Geneva$ $and$ $is$ $therefore$ $not$ $really$ $practical$ $for$ $me$, $even$ $though$ $it$ $does$ $offer$ $GPS$ $distance$ $info$.
    Hi loxpanpan,

i've update the SBB Fahrplan to Version 1.0.2. It has the same features now as the ZVV Fahrplan.

http://uploads.precentral.net/homebr...s/sbb-fahrplan

Let me know if it works

Markus
    Markus,
    Thank you for such an excellent program for the Palm Pre.

I am living in Geneva.
    In the previuos version 1.01, the only way to get any train schedules from Geneva trainstation was to enter in Von "Geneva" in English.
    Putting it in French (Genève) or German (Genf) resulted in no schedules.

In version 1.02, however, it no longer accepts "Geneva" in the Von box.
    Again, using either French (Genève) or German (Genf) the name is accepted however it results in no schedules.

There appears to be no entry for "Genève, Gare" (Bahnoff)

Also before, if I entered Zurich in Nach, it found Zürich. Now I must enter Zürich with the ü (not as easy as before).
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by swissc View Post
    Markus,
    I am living in Geneva.
    In the previuos version 1.01, the only way to get any train schedules from Geneva trainstation was to enter in Von "Geneva" in English.

Again, using either French (Genève) or German (Genf) the name is accepted however it results in no schedules.

Also before, if I entered Zurich in Nach, it found Zürich. Now I must enter Zürich with the ü (not as easy as before).
    That's correct. With 1.0.2 and GPS-Support i have a database with station names, but they're all in german. Before that i was using the zvv website to find the station names.

BTW: I have updated SBB Fahrplan to 1.0.2 and it has the same features as the ZVV Fahrplan now but should show connections for all stations.

Markus
    Markus, thanks for coming up with revised version of SBB Fahrplan so quickly. As you can see, its popularity far exceeds the shores of Lake Zürich. But, unfortunately, just as swissc pointed out, the newer version is a step backwards for users in Geneva. I can no longer find "Geneva" or "Genf" as station name. In the past, when Cornavin, Genève(which, besides being the main railway station, is also a hub of bus lines) yielded no returns, I could at least get around that problem by inputting Geneva. In a desperate move, I tried to reinstall the 1.0.1 version, only to find that you have deleted it from Homebrew App. The old version was fine. Please bring it back!
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by swissc View Post
    Markus,
    Thank you for such an excellent program for the Palm Pre.

I am living in Geneva.

i have made changes in the backend to translate geneva to genève and zurich to zürich. let me know if that works for you and what other translations you need/know.

Markus
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast