Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by loxpanpan View Post
    Markus, thanks for coming up with revised version of SBB Fahrplan so quickly. As you can see, its popularity far exceeds the shores of Lake Zürich. But, unfortunately, just as swissc pointed out, the newer version is a step backwards for users in Geneva. I can no longer find "Geneva" or "Genf" as station name. In the past, when Cornavin, Genève(which, besides being the main railway station, is also a hub of bus lines) yielded no returns, I could at least get around that problem by inputting Geneva. In a desperate move, I tried to reinstall the 1.0.1 version, only to find that you have deleted it from Homebrew App. The old version was fine. Please bring it back!
    i have made changes in the backend to translate geneva to genève and zurich to zürich. let me know if that works for you and what other translations you need/know.

Markus
    Markus, the result is rather unpredictable. At one time, I wrote Geneva and indeed got Genève. But, as in the past,the subsequent search produces no result. On other occasions, I can't even get that close. For Geneva, I get the following names: Les Geneveys-sur-Coffrane, Les Genevez JU, Les Genevez JU, Les Vacheries, Les Genevez JU, poste, Les Hauts-Geneveys, Les Hauts-Geneveys, Les Hauts-Geneveys, Crêt Jura, Les Hauts-Geneveys, gare". It seems we are not getting very far.
  3.    #23  
    Markus, the result is rather unpredictable. At one time, I wrote Geneva and indeed got Genève. But, as in the past,the subsequent search produces no result. On other occasions, I can't even get that close. For Geneva, I get the following names: Les Geneveys-sur-Coffrane, Les Genevez JU, Les Genevez JU, Les Vacheries, Les Genevez JU, poste, Les Hauts-Geneveys, Les Hauts-Geneveys, Les Hauts-Geneveys, Crêt Jura, Les Hauts-Geneveys, gare". It seems we are not getting very far.
    My bad, i only translated the lowercase geneva, not Geneva .. sorry, should be fixed now

Markus
  4.    #24  
    Update: Version 1.0.3

* Bugfixes and Layout Changes

Neu: Version 1.0.3

* Fehlerbehebungen und Layout-Anpassungen
    Thanks, Markus, for working hard to solve the bugs. Yes, indeed, now Geneva, geneva, genève, all give right returns in the form of Genève, which is to be applauded. But, the French accented lettres still pose formidable challenges. For Genève, the search result produces about a hundred bus stop names in the city. Some, like Genève-Stade, works without a hitch, while others, like Genève, Cornavin, produce no result. While it is puzzling why some Geneva names work and some do not, one thing is almost certain: if a stop contains two accented lettres, like Genève-Aéroport, or Genève-Pâquis, the search will almost certainly lead nowhere. So it seems that you have to work out a way to get around this accent-related bug before it can release its full potentials. I'm sure with your ingenuity we are not that far from getting there.
  6.    #26  
    Thanks, Markus, for working hard to solve the bugs. Yes, indeed, now Geneva, geneva, genève, all give right returns in the form of Genève, which is to be applauded. But, the French accented lettres still pose formidable challenges. For Genève, the search result produces about a hundred bus stop names in the city. Some, like Genève-Stade, works without a hitch, while others, like Genève, Cornavin, produce no result. While it is puzzling why some Geneva names work and some do not, one thing is almost certain: if a stop contains two accented lettres, like Genève-Aéroport, or Genève-Pâquis, the search will almost certainly lead nowhere. So it seems that you have to work out a way to get around this accent-related bug before it can release its full potentials. I'm sure with your ingenuity we are not that far from getting there.
    Yes, it's indeed the french accented lettres that do not work correctly. Funny enough, other umlauts like ü,ä or ö don't show the same problem. I have to investigate some more ...

Markus
  7.    #27  
    I've updated SBB Fahrplan to 1.0.4 and it should solve the problems you were seeing.

Markus
    Spot on, Markus! You did it! The bug with French accented lettres is gone. Many, many thanks!
  9.    #29  
    Update: Version 1.0.4

* Bugfixes

Neu: Version 1.0.4

* Fehlerbehebungen
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    es, the gps works in Geneva, so long as the stop can be recognized.
    Ahmad
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12