Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 48
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpreacher View Post
    Thanks to you both!
    I guess i can add sounds and vibrations as you type.

    just out of curiousity, have you installed the hebrew fonts?

    do you think there is a requirement for other languages?
    to be honest with you , the only language I use is english... So I don't even understand the hebrew language !
  2. #22  
    How do you make capital letters? I don't see a shift key.
  3. #23  
    Thanks for making this app! The Hebrew is great. One request: It just lets you type one line. Can you add a carriage return so we can type longer messages with whole paragraphs? It would be nice to type a whole letter in Hebrew and then paste into an email
  4. #24  
    Every time I put a .,? or anything other then a letter it jumps to the start of what i'm typing... Also was hoping it would just sent texts from the app rather then plugging it in to the regular texting then having to send it that way... Are all keyboard app this way?
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    How do you make capital letters? I don't see a shift key.
    yes, you are correct. i will add it to the next version.



    Quote Originally Posted by ravsteve View Post
    Thanks for making this app! The Hebrew is great. One request: It just lets you type one line. Can you add a carriage return so we can type longer messages with whole paragraphs? It would be nice to type a whole letter in Hebrew and then paste into an email
    this is a multiline text-field. it will scroll to the next line as you type. i will check if i can move to the next line upon <enter>.

    Quote Originally Posted by adubace View Post
    Every time I put a .,? or anything other then a letter it jumps to the start of what i'm typing... Also was hoping it would just sent texts from the app rather then plugging it in to the regular texting then having to send it that way... Are all keyboard app this way?
    once again, you are correct. i still have some problems with the integration with the real keyboard. you have to use the on-screen .,? characters.


    meanwhile, i've uploaded an updated version with a preferences screen. you can control the feedback you get - sound/vibrations or no-feedback.
  6. #26  
    The haptic feed back and sound work great. The old type writer sound would be appropriate for the sound. This is great so far still experimenting with it.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpreacher View Post
    i don't actually need the font file, i need the mapping of the utf8 values and the keyboard layout.

    something like:
    var ALEF = '1488'
    var BET = '1489';
    var GIMEL = '1490';
    var DALET = '1491';
    var HE = '1492';

    and the language name.
    Language name = tlhIngan Hol (Klingon)

    Listed the 26 characters first.
    Then the punctuation marks
    Then the 10 numbers

    I've attached a really lame mock up showing the placement of the 26 characters and a few punctuation marks.
    The numbers can follow the standard 10-key format

    "qaghwI'" and "tlhIngan Degh" obviously don't fit inside their keys typed out, but I'm sure it's obvious which ones they are.

    Let me know if I need to clarify anything, and thanks for the help

    var 'at = 63696;
    var bay = 63697;
    var chay = 63698;
    var Day = 63699;
    var 'et = 63700;
    var ghay = 63701;
    var Hay = 63702;
    var 'It = 63703;
    var jay = 63704;
    var lay = 63705;
    var may = 63706;
    var nay = 63707;
    var ngay = 63708;
    var 'ot = 63709;
    var pay = 63710;
    var qay = 63711;
    var Qay = 63712;
    var ray = 63713;
    var Say = 63714;
    var tay = 63715;
    var tlhay = 63716;
    var 'ut = 63717;
    var vay = 63718;
    var way = 63719;
    var yay = 63720;
    var qaghwI' = 63721;

    var , = 63741;
    var . = 63742;
    var tlhIngan Degh = 63743;

    var 0 = 63728;
    var 1 = 63729;
    var 2 = 63730;
    var 3 = 63731;
    var 4 = 63732;
    var 5 = 63733;
    var 6 = 63734;
    var 7 = 63735;
    var 8 = 63736;
    var 9 = 63737;
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by roneyii; 01/09/2010 at 09:29 PM. Reason: attached updated picture

    webOS Developer
  8.    #28  
    LOL, are you for real?

    let me see what i can do. perhap i'll make it configurable. this way, you can type any keycode you wish.


    tIqjaj yInlIj 'ej bIchepjaj

    This is great man! Klingon2Go
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpreacher View Post
    LOL, are you for real?

    let me see what i can do. perhap i'll make it configurable. this way, you can type any keycode you wish.


    tIqjaj yInlIj 'ej bIchepjaj

    This is great man! Klingon2Go
    Yes, I am very serious.
    I appreciate your help. Before now, I've been trying to hack the virtual keyboard patch without success.
    Using an app will be much more stable.

    webOS Developer
  10. #30  
    Oh, and Klingon is written left -> right.

    webOS Developer
  11. #31  
    hi guys. where can i download this app? thanks
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    hi guys. where can i download this app? thanks
    Here or via Preware

    webOS Developer
  13. #33  
    thanks. also, when copy to clipboard, where is the clipboard?
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    thanks. also, when copy to clipboard, where is the clipboard?
    the clipboard is an area in the memory. when you send something to the clipboard you can later use it in another application.

    in our case, you can type a message and send it to the clipboard. then, go to the messaging application and paste it by clicking the application menu -> edit -> paste or even better hold the gesture + v
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpreacher View Post
    LOL, are you for real?

    let me see what i can do. perhap i'll make it configurable. this way, you can type any keycode you wish.


    tIqjaj yInlIj 'ej bIchepjaj

    This is great man! Klingon2Go
    Just wondering how development is coming along.
    I'd love to be able to use it on the 20th for my monthly "tweet only in Klingon" day.

    webOS Developer
  16. Kablin's Avatar
    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    #36  
    Is any chance to make it one in Russian (Cyrillic)?
  17. #37  
    While you're busy editing things, an interrobang (‽) would be really cool.
    The Pre already supports the character, it just can't type it.

    webOS Developer
  18. iofer's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    #38  
    the 1.4 update broke the connection to the hebrew font.
    the applicatin works but the hebrew font is gone
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by iofer View Post
    the 1.4 update broke the connection to the hebrew font.
    the applicatin works but the hebrew font is gone
    Just re-load it.

    webOS Developer
  20. #40  
    Thanks a million for this wonderful application!
    חג שמח!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions