Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by irishtexmex View Post
    I did too as well. If i just bought the app today, we won't have to pay for the new 2.0 update if it's released soon, will we?
    Saw your question - I'm not affiliated with this app (or any for that matter). But generally, unless a developer releases a new version of an app as a separate new app (don't know of this happening many times), then yes all updates are free (assuming you paid for it in the first place).
    do you think there's any possible way you could implement blackboard? a lot of uni's use it, and it would save the hassle of even manually entering grades, professors, course codes, etc. blackboard has its own app, but it's not available for webos.

i can't post links, but google blackboard mobile learn
  3.    #163  
    No, the 2.0 update will be free to everyone who already has the app.

And as an update, I had finished the beta version and was ready to put it out, but there is an error on palm's developer website which is preventing me from doing so. As soon as they fix this I will put the beta out.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I'm anxiously awaiting the beta!
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I did a quick skim and search of the thread for an answer to my simple question to no avail, so sorry if I missed something. Does A+ Student Organizer have to be open/active for me to receive notifications about upcoming tasks that are due? I actually had one set to remind me earlier today of a homework assignment due tomorrow morning, but I never got it and subsequently forgot about it. It wasn't until I checked my syllabus that I realized that not only had I not done the assignment, but I also realized that I never got a notification as planned either. In fact, the notification didn't pop up until I opened the app an hour ago.

I did ran a small test of it too: I set a notification to go off at 11:10 PM earlier tonight, shut the app, waited two minutes, and nothing ever popped up. It wasn't until I opened the app and allowed my phone to go to sleep before the LED notification alerted me of my upcoming assignment...while the app was open. =/ Is this an error? If not, what's the point of having a notification system if I have to have A+ running all the time?
  6.    #166  
    Just to let you all know, A+ Student Organizer 2.0 Beta is available for download from palm's beta feed or this link Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.. So try it out and let me know if you like the improvements or find any bugs.

Le THieN, I'm sorry the reminders aren't working as they definitally should be. I will double check that code and make sure Version 2.0 works correctly. It could be there is something with webOS 1.4.5 that is causing a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by KenCorbettJr View Post
    Just to let you all know, A+ Student Organizer 2.0 Beta is available for download from palm's beta feed or this link Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.. So try it out and let me know if you like the improvements or find any bugs.

Le THieN, I'm sorry the reminders aren't working as they definitally should be. I will double check that code and make sure Version 2.0 works correctly. It could be there is something with webOS 1.4.5 that is causing a problem.

Looks good Ken,

I just poked around since the beta didn't import my other info. I liked all the updated scenes and graphics! Besides those for one's grade (A, B, etc..) but I'm sure they'll grow on me.

Nice job, I'm excited for the official release!
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
  8.    #168  
    I've was kindof thinking the same thing about the letters. I'll see if I can't figure anything better out before the update becomes official.
    I was trying to set the app up as a gradebook. So that I can keep up with the group. Does this app have that functionality or will it be included in the future?
  10.    #170  
    It does not have that capability to be a grade book right now. We have thought of making a version of A+ Student Organizer for instructors but we haven't put any definite plans in place.
    That would be a great addition! Out of the 24 teachers I have in my builiding 10 of them have Pre's or Pixi's. I know that is a small percentage on your scale but almost 50% of my staff would benefit from it.
    Is there a timetable for when you would like to have a website for online management of your A+ account? I currently use a combination of gcal and toodledo (Done! app on webos) to keep track of all my assignments and classes, and the only thing holding me back from switching over to your app full time is the inability to enter my information online. It is just too tedious doing it all on the pre's keyboard.

And if it sounds like i'm whining, i'm not! I think you've developed a great app! (hence my purchase)
    jus sent an email regarding a problem I'm having with adding classes to the calendar. Jus played around with the beta it looks promising
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Quote Originally Posted by irishtexmex View Post
    Is there a timetable for when you would like to have a website for online management of your A+ account? I currently use a combination of gcal and toodledo (Done! app on webos) to keep track of all my assignments and classes, and the only thing holding me back from switching over to your app full time is the inability to enter my information online. It is just too tedious doing it all on the pre's keyboard.

And if it sounds like i'm whining, i'm not! I think you've developed a great app! (hence my purchase)
    I agree, that would be a great help.

Not that Im complainning or anything...

Imagina que no hay países no es difícil de hacer nadie por quien matar o morir ni tampoco religión.

La gente dice que estoy loco al hacer lo que hago.
    Bien, me han dado toda clase de advertencias para salvarme de la ruina.
    Cuando digo que me encuentro bien ellos me miran un poco raro.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Hi. I recently purchased the official 2.0 version from the App Catalog, and I really like this application, as it can help me keep my school assignments organized, but I've had some issues with the 2.0 version. I noticed that the top button to select "By Semester" or "Alphabetical" will cause a glitch where that same graphic appears a second time on the left, and sometimes completely blanks out the screen. After selecting one of my 2 listed courses, and then tapping on one of the more detailed options for Assignments, Instructors, Details etc. it will keep saying "loading" without loading that screen. Even after swiping back to exit that screen, then going back into it seems to fix it sometimes, and sometimes if I click on the same options again they say "loading" once again without loading that option's screen.

Just today I tried to check if any updates had possibly been submitted, but I noticed that both the offficial and beta 2.0 versions are no longer found in the App Catalog. They show up as listed apps, but when you click on either of them to see detailed info and get the install button, the catalog states that "This is not a valid webOS application". I was going to try to uninstall and reinstall, but now I can't even try. Have you pulled the application from the catalog for an update?
    Palm Pre on Sprint. WebOS 1.4.5
    If I helped you, a thanks would be much appreciated (Thanks button located on right side)
    Quote Originally Posted by Solen View Post
    Just today I tried to check if any updates had possibly been submitted, but I noticed that both the offficial and beta 2.0 versions are no longer found in the App Catalog. They show up as listed apps, but when you click on either of them to see detailed info and get the install button, the catalog states that "This is not a valid webOS application". I was going to try to uninstall and reinstall, but now I can't even try. Have you pulled the application from the catalog for an update?
    I'm having a similar issue where I uninstalled A+ Student Organizer (After having previously purchased the full version prior to 2.0) and now the app appears to stall whenever I try to redownload it. Is there a way to get a straight link to the .ipk or are there other means to sideloading it onto my Pre? Any suggestions? Bueller? Bueller wouldn't know, nevermind.
    Chaos begets chaos...
    I absolutely love this app, even more than (what's suppose to be) more mature software on Android phones. One small problem i'm having is syncing with Palm's calendar app and google calendar. It syncs just fine with the on device calendar but the issue i'm having is syncing it to google's servers. I know you can manually go in and change each event to "google" and then it'll sync but right now I have to do it for each and every instance of classes and assignments.

Is there a way to sync class dates and repeat assignments so that they are together in a series vs just a bunch of individual events? If anyone knows a work around that won't bother the developer that's welcomed also =)
    I wanted to bring back this thread to ask if anyone else is having trouble with adding classes to the calendar. I am running 2.1 on a pre2 and the button just sits there and spins.

Anyone else having this issue on 2.1?

Thanks,
    Same here Troymiller. The developer seems to have abandoned the app.
    That is too bad I was hoping to buy a touchpad version as well! And wouldve been great if they could sync so there are no duplicate entries. Sad but oh well.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast