Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    Make sure developer mode is turned on.
    - Type webos20090606 in universal seach and click the APP.

Then use Webos Quick Install 3.02 to get root access.
    - Tools > Linux Command Line

Alternatively, you can just use the get/send file function from WOSQI.
    I have tried using your method, but I am still getting a "Permission Denied" when I am in the terminal. I am plugged into my computer, in charge mode, and in WOSQI going to the command linux and try to access the folders, it is still saying "Permission Denied".

I have installed Virtual Box and the SDK on my machine via instructions from from webos-internals. So I have no idea what the problem is...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitraine21 View Post
    I have tried using your method, but I am still getting a "Permission Denied" when I am in the terminal. I am plugged into my computer, in charge mode, and in WOSQI going to the command linux and try to access the folders, it is still saying "Permission Denied".

I have installed Virtual Box and the SDK on my machine via instructions from from webos-internals. So I have no idea what the problem is...

Well, the more I think about it...

The cryptofs folder was created to be protected when connected to USB (that way normal users couldn't mess up 3rd party apps by modifying/deleting code on purpose or accident). If Palm didn't protect this folder when connected to USB any users would see this folder and thus all 3rd party apps.

- I assumed that WOSQI get file would still work, but I may be wrong (since the device is connected via USB cable).
    - When I grabbed the file for Ken, I used WinSCP (this allows you to view all of your devices files over a Wifi connection, thus no need to plug in to a computer).

If you'd like to setup WinSCP you'll have to follow these instructions:

-So you'll have to Generate Keys from WebOS

-Then Use the keys with WinSCP

Note:
    1) Terminal App via preware is not currently compatible with 1.4, so you'll have to use terminus.
    2) Once all setup, recall that wifi turns off with your screen (unless the phone is charging).
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
  3.    #143  
    Hey Everyone. I wanted to pass allong some exciting news about a project that WebOS Internals is working on.

Basically, they have created a Save/Restore Utility App which saves and restores application data like all the information you input into A+ Student Organizer. Basically this app saves and restores application data to and from a location on the USB drive (/media/internal/saverestore). This saved data will persist across a webOS Doctor or a Palm Profile reset and be restored after you have reinstalled the application. The saved data could also be transferred to another device if say you were getting a replacement device.

The utility is still in its alpha stages and there are still a few kinks to work out but the good news is that they have just added support for A+ Student Organizer. So anyone interested go ahead and check it out. Because it is still in testing phases you have to get it from the Preware Testing Feed. There are many other apps that are supported and with a small donation they will even add other apps at your request. Really this should be a good backup solution until I can get the cloud backup up and running.
    I was able to get the file via the command linux by using the find command, and then used WOSQI receive function to get it to my computer.

Thanks MLJones for your suggestions and quick responds!
    Hey, so I've successfully retrieved my backed up data... but the calendar won't sync now. It says "Error Updating Class: Event not found" any thoughts?
    im really trying to like this app so ive decided to give it a second go. It jus seems to be a lil too much for me. I still find myself using Classtracker more often. Its not the prettiest thing to look at but it does what i need it to do. i am having issues with the weighted grades in one of my courses. I have nothing but 90's and 100's on homework assignments, which is weighted 70% and no assignments in the projects/exams yet which is weighted 30% but my average in the course is reading C- 68%
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
  7.    #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxaloot View Post
    Hey, so I've successfully retrieved my backed up data... but the calendar won't sync now. It says "Error Updating Class: Event not found" any thoughts?
    For right now you will probably have to delete the place and time entry under you class details and then reinput the place and time entry to have it resync with the calendar. I will correct this in my next update so it is smoother, but right now it is looking to update an event which doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by mksand28 View Post
    im really trying to like this app so ive decided to give it a second go. It jus seems to be a lil too much for me. I still find myself using Classtracker more often. Its not the prettiest thing to look at but it does what i need it to do. i am having issues with the weighted grades in one of my courses. I have nothing but 90's and 100's on homework assignments, which is weighted 70% and no assignments in the projects/exams yet which is weighted 30% but my average in the course is reading C- 68%
    It actually sounds like A+ Student Organizer is weighting your grades correctly, it is just looking at the course as a whole. You see, because you don't have any points in your projects/exams your average for the course doesn't include any portion of that 30%, it is almoast as if you have 0 points in that catagory. Once you have a test or project completed your average for the entire course will go up dramatically.

Does class tracker handle this differently? Would there be a better/more intuitive way to handle weighted grades?
    So now the semester is over and all the grades are in.

Should I:
    1. Leave all this data in A+?
    2. Swipe the classes to delete them one at a time?
    3. Swipe the school term to delete them all?
    4. Other suggestions?

Will the calendar entries be deleted at the same time?

PS. I still can't get over how useful this program is. Straight A's this semester, and I have to give this program a lot of the credit.
  9.    #149  
    Actually, I built A+ Student Organizer to handle multiple semesters data so you shouldn't have to delete anything. Keeping old data won't slow anything down, and eventually I would like to build some graphs and statistical analysis into A+ Student Organizer that will show you how your grades have changed over time. This way you will also get a better idea of what your overall GPA is as well.

The only thing I would recommend is to mark your courses as finished. If you go into your courses for last semester, as long as it is later than whatever date you set for the end of your semester, you will see a new check box you can check to indicate that this course is finished. This will make it easier when you are adding assignments next semester as it won't give you the option to add grades to a finished course.
  10. Bah
    Is there a possible way to enter a semester and the pick class dates inside that?

My summer class dates work like so.

CAD 101 : 5/25-6/24
    CAD 102 : 6/29-7/29
    CAD 115 : 5/29-7/29
    ENG 122 : 6/7-8/02

Full date range is 5/25-8/02. Problem is none of the classes use the whole time...

So when I enter a class it lets me pick days of the week, but not days on a calendar. Do I need to enter a semester for each one? The problem is it populates my regular calendar with dates of classes I don't have. I do not want to sit and edit my calendar for several hours.

Any advice would be great, thank you.
  11.    #151  
    Yea, I see what you mean. I am taking some summer courses too and schedules are a little bit different durring the summer.

To give a little bit of background, when A+ Student Organizer adds the classes to your calendar it is really just one event with a custom repeating rule which causes it to repeat itself on every day you have class. So really the easiest thing may just to be going into the calendar and making your own repeating events rather than trying to edit the ones made by the app.

The way to do this is to go to the calendar app and add the calendar event for the first class for each of the courses you are taking. Then tap on "no repeat and change it to custom. This will open up a new scene where you can edit the custom event. Here you want to set the repeat type to weekly and then select the days of the week where you have the class. Lastly you would just say when the last day of class is so it will stop repeating, and you are done.

By doing it this way you should be able to add all the classes to your schedule in just a few minutes.

We are working on a big new release for fall semester that will feature greater calendar integration. If we can get everything done I will make sure we add the option to add custom start and end dates for classes within a semester.
    Hello I have a problem... the application just let me add two courses if I try to add another I cant becouse the button didnt work anymore.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by charliex235 View Post
    Hello I have a problem... the application just let me add two courses if I try to add another I cant becouse the button didnt work anymore.
    Thanks
    Same thing here, what am I doing wrong?
    Imagina que no hay países no es difícil de hacer nadie por quien matar o morir ni tampoco religión.

La gente dice que estoy loco al hacer lo que hago.
    Bien, me han dado toda clase de advertencias para salvarme de la ruina.
    Cuando digo que me encuentro bien ellos me miran un poco raro.
    i think, but am not sure, that the trial has a two class limit, and that the full version must be bought to unlock some capabilities
    you might be right, that explains a lot.

i need to get my bank card back to buy it.

Imagina que no hay países no es difícil de hacer nadie por quien matar o morir ni tampoco religión.

La gente dice que estoy loco al hacer lo que hago.
    Bien, me han dado toda clase de advertencias para salvarme de la ruina.
    Cuando digo que me encuentro bien ellos me miran un poco raro.
    when can we expect the next update?
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Thought there was supposed to be an update before the fall session? This is nice, but still needs some work.
  18.    #158  
    Just to let you all know. I am almost finished with A+ Student Organizer 2.0. It should be in palm's beta channel sometime this week and then released fully soon after that. Version 2.0 has tons of improvements and new features, and it has the ability for me to add many new features over the coming months very easily. Thank you all for your patience as I know this update has been a long time coming.
    I just brought this app this week.. 2.0 sounds good.. Maybe a video of what we can expect...
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I just brought this app this week.. 2.0 sounds good.. Maybe a video of what we can expect...
    I did too as well. If i just bought the app today, we won't have to pay for the new 2.0 update if it's released soon, will we?
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast