Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    I love the App and find it to be the most useful app on my phone.

I only encountered one issue: I can't add a task via the task tab. Sure this will be fixed soon .

I would like to have a pref option to change the default view for grades and task from pending and incomplete to all .
  2.    #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by MOE-GUNZ View Post
    I would like to have a pref option to change the default view for grades and task from pending and incomplete to all .
    I'm sure we can add that option, should be very easy to do. I'll file it under the feature requests.
    I too have been having this issue.

I was setting mutiple tasks for each grade. Went to the tasks page and nothing. Could not pinpoint exactly what I was doing that triggered it. I deleted grades one by one until the tasks re-appeared when going back to the task screen. I thought I may have reached a maximum task limit cause I kept getting to the point where adding one more task would cause the issue. I tired several times with different tasks.
    I did notice though that I could keep adding grades with a single task with no issue. Adding an additional task to an existing grade seemed to cause the issue at some point. All dates seemed good.
    I just cleared a bunch of tasks. I will pay more attention to what I'm doing and post again if the issue returns and I have something to add.

Good to hear there is an update soon. Thanks for the great communication and updates through this forum. Other developers take note, you can learn something here!
  4.    #104  
    Yes, and I have good news. I have just submitted the update to palm today which fixes the disappearing tasks. It turned out, contrary to what I had thought previously, that the disappearing tasks was not due to any issues with due dates or reminder dates. It was a fault in how I was telling the program to watch for people checking off the check boxes. But once I found out what the problem was, the fix was fairly easy.

So the A+ Student Organizer 1.1.0 update contains the following improvements:
    1. Weighted grading is now supported!!
    2. The layout of the course details scene has been redesigned for better clarity. We have also added a list of the grades for that class organized by type to the course details scene.
    3. The app now will allow users to set a custom reminder dates for tasks. More relative reminder options have also been added.
    4. Fixes a few bugs:
    a. Fixes the bug of the disappearing tasks.
    b. Fixes the bug which caused the app to freeze when trying to view the school terms.
    c. Fixes a variety of other smaller bugs.

Thanks to everyone for their feedback! Your input is what tells us what we need to work on next, keep it coming.
    For the next update:
    I think it would be useful to add a few more grade types... I.e. 'no grade' or perhaps 'reading.'

Thus preventing the user from having to put 0s in for the grade.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
  6.    #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    For the next update:
    I think it would be useful to add a few more grade types... I.e. 'no grade' or perhaps 'reading.'

Thus preventing the user from having to put 0s in for the grade.
    In a way you can even somewhat do this right now. If you go into your class details you can actually change the names of your assignment types and add new assignment types, and if you wanted you could create a separate assignment type just for 0 point grades.

However, as I have thought about your idea, I have come to a realization. Basically I think it would be cool to add the ability to add "objectives" in addition to grades. "Objectives" would basically be very similar to a grades but it wouldn't have any points tied to them. Just like grades "objectives" would have a due date and you could assign tasks to them too. This way you could even use A+ Student Organizer to remind you to do other school related things that maybe don't have a grade tied to them, or even more broadly as a general task application for your life.

I'll see what I can do to work this into an upcoming release.
    Quote Originally Posted by KenCorbettJr View Post
    In a way you can even somewhat do this right now. If you go into your class details you can actually change the names of your assignment types and add new assignment types, and if you wanted you could create a separate assignment type just for 0 point grades.

However, as I have thought about your idea, I have come to a realization. Basically I think it would be cool to add the ability to add "objectives" in addition to grades. "Objectives" would basically be very similar to a grades but it wouldn't have any points tied to them. Just like grades "objectives" would have a due date and you could assign tasks to them too. This way you could even use A+ Student Organizer to remind you to do other school related things that maybe don't have a grade tied to them, or even more broadly as a general task application for your life.

I'll see what I can do to work this into an upcoming release.
    Ken,

- Wow, I didn't know you could create other assignment types, great stuff. I get by how it is, and this helps even more so don't twist your leg over it. Yet, if I created a separate type just for 0 grades I don't see how my overall grade would be accurate.

- Really your 'objective idea' sounds the best, but again don't rush into any development just for me (don't cross it off the list though)!
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    One of the best developers around. When developers work with the community, things work out better, you rock!

Only thing I needed fixed was the task issue. Can't wait for the update, woot woot!!
    hmm, maybe a new "feature":
    - ungraded Tasks (for Homework)
    I just want to start off my saying that I love your app - time management is my worst trait and your app is already helping me get better grades and we're only a few weeks into the semester.

A couple feature requests from my end:

I agree with ttkk1: I would like a feature to be able to track absences. For example, I'm minoring in Japanese and every one of my classes has a grade deduction for absences (department policy). The basic policy is that each absence after x number of absences counts as a 1% deduction from your total grade. Also, each tardy counts as a third of an absence. Not something that's necessary (I rarely miss class) but it would be nice to be able to see how many absences I have left, my adjusted grade, etc.

I also agree with morningisbad: The arrow to get to the grade weights looks too much like a back arrow, it took me a frustratingly long time to find that page just earlier today, both times I've gone there in the past were because I stumbled across it, not because I knew it was there. and I thought it would be nice if it was better placed.

Somethings I didn't see mentioned so far that I would like to see:

An option to set the grade weights based on a point total rather than a percentage. For example, my math class is based on 600pts rather than 100%. Not too difficult to adapt for but it would be a nice feature.

Also, grade categories that will end up totally more points then they're worth. For example, my same math class this semester has a homework type that's worth 60pts but if you add all the assignments together it totals to 72pts. The way the grade is calculated is all points up to 60 apply, any earned points above 60 are dropped.

Once again I think your app is really awesome and I look forward to the 1.1 update.
    I just brought your app. I love it. I previously had a Palm Treo 755p and used the 4.0 Student app very simular to yours. I almost did not up grade to the Palm Pre until I saw your A+ app. Thanks. One problem I purchased your 1.0 version last night how do I get the updated version?
    Just downloaded the update! My tasks are all back! Thanks!!!!

(If you can't tell by the excessive use of exclamation points...I'm a little excited)
    I just downloaded the update as well, much improved. I did run into a problem where it seems that my grades that I put in the point value for are counting into my total grade, even though they haven't been graded yet. Also, the grade list from the Class page is listing grades in the order that I put them into my phone, not the order in which they are due. Love the improvements, though. Keep it up!
  14.    #114  
    Ok, well for a while I wasn't getting emails when people left new comments here, so I have a little catching up to do. But yes A+ Student Organizer 1.1.0 is not available!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealLink View Post
    Sure, I've been tossing that idea around in my head for a while. My thoughts are, when it comes to tasks there is always a reason why you need to complete a task. So in some ways it makes sense to have all tasks lead back to either a grade or an "objective" as I mentioned in an earlier post. However some things that need doing are so self explanatory and simple that a task that didn't have a grade or objective tied to it would make sense. I will probably just go ahead and add the ability to add independent tasks but at least those are my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by A.Stice View Post
    A couple feature requests from my end:

I agree with ttkk1: I would like a feature to be able to track absences. For example, I'm minoring in Japanese and every one of my classes has a grade deduction for absences (department policy). The basic policy is that each absence after x number of absences counts as a 1% deduction from your total grade. Also, each tardy counts as a third of an absence. Not something that's necessary (I rarely miss class) but it would be nice to be able to see how many absences I have left, my adjusted grade, etc.
    This should be easy enough. It will probably come at the same time as we do our overhaul of how we add your class times to your schedule.

Somethings I didn't see mentioned so far that I would like to see:

An option to set the grade weights based on a point total rather than a percentage. For example, my math class is based on 600pts rather than 100%. Not too difficult to adapt for but it would be a nice feature.

Also, grade categories that will end up totally more points then they're worth. For example, my same math class this semester has a homework type that's worth 60pts but if you add all the assignments together it totals to 72pts. The way the grade is calculated is all points up to 60 apply, any earned points above 60 are dropped.
    You are right, I hadn't thought about it before but setting a max number of points for a specific assignment type or for an entire class wouldn't be too hard. I'll file it as a feature request, for now you will need to convert it to a percentage and watch to make sure that you don't input more than 60 points for homework as anything above and beyond would be counted as extra credit.

As I think about it I will probably incorporate this at the same time I add the ability to calculate grading drops. I will have options to drop the lowest grade in a category or drop any points beyond a certain amount.

I did run into a problem where it seems that my grades that I put in the point value for are counting into my total grade, even though they haven't been graded yet. Also, the grade list from the Class page is listing grades in the order that I put them into my phone, not the order in which they are due.
    We will work on correcting the order of the grades. As far as counting ungraded assignment it definitally shouldn't be. Try to see if you can't tell which grade it is counting that it shouldn't or if it is all of them. There may still be a couple of bugs in the grade calculating process that need to be squashed.
    I believe that it's all of them. I only had a couple of assignments that had their point values added in on my phone so it didn't affect my grade much but on my wife's phone she had an entire class entered, so it knocked her grade down from a B to a 0%. It was a fairly easy fix to flip through them and remove the values for now, but for bug fixing purposes, it was all of them for us.
  16.    #116  
    Yea, I'll get to work on it. I see what you mean. At least when you update a possible score in a grade it seems to throw things out of whack, but once I put an earned score in, or update the weights the correct grade returns. I am going to be putting out another update out again here real soon to fix a couple display issues that will happen with the changes coming in webOS 1.4. I'll make sure I squash that grading bug too.
    I didn't name some of my tasks/grades well enough, is there a way to see what class each is for?
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
  18.    #118  
    If you tap on the info icon in the upper right hand corner, you can see and change which class or grade the grade or task is assigned to. Ideally I would like to change it so that when you are looking at your tasks list it shows you the course and grade that a task is assigned to.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealLink View Post
    Yea like "English homework" or "study for test". Will be even cooler if it ties to the calender app, so you can set reminders. I often forget to do an assignment or study for a upcoming test

If thats added, I don't see what else is needed (besides a preference option to set the default views for each section, pending, completed, all, ect)
    When you are adding a grade and you want to set the date, I was wondering if when you click on the "class" drop down menu the list would start on the current date instead of the first day of class. I just find it very tedious having to keep scrolling down every time I want to set the date to the next class.

Edit: Also another feature that would be nice is the option of seeing due dates on the calendar.
    Last edited by LuIsChillin; 02/16/2010 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Another Idea