Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 185
  1. #81  
    Great work on this app. I was wondering is there a way to sync with A+ calendar with Google calendar so I can see it online?
  2.    #82  
    The way palm has set up the calendar app, it doesn't allow A+ Student to directly add events to any other calendar. That said, once your class times have been added to your calendar, you might be able to go into the detail for the event that is created, and change the calendar that it is under from A+ Student to one of your google calendars. I haven't tested this but I think it might work.

    In the future however I would like to make this process more seemless and allow people to either add the class times to their on device calendar or a google calendar depending on what would work best. Google does have processes in place to allow 3rd party apps to add events to google calendars so this really shouldn't be too dificult Additionally, it looks as though we will be hosting the online version of A+ Student Organizer on Google's AppEngine, and because this will all be on google's framework they have specific procedures to make this even easier.
  3. #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by KenCorbettJr View Post
    ...it looks as though we will be hosting the online version of A+ Student Organizer on Google's AppEngine, and because this will all be on google's framework they have specific procedures to make this even easier.
    Sweet, can't wait!
  4. #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by sunriseshell View Post
    Sweet, can't wait!
    holly... er.. Molly... I was just about to put the same exact reply! Haha lol

    yeah, I was wondering about the calendar thing too. I had all my class info entered into google cal, and didn't want to delete it, but now I have same thing showing twice... So yeah, it would be very very sweet if the a+ cal would actually sync with google!
  5. JayKC's Avatar
    Posts
    131 Posts
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    #85  
    Right now, the task due date doesn't seem to work for me. For instance I have an exam in mid feb. and reading that is due this week. If I want to add the reading as a task to the exam my only choices are due in 4 weeks, 3 weeks, etc. I think that it would be best to be able to select the date that it is due.

    Thanks.
    Follow me on Twitter: @jjshore
  6.    #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by JayKC View Post
    Right now, the task due date doesn't seem to work for me. For instance I have an exam in mid feb. and reading that is due this week. If I want to add the reading as a task to the exam my only choices are due in 4 weeks, 3 weeks, etc. I think that it would be best to be able to select the date that it is due.
    Yea. I agree with you. A relative due date is nice in some instances, like when an instructor pushes a projects due date back a week. To have each of your tasks automatically adjust is convenient. This also allows tasks to be created quickly. However, I am realizing that A+ Student Organizer needs to have the flexibility. Sometimes you need to be able to set an exact due date for a task, and sometimes tasks aren't directly related to a grade.

    I am trying to work in these improvements to task setting along with the support for grading weights in the first update around Feb 1st. After that, my plan is to put an update out every 2 weeks, incrementally moving A+ Student Organizer into that elusive killer app category.
  7. #87  
    I had an assignment that I assigned points to and completed. It turns out it was just a class exercise and has no value. I tried to edit it but missed the setting. Today I went to completed assignments and swiped it away hoping the score would go with it.

    Two questions:
    1. Can you edit completed assignment scores?
    2. If so can you edit deleted completed assignments?



    Thanks
  8.    #88  
    Yes, you can edit completed assignment scores. In your situation you could have just changed the earned and possible scores to zero and the points would have gone away.

    And no, you cannot edit deleted assignments. Once they are deleted they are gone. However there is a bug right now where when you delete a grade it doesn't remove the points from the overall grade calculation. However, once you enter your next assignment for that course the earned and possible points will be recalculated and the points will be removed. This bug will be corrected in the next update.
  9. #89  
    Cool thanks.

    Great app by the way. I give it .
  10. #90  
    Hey man, first off great app!

    I was entering my entire syllabus today with multiple tasks for each "grade"....everything was working fine for awhile, but now I just looked at the tasks menu and nothing shows up. I'm not sure what happened because my grades still show up and I can view my pending tasks when I click on each individual grade item, but for some reason nothing shows up under tasks (even when I switch to the "all" view). Any ideas why this might have happened?

    Also, I saw this bug listed earlier in this thread, but when I add a grade it doesn't let me select a class time....it reverts to december 31st 1969 and I have to manually edit the due date each time.

    Hopefully these aren't unfixable issues, I REALLY don't want to lose all the data I just entered =(

    P.S. I'm from Cleveland! Go Ohioans! (Although I ditched Cleveland for Boston long ago....)
  11.    #91  
    Yea, I've had a couple people report the bug with the tasks not showing up. The good news is that all the info that you have input is still there and the error is totally fixable.

    You probably have one task that for some reason has a reminder date that is before 1970 or something, and because I didn't include code to catch and deal with any errors the whole list is just not displaying. With the next update, which should be out in about a week or so this should all be fixed and you will be able to view your tasks list again.

    Thank you for your patience!
  12. #92  
    hi, yeah great app, loving it!

    Also, just wanted to let you know...

    I accidentally missed an assignment that was due today (forgot to enter it)... Anyway, I'm trying to put a 0/10 in the grade and it shows a big red 'None 0/10' and so doesn't show in the Grades for Active Courses, only in All. If I put a 1/10 it shows up as an 'F 1/10'

    again, thanx for a great great app!
  13.    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by cheburashka View Post
    I accidentally missed an assignment that was due today (forgot to enter it)... Anyway, I'm trying to put a 0/10 in the grade and it shows a big red 'None 0/10' and so doesn't show in the Grades for Active Courses, only in All. If I put a 1/10 it shows up as an 'F 1/10'
    Thank you for mentioning this. I did just what you describe and I see what you are saying. I am redoing a lot of how A+ Student Organizer handles grading to allow for weighted grades. I will make sure this is corrected in the first update here in the next week or so.
  14. #94  
    I wonder, would it be possible to have the app automatically set an alarm clock in the built-in clock application for the first class of the day, say an hour before or something?

    I'd guess not, I don't know if there's an API for that, but just throwing the idea out there anyway.

    It'd have to be optional, but I think it'd be pretty useful for some.

    Edit: Also, what about handling days off? It'd be nice if I could enter in a list of holidays the school honors and have it not put the classes into my calendar on those days.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 01/25/2010 at 10:20 PM.
  15.    #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I wonder, would it be possible to have the app automatically set an alarm clock in the built-in clock application for the first class of the day, say an hour before or something?

    I'd guess not, I don't know if there's an API for that, but just throwing the idea out there anyway.

    It'd have to be optional, but I think it'd be pretty useful for some.

    Edit: Also, what about handling days off? It'd be nice if I could enter in a list of holidays the school honors and have it not put the classes into my calendar on those days.
    Yes, it is possible to have an alarm go off to remind you of any calendar event and there actually is an API to set that reminder.

    For right now if you want to turn on this reminder, you can just go into calendar app, tap on an of the class times and you will see an option to set the reminder. As you add this reminder it will ask you if you want to just add it to this class, or every occurrence in the series which would set the reminder for every class throughout the entire semester.

    Eventually this is going to change though, as I am going to redo the way that A+ Student Organizer adds events to the calendar. I'm going to change it so that each class is its own separate event. This will have many benefits like the ability to list which assignments are due in the notes section of the calendar entry for each class. When I do this I will make sure I include the option to set the reminder for a class if you want to, skip adding class times for holidays and such, and change the start and end time of individual class times all right in the app.

    Redoing the way A+ Student Organizer handles calendar events will also allow for another option when viewing your courses. Basically it will allow me to set up a list of your classes in sequential order so you can see which specific classes you have coming up and what is due in those upcoming classes all in one scrollable list.
  16. #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by KenCorbettJr View Post
    Yea, I've had a couple people report the bug with the tasks not showing up. The good news is that all the info that you have input is still there and the error is totally fixable.

    You probably have one task that for some reason has a reminder date that is before 1970 or something, and because I didn't include code to catch and deal with any errors the whole list is just not displaying. With the next update, which should be out in about a week or so this should all be fixed and you will be able to view your tasks list again.

    Thank you for your patience!

    Ken, I'm experiencing the same issue... I don't have many tasks so I manually went through them and checked the dates. I didn't see any with erroneous dates.

    Anyhow, I sent you an e-mail containing an archive of the app off my Pre. Let me know if I can do anything else to help.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
  17. #97  
    Hahaha, stupid question. Don't worry about it.
    Last edited by Gefv09; 01/28/2010 at 04:24 PM. Reason: it was stupid
  18.    #98  
    Thanks for the email. I am looking into this still, and want to make sure I correct this error for good. The difficult part up until now is that I have been unable to replicate it on my own. But now that I have your file, I will take a look at it and I should be able to isolate that error and correct it.

    I also appreciate you checking all your dates, and mentioning in your email that it seemed to happen after you had entered some tasks within a grade. Maybe there is some conflict there. I'll let you know if I need anything else.

    The good news is we are getting very close to completing our first update, so everyone who is experiencing this error should be back in business within the next week.
  19. #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by KenCorbettJr View Post
    Thanks for the email. I am looking into this still, and want to make sure I correct this error for good. The difficult part up until now is that I have been unable to replicate it on my own. But now that I have your file, I will take a look at it and I should be able to isolate that error and correct it.

    I also appreciate you checking all your dates, and mentioning in your email that it seemed to happen after you had entered some tasks within a grade. Maybe there is some conflict there. I'll let you know if I need anything else.

    The good news is we are getting very close to completing our first update, so everyone who is experiencing this error should be back in business within the next week.
    A theory: if your in the grades scene and click the plus sign and start to enter a grade and the screen turns off... Either via time or by pressing the button, the input box is no longer on screen. I think this may have happened in my case, perhaps you could investigate.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
  20.    #100  
    I checked that out what you were saying. I think that the disappearing dialog box is actually a standard feature of dialog boxes. However, from what you had emailed me I was able to figure out what was going wrong. The error was in how I had set up what happens after you tap one of the check boxes. I was able to correct this error, and I have included the fix in the next update.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions