Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Just wondering how you were comming along ( i know you got a lot of suggestions) and how far away the next update is
  2.    #62  
    I am hoping to have a solid update by Feb 1st, but we'll see how things goes.
    don't know if it's my phone but from the trail reviews in the catalog alot of people is having the same problem where it stuck on installing and the app shows up in the launcher but there's a circle next to it and when I click the icon it goes back to the app catalog.
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    don't know if it's my phone but from the trail reviews in the catalog alot of people is having the same problem where it stuck on installing and the app shows up in the launcher but there's a circle next to it and when I click the icon it goes back to the app catalog.
    Yes, this is deeply concerning to us, and according to the developer forums, this is actually happening to quite a few apps across the entire app catalog and is a problem that palm engineering is currently working on. The only recommended action at this time is to contact palm at http://www.palm.com/support so they can log the error and determine the problem.

As you may remember 1.3.5 was an update which moved all of the apps to a completely different place on your device as well as made many changes to the app catalog, and often times various homebrew applications didn't migrate over successfully and this is causing problems. You can try running the Emergency Migration Tool, this may help. Hopefully palm will fix this soon as A+ Student Organizer seems to have been particularly plagued by this problem.

I wish I had a better answer for you, and if palm notifies us developers that there is anything we can do to fix this problem you can be sure we will do it.
    Ok - I'm going to beg. If you can do such a bang up job on this type of app how much work would it take to make it a PIM type program?? I would pay$25 or more for it if it were as good as your A+ app! WebOS needs this to make the jump to hyper space. Are you up to the task?
    I got it to finally to download, I turned off all the feeds in Preware and then click update feeds than I restarted my pre and redownloaded the trail app and it worked. Maybe that can help whoever having problems and have preware installed.
    How do you delete a semester or course?
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I got it to finally to download, I turned off all the feeds in Preware and then click update feeds than I restarted my pre and redownloaded the trail app and it worked. Maybe that can help whoever having problems and have preware installed.
    hey that worked!
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    I'm new to the pre and love the program, it's going to make my school schedule MUCH easier. In addition to the planned improvements a thing that popped into my head to ask for would be the ability to add a different date to the class schedule as the finals for my classes are not on regular scheduled class dates and times. Or would this be taken care of in the planned week a/week b update as I'm not familiar with that type of scheduling?
    maybe for a back up solution you can implement an import/export idea like classtracker does. it exports your data to email and to import you copy and paste the data back into the app. i used class tracker last semester it had a few bugs n i dont think the developer is updating it anymore. i purchased the A + app but without a backup i can not use it. i like it alot though. also a backup solution like the checkbook app would b perfect. you export the data to your google account and it saves in a spreadsheet format all you do is put in your username and pass and it imports it back into the app for you.
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by sammie14 View Post
    How do you delete a semester or course?
    Actually you just slide it off the screen to the left or the right, hit the delete button, and then hit the yellow delete button on the dialog that pops up.

Quote Originally Posted by roanscar View Post
    I'm new to the pre and love the program, it's going to make my school schedule MUCH easier. In addition to the planned improvements a thing that popped into my head to ask for would be the ability to add a different date to the class schedule as the finals for my classes are not on regular scheduled class dates and times. Or would this be taken care of in the planned week a/week b update as I'm not familiar with that type of scheduling?
    As I have thought about the scheduling, I have decieded to do a complete revamp of this feature. Right now the app is just adding a single iCal event with a repeat rule. Doing it this way was easier but it doesn't allow all the functionality I would like. For example, I am recieving lots of requests that assignments show up in the notes for each class entry in the calendar.

To do this I am going to change the code so that each class will have its own calendar event, which I can then have A+ Student Organizer update individually. When I implement this change I will include the ability to add a separate event for the final, along with the ability to skip individual class times for hollidays and such.

This involves a little more programing overhead but in the end I am sure it will be huge improvement for the user. Because of the time involved in making sure this is done right, this change will not make it in the first update, but it should be coming soon.
  12.    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by mksand28 View Post
    maybe for a back up solution you can implement an import/export idea like classtracker does. it exports your data to email and to import you copy and paste the data back into the app. i used class tracker last semester it had a few bugs n i dont think the developer is updating it anymore. i purchased the A + app but without a backup i can not use it. i like it alot though. also a backup solution like the checkbook app would b perfect. you export the data to your google account and it saves in a spreadsheet format all you do is put in your username and pass and it imports it back into the app for you.
    I will look into both of your ideas for backup, at least as a temporary fix until I get the cloud backup up and running. I also know some people have reservations about having all their info in the cloud, so maybe I will even keep it as an alternate option for those people.

I am going to contact the developers of the apps you mention to see if they would mind sharing exaclty how they did it.
    I have downloaded the program and feel it could be a help but I need a way that you can input reading assignments etc.

I am a law student so everything can not be tied to a grade as there is only one grade at the end of the semester.

It would be good if you could just input the syllabus into the programs and you have reminders when you need to have reading or other things done etc...

Is this possible?
  14.    #74  
    In a way. A+ Student Organizer does allow for grades that are worth nothing. So you could input grades worth 0 points, maybe general topics or chapters, and tie tasks to those grades to do your reading assignments. You can even add/change an assignment type to be a reading assignment.

Ideally I would like A+ Student Organizer to be flexible enough to handle most everyone's situation, and in thinking through this I'm thinking that easier than the zero grade method, it might be easier to allow more flexibility in the reminder date for tasks. Allowing them to have either a relative to date like right now or a specific due date. This way you wouldn't even have to deal with inputing zero grade assignments.

Is the current implementation good enough? Or would you like to see the ability to specify an exact reminder time for a task?
    Last edited by KenCorbettJr; 01/16/2010 at 09:40 PM.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KenCorbettJr View Post
    In a way. A+ Student Organizer does allow for grades that are worth nothing. So you could input grades worth 0 points, maybe general topics or chapters, and tie tasks to those grades to do your reading assignments. You can even add/change an assignment type to be a reading assignment.

Ideally I would like A+ Student Organizer to be flexible enough to handle most everyone's situation, and in thinking through this I'm thinking that easier than the zero grade method, it might be easier to allow more flexibility in the reminder date for tasks. Allowing them to have either a relative to date like right now or a specific due date. This way you wouldn't even have to deal with inputing zero grade assignments.

Is the current implementation good enough? Or would you like to see the ability to specify an exact reminder time for a task?
    IMO, I think a that it would help if you could input a tasks independent from a grade as well. I am not sure if that's what you meant, but it would solve the zero grade method too.
    Follow me on Twitter: @jjshore
    Quote Originally Posted by mksand28 View Post
    Originally Posted by OneDeep
    hey that worked!
    yeah! worked for me too!

i wonder if there is a conflict between preware and the app catalog? but thats just a guess as i am not a programmer...

anyway, great app! love it, thanx
    Hi, Just 2 small suggestions...

1. Thursday is usually abbreviated as R in the academic calendar so not to confuse with T for Tuesday (at least in high school and at both colleges that i attended, so may not be true for all).

2. Would be nice to have the week start on Monday (or at least as an option?).

btw...

hi, i upgraded from trial and just wanted to know... does the full version install "over" the trial? if so will the data be kept or lost, or does it install as a separate app and all the info needs to be reentered?

thanx
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    When i did it, it installs as a different application, so it didn't transfer.
  20.    #80  
    Yes, unfortunately the trial version data does not transfer

This is because the trial version has an different app id, and therefore a different database that is inaccessible by the full version of the program.

Hopefully we can ease this transition in the future once we get our website version of A+ Student Organizer up. Then people will be able to import their data from the trial version into the full version once they upgrade.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast