Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxaloot View Post
    The ability to be able to link your professor's email to the class, maybe click the name of the instructor, opening an email? Just a suggestion. On a related note, it would be nice to be able to add an email address to a project grade, so you have your group member's names and emails available right there.
    Thanks for your suggestions! These are both things that are in the works for future versions of A+ Student Organizer, but it is good to know what people are wanting so I can work on impementing those things first.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    After playing around with A+, I really like it. The best designed app I've seen to date - very nice work!

I did notice something strange, though. I added a fake graded test to try out the grade keeping functionality. It worked, but after I deleted the test it still shows the grade percentage. I've searched in course screen, grade screen, and task screen but I didn't see anything listed. Is this a bug, or is it normal?
    Follow me on Twitter: @jjshore
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by JayKC View Post
    After playing around with A+, I really like it. The best designed app I've seen to date - very nice work!

I did notice something strange, though. I added a fake graded test to try out the grade keeping functionality. It worked, but after I deleted the test it still shows the grade percentage. I've searched in course screen, grade screen, and task screen but I didn't see anything listed. Is this a bug, or is it normal?
    Thanks for reporting this and it is a bug. The reason it exists is that when a grade is deleted, I forgot to include code which would recalculate the number of points you have earned and how many are available. I will fix this in the next release, but for right now the bug will somewhat fix itself. The next time you enter your earned points for a grade these numbers will recalculate with the correct values.

If you have any other questions, or if anyone else finds any bugs please let me know so I can correct them.
    Hi There.

I posted this under your comments on your website, but I will post it again on here.

"Hi. I just downloaded your app and think its great. Yet, I have a question regarding grading. Is there any possible way to weight the grades individually?

For example, I have one quiz that counts for 15% of my grade, Midterm that counts for 30%, etc.

Thanks and keep up the good work!"
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I downloaded the app from the Palm app catalog as soon as it hit last night! I entered all my classes today and I have a request. In a future release, could you add the ability to reorder classes in the "Courses" view?

Thanks!

EDIT: I just noticed you can sort by semester or alphabetical. I would also like a option to have an option to sort by time class occurs or custom sort (drag and drop) if possible.
  6.    #46  
    Sure, that is actually very easy to implement.

And, Nitraine21, we should be working in grading weights in soon.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Thanks for listening to my suggestions. I know that I, and I am sure others, really appreciate when developers listen to their users.

Currently, doesn't A+ back up any entered data - correct? So if I needed to reset my Pre or replace it all the entered data would be lost? Just wanting to check ahead of time so I can keep that in mind when messing with patches/apps - seems like I will be entering a lot of data on this app that I don't want to lose.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I cannot wait for the full version to come out, especially if it's only going to be $2.99. I was busy loading my classes in and got to the point where I can only do so much on the demo.. I will be downloading this for sure. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Just kidding, I just bought it for $2.99 and love it. Thanks alot! It will help so much this semester.
  10.    #50  
    Thanks for listening to my suggestions. I know that I, and I am sure others, really appreciate when developers listen to their users.

Currently, doesn't A+ back up any entered data - correct? So if I needed to reset my Pre or replace it all the entered data would be lost? Just wanting to check ahead of time so I can keep that in mind when messing with patches/apps - seems like I will be entering a lot of data on this app that I don't want to lose.
    Yes, at this time there is no way to backup of the data you store in A+ Student Organizer, and as a developer, more than anything else this is my biggest concern. I really wish palm would just back up the html5 databases on their servers like they do with the cookies and with all of the information from their core applications, but the do not, and they also don't have a standardized way to do this at this point. They say they are leaving it up to developers like me.

So my plan to fix this is to set up a website & server which will back up the data, and will also allow users to enter their information online. I will probably implement the backup portion first, so that people's data will be protected sooner rather than later and then add the online data entry a little bit later.

So for the time being if you are a heavy A+ Student user, I would advise you to be carfull in using your palm pre. Don't install any questionable patches where you might have to doctor your phone. We here at Forethought Labs don't want you to lose any data and hopefully we can get our server up and running before this happens to too many people. Thank you in advance for your patience with this.
    The app hit the catalogue today and I wanted to know, what is the main difference between the free trial and the $3 version?
  12.    #52  
    The only difference is the trial version is limited to 1 school term, 2 courses, 5 grades, and 10 tasks. If thats all you need, the trial version will never expire and you can use it forever. However if you want to organizer yourself beyond those limits you will need to purchase the full verison.
    Not to get off subject but I bought your app and noticed Ohio State..I currently attend Dental School there..looks like you might be in that area as well?
  14.    #54  
    Well, nearby. I am actually a current student at Youngstown State University, but I am a HUGE fan of the Buckeyes and felt it would be a school more people might recognize.
    I just purchased this app and I can't wait to get the updates. My classes begins next Tuesday.
    Purchased this app this morning and I have to say I really like it.

Two things though:
    1) Adding a grade sometimes takes upwards of 10-15 seconds
    2) All new grades default to being due at 7pm on December 31, 1969
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by Leathal View Post
    Purchased this app this morning and I have to say I really like it.

Two things though:
    1) Adding a grade sometimes takes upwards of 10-15 seconds
    2) All new grades default to being due at 7pm on December 31, 1969
    Leathal, thank you for reporting this.

Really, it shouldn't take more than just a moment or two to add a new grade. I think the problem may be in your class times. You see, when you add a new grade, or open a grade you have already input, A+ Student Organizer makes a quick list of all of your class times, so you can easily change the due date to a future class time with just a couple of taps.

What probably happened in your case is that your school term start date defaulted back to Unix Epoch (which is the earliest date which can be represented in javascript), and your class times are actually in your calendar from 1/1/70 through the end of your school term. To correct this, just go to your school terms (the app menu), and change the term start date to whenever your school term actually begins, then go back to your class times, resynchronize them with the calendar, and from there you should be able to add grades much quicker.

One other thing I want ot mention, some users have been reporting an error where the app freezes if they try and view their school terms. This error appears to be quite rare, and we have a workaround for people, so if you also have this error, this drop me an email at ken@forethought-labs.com and I'll walk you through how to clear it.

On a related note, I want to thank everyone with for there patience and help in reporting and working though these errors. With A+ Student Organizer in its initial release, there were bound to be a couple of bugs, but with your help we should have them most all of them cleared out by the next release.
    I love this application It really has kept me organized and i definitely use this more than any other application on my phone. I did find a small problem. When i try to add a note to a task, it never saves. Other than that, everything is working perfectly! I look forward to seeing the future of this app
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    In a future release, do you think it is possible to add an option to choose the default home screen? Right now it loads courses when the app starts, I think it would be help to have an option to load the tasks first to see what you need to work on and to quick add a task while in class.
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by padilljl View Post
    I did find a small problem. When i try to add a note to a task, it never saves.
    That is an easy fix, I'll make sure it makes the next release.

In a future release, do you think it is possible to add an option to choose the default home screen? Right now it loads courses when the app starts, I think it would be help to have an option to load the tasks first to see what you need to work on and to quick add a task while in class.
    I agree it would be really convenient. Right now A+ Student Organizer doesn't have any prefferences, but I can definitally see putting this on a prefferences page once I have a chance to add it.

However, even in this initial release, A+ Student Organizer should be remembering the last primary view (courses / grades / tasks) that you were on before the app was closed. So if you were to close the app with the tasks view up, it should open up to that page when you start A+ Student Organizer back up. Let me know if this isn't working for you and we will figure out why.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast