Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Great to know that will be comming. When will the full version make it into the appstore? And will the week a/b update be while the app is still in preware, as im outside the usa and wont be able to get paid apps till march, but this app is a must have for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealLink View Post
    it's a really cool app, maybe you can write one with the eu grade system? grades from 1-6
    for test, homework and so on

but its on the right way
    Hm, don't different countries have different systems, i mean i know for a fact that we in england run a different system to the one you described.
  3.    #23  
    The paid app should be availible soon. I submitted it to palm on 12/22, but with the holidays haven't heard anything yet.

Also as soon as the next update is availible for the paid version, I will be sure to update the preware version as well to help those of you outside the US.

I am going to also see if precentral can't set up a separate forum for Forthought Labs, that way we will have a dedicated place for feature requests and the discussion of grading scales.
    Hello!
    I'm interested in helping translate the app to Spanish. I pm'd you with more info. Please reply if you're also interested in me helping.

gefv09
    Quote Originally Posted by KenCorbettJr View Post
    As far as the price, I wanted to keep it cheep because I know students don't usually have a whole lot of money, so I am listing the app for $2.99, which is cheaper than most pen and paper planners that many student carry.
    I cant say thank you enough! this app will be a must for me (and more than likely a lot of my fellow students). And I think 2.99 is a perfect price. Cheap enough to get a lot of users, but definitely worth the 3 bucks.

My personal philosophy on pricing:
    Reasonable price = more users. More users = more frequent updates. More frequent updates = better app. Better app = even more users.

Sadly, our app catalog is riddled with apps that should be free...but arent.

Also, one suggestion: At my school, different classes have different grading scales. It would be great to see an option for this implemented in the app.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Not sure if you have added this yet, but for some students it would be helpful to have the ability to track your absences/tardies for a particular class.
    Handspring Visor Deluxe, Platinum; Visor Phone, Palm Zire 72; Treo 270, 700p; Centro x2; Pixi, Pre
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by morningisbad View Post
    Also, one suggestion: At my school, different classes have different grading scales. It would be great to see an option for this implemented in the app.
    Actually, you are in luck, because this is already supported! It just takes a little setting up. To help make this feature a little clearer, I decided to write up a quick walkthrough over at forethought-labs.com which describes exactly how to set up a different grading scale for each of your classes. So if you have a moment go check it out!

Also, ttkk1, I like you idea to add the functionality to track tardies & absences, and I think I already know how I would work it into the app. I can't say when I will get to this, but thanks!

And for Gefv09, thank you for offering to help translate this app into Spanish! I've thought about how to go about getting this done, and the solution I came up with will be a Google docs spreadsheet. I will be listing all of the English strings in the spreadsheet. Once this is done, I will invite you, and anyone else who is interested in helping, to collaborate together to get the best translation we can.

This process of choosing the right words can be a tricky one, as one has to take into account space limitations, and really differentiate between words with subtle differences. For example course and class are two words which are often used interchangeably but in A+ Student Organizer a course is the broad subject, while a class is an individual block of time.
    This is right now my hands-down most anticipated app. I downloaded the trial, and LOVED it. I'm eagerly awaiting this hitting the App Catalogue, and will be DLing it as soon as I can!

I'm just hoping it will hit before my semester starts on 1/19! I'm taking 15 credit hours this semester, 3/4 of them Honours courses, and don't want to have to buy another pen and paper planner! SO much easer and more efficient to put it into my Pre.

Thank you so much for writing this app!

I'd love to see it integrate a recording function once the SDK/Palm supports it, to record lectures for each class!

~Kelly

"Two things are infinite: the universe, and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein
    Im so excited about this app! I used to use class tracker and my biggest complaint was that there was no real way to add extra credit assignments. My college grades on a scale of adding up your assignements. So for example (in total) 450pts would give you an A in the Class, 399 would be a B, 349 would be a C etc... So when I receive extra credit assignments it adds like 5pts without changing the overall grading scale from 450 to 455. (Sorry if that's confusing).
    Also I have regular semester classes and late start semester classes. Right now is the only way to add these seting up two spring semesters with different start and end dates and add the classes to each of them respectively?

I cannot wait to buy the full version, I will definitely purchase this. Like you said 2.99 is cheaper then an assignment pad and this will sound alarms when assignments are coming due! No more Procrastinating!
    Thank you so much for this app.
    I also would like to request some way of inputting online classes smoothly! Thank You!
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by The818studios View Post
    Also I have regular semester classes and late start semester classes. Right now is the only way to add these seting up two spring semesters with different start and end dates and add the classes to each of them respectively?
    You know, now that you mention it, I have heard of half semester classes before. I hadn't even thought about this until now, but it should be easy enough to support, i'll just add a section in the class details where you can set start and end dates which are different than the term start and end dates.

But until I get this worked into an upgrade your workaround should work just fine. And once the update comes you can just assign your half semester classes back to the primary semester.
    These guys kick major a**. I haven't been so excited for an app before. This is going to be great and I appreciate the quality you put into this.

You should edit the first page with what you plan to add in the future.
    have you heard anything from palm about an app store release date? im really hoping to get this soon so i can get everything ready for this semester
    Quote Originally Posted by KenCorbettJr View Post
    Actually, you are in luck, because this is already supported! It just takes a little setting up. To help make this feature a little clearer, I decided to write up a quick walkthrough over at forethought-labs.com which describes exactly how to set up a different grading scale for each of your classes. So if you have a moment go check it out!
    i think my only criticism is that that arrow looks a lot like a back arrow to the point where i completely disregarded it (due to the fact that all i need to do is a back gesture). I think it would be a really great idea to create different icons to use as opposed to arrows. Example: for my issue (setting grade scales) make a little "A+" button. Or if the other page was a due date picker, put a little calendar icon. Just something to show me what is on the next page. The arrows make sense to me now...but i think for someone just picking up the app of the app catalog, it would be very confusing.
  15.    #35  
    Yes, a little, the status has been updated to being reviewed, so I know palm is looking at it right now. Shouldn't be too much longer.

And I like your idea about custom buttons to get to the grading part of the course information, I will go ahead and work that in.
    Wow this is exciting I was looking for some student software to ease my transition from iPhone OS to Web OS. Now only if Docs To Go was out already , It's also awesome how you're working with the community to better your app. I wish you much success and will definitely be buying your app when I pick up my Pre+
    I am desperately looking for a way to organize lesson plans and the classes I teach. Have you thought about tweaking this for that sort of use?
  18.    #38  
    A little, but I don't want to leave this app half baked or spread myself too thin. Because there are more students than instructors (larger market base) and because I have direct experience as a student, but very little as an instructor, I chose to focus on the student side first.

That said, I think it would be awesome to build a app for instructors which would integrate with the A+ Student Organizer, something that would tie the two together, and make it easy for instructors to organize themselves and their lesson plans. And like you said, there are many parts of A+ Student Organizer which would only need to be just tweaked slightly in order for it to work well for instructors too.

I also think the possibilities for the synergy between a student & instructor version are just incredible. For example if both an instructor and a student both were using A+, when the student added the course they would automatically have the grading scale, assignments, tests, class times and such already entered for them. Along those same lines, if graded tests and assignments were automatically updated in the app that would be awesome too.

I am sure there are even more synergies that could be had by building an instructor version, so I definitely won't say never, but as far as when, I just don't know. Probably not in the near future.
    cool
    thanks for replying so quickly.

This is my second year teaching and since it's special ed, all my kids have different schedules depending on their homeroom teachers and so traditional lesson planners, etc don't work for me. Student apps tend to work a little better. I'm trying to find something for my pre that will help me keep track. Google calendar and the regular pre calendar are pretty helpful for keeping track of who/what/when but I'd just like to attach more robust notes to every day. most schools already have their own computerized grading systems so that's not a needed feature.

But I'm also taking courses and I like A+ for that.

Eventually, you might look at some of the palm grading applications out there. I downloaded a sample for a desktop/palm sync and for a single user, it would have been about $700! School markets are a cash cow, sadly.
    The ability to be able to link your professor's email to the class, maybe click the name of the instructor, opening an email? Just a suggestion. On a related note, it would be nice to be able to add an email address to a project grade, so you have your group member's names and emails available right there.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast