Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Fillups is a fuel mileage tracking program. I really like the layout of the program, better than the current alternatives. The program has the ability to export/import your fillup info to your google documents account. One of my favorite features, is that you can rotate your PRE or Pixi to the side and your fillups will be graphed.

I hope you enjoy the program, I dumped a TON of time into this project and due to personal reasons, I really will not be able to complete it. I will provide extremely limited support through the forums. If anyone wants to pick up development and is serious, contact me and I will consider this. Thanks
    My Programs: TipIt(TipCalc), FillUps
    I have entered one record and then exported to get the right format. However, no matter what I do, I cannot import data into the program. It just spins and spins. No errors, no import. I know you are not supporting it, but any ideas why this doesn't work?
    Thanks.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by remmysmom View Post
    I have entered one record and then exported to get the right format. However, no matter what I do, I cannot import data into the program. It just spins and spins. No errors, no import. I know you are not supporting it, but any ideas why this doesn't work?
    Thanks.
    odd...I have seen this on shaky data connections before. Usually I could fix it by swiping backwards, and then logging in again. When you login, does it even display all available spreadsheets, or is it not getting that far?

here is a sample spreadsheet by the way

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...zODFZMkE&hl=en
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    I have been using it for several months now. It does everything I want in a gas milage program. Plus the interface is very good.
    Great job.
    When I log into google docs, my spreadsheet is there. Looks just like the one you posted. (I had exported a transaction so that I would know the correct format). It finds the spreadsheet ok and then the wheel starts spinning. Says it is importing, but nothing is happening.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by remmysmom View Post
    When I log into google docs, my spreadsheet is there. Looks just like the one you posted. (I had exported a transaction so that I would know the correct format). It finds the spreadsheet ok and then the wheel starts spinning. Says it is importing, but nothing is happening.
    can you pm me a share link to your goog document? I am positive it is just spinning, because it found a typo or something and didn't know what to do with it. I didn't make it incredibly robust, because it's really intended to import documents it exported, which will always be right. But shoot me the link and I will try to spot it!
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Looks good! Stores alot more information than the one I currently use (particularly it stores all of the info I *WANT* the one I use to store) so I'm certainly switching. Import/Export is a HUGE plus. Only one small problem... it imports everything except location (even location it exported itself).

Pasting section as tab-separated direct from google docs. This section was exported and imported to a new vehicle without location coming back.

Code:
    Date	Vehicle	Odometer	Filled Up	Gallons	Cost/Gallon	Total Cost	station	location
    Sat May 02 2009 23:00:05	Trans Am	144521	full	12.519	2.199	27.529281	Shell - 91	HWY-38/SR-40
    Tue Apr 28 2009 21:30:06	Trans Am	144250	full	13.813	2.199	30.374787	Shell - 91	I-25/Goodman
    Interesting bug: Commas in station and location lead to interesting export problems as it seems to transmit as CSV without the commas encased in quotes (maybe more a google issue?). Did not even try importing commas, switched to hyphens, but I'll bet it wouldn't be pretty either.

Feature requests:
    1: Memo field
    2: Octane field
    3: Representation of octane on graph to visualize any gains/losses in mileage from running too high/low.

None critical.. can store the memos and octane in the station and location and those of us crazy enough to care about octane vs. mileage can always graph it in a spreadsheet. Program's GREAT as is (minus the minor bugs)

Awesome work! Thanks!
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TechSmurf View Post
    Looks good! Stores alot more information than the one I currently use (particularly it stores all of the info I *WANT* the one I use to store) so I'm certainly switching. Import/Export is a HUGE plus. Only one small problem... it imports everything except location (even location it exported itself).

Pasting section as tab-separated direct from google docs. This section was exported and imported to a new vehicle without location coming back.

Code:
    Date	Vehicle	Odometer	Filled Up	Gallons	Cost/Gallon	Total Cost	station	location
    Sat May 02 2009 23:00:05	Trans Am	144521	full	12.519	2.199	27.529281	Shell - 91	HWY-38/SR-40
    Tue Apr 28 2009 21:30:06	Trans Am	144250	full	13.813	2.199	30.374787	Shell - 91	I-25/Goodman
    Interesting bug: Commas in station and location lead to interesting export problems as it seems to transmit as CSV without the commas encased in quotes (maybe more a google issue?). Did not even try importing commas, switched to hyphens, but I'll bet it wouldn't be pretty either.

Feature requests:
    1: Memo field
    2: Octane field
    3: Representation of octane on graph to visualize any gains/losses in mileage from running too high/low.

None critical.. can store the memos and octane in the station and location and those of us crazy enough to care about octane vs. mileage can always graph it in a spreadsheet. Program's GREAT as is (minus the minor bugs)

Awesome work! Thanks!
    oh yes, commas in station and location would mess it up...this is something I never thought about. I will warn that location does export like you say, but does not import. It was a bug I was aware of before I had to stop working on this. I may pick this application up again next summer, but as for now, due to personal reasons, I will not be doing any major development. However, if I ever do pick it back up, I will certainly consider your suggestions. After you get a few fillups in under your belt, rotate your WebOS device to the side, and you should see a graph of the fillup info.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Since Fillups is not being supported you might consider trying Fuel in the App catalog. Currently Free and seems to have taken off where Fillups left off. Some complaints so far but nothing serious.
    Hey adma84 this app is still great I still use it, started as one of your beta testers. I like the new feature of when you tilt it the summary is given. I hope everything works out for you in the personal area. Personal note Prayer works!
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    1.Does this app only deal with gallons or litres as well? Here in the UK our fuel pumps measure fuel in litres.

2. Do you have to manually input your MPG at every refuel interval? I am just thinking for those who's car's TRIP computer doesn't display current MPG. Therefore the user would only be able to enter how many litres they put in and how many miles they travelled since that fill up.

If it can handle litres AND other currencies (e.g. GBP/) this app can really take off!
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by c_man View Post
    1.Does this app only deal with gallons or litres as well? Here in the UK our fuel pumps measure fuel in litres.

2. Do you have to manually input your MPG at every refuel interval? I am just thinking for those who's car's TRIP computer doesn't display current MPG. Therefore the user would only be able to enter how many litres they put in and how many miles they travelled since that fill up.

If it can handle litres AND other currencies (e.g. GBP/) this app can really take off!
    My goal was to have it localize automatically (litres/gallons/etc...) for the fuel. It doesn't do it now. I believe the currency localizes correctly though.

No, you just enter gallons, price per gallon, and mileage, and it does the rest
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adma84 View Post
    My goal was to have it localize automatically (litres/gallons/etc...) for the fuel. It doesn't do it now. I believe the currency localizes correctly though.

No, you just enter gallons, price per gallon, and mileage, and it does the rest
    Thanks for the reply.

Just to clarify...at the moment, if I wanted to use to use the app, I'd have to manually convert my litres to gallons first, right?
    If so, can you envisage a future release that can handle litres?
    If not, I will be downloading this ASAP

Eitherway, very polished looking app, kudos to you for the work
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by c_man View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

Just to clarify...at the moment, if I wanted to use to use the app, I'd have to manually convert my litres to gallons first, right?
    If so, can you envisage a future release that can handle litres?
    If not, I will be downloading this ASAP

Eitherway, very polished looking app, kudos to you for the work
    well, you just put in your litre amount, and realize the unit is wrong...

ie if you put in 5.023 litres, my app will say you put in 5.023 gallons, but YOU know it's really litres...no conversion required...you will just be a little annoyed that it says gallons...thats all.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adma84 View Post
    well, you just put in your litre amount, and realize the unit is wrong...

ie if you put in 5.023 litres, my app will say you put in 5.023 gallons, but YOU know it's really litres...no conversion required...you will just be a little annoyed that it says gallons...thats all.
    Okay, here's the strange thing. Whilst our fuel pumps measure output in litres, all car fuel economy figures are still expressed as MPG, Miles per Gallon ...and not Miles per Litre. Plus, I think in the States you use the 'metric gallon' whilst here in the UK we use the 'imperial gallon'.

For example: MPG calculator UK miles per Gallon - calculate MPG

Apologies if this is stuff you already know!!