Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Last edited by kayahr; 02/14/2010 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Renamed app
    Awesome! I have been waiting for an Asteroids game!
    Great work. Can't wait to see what the final product looks like. Initially, I was worried about having a difficult time controlling the ship using the keyboard, due to the keyboard's size. I was wrong. The controls are excellent.
    Nice Graphics. Are you using the Canvas for this ? I'am developing (or trying to do) and find the Canvas really fast enough for some nice 2D-Games, if you are using DrawImage at most in a well timed gameloop.
    Your game would be nice with Acclerometer support. If you need some code for this (not really complicated) write here. I send you a code snippet on demand.
    Nice work
    thanks a lot for this awesome and funny game.
    just one little question though: could you probably add a 'break'-button?

thanks either way for this awesome game!
    Cool game how do you stop the ship? Maybe adding brake or front rockets to slow it down.
    Terrific job!
    Love it so far! Add hyperspace and some flying saucers, along with sound, and it'll be even better! Thank you!
    Wow! Fantastic graphics and physics!!!! Even the little details like having a quick reverse thrust after a burn. Great job! Can't wait for sound!

Unfortunately, I am one of those people who have a horrible time with using the keyboard on games. GOD I wish Palm had put a 5way nav instead of that stupid, mostly useless "center" button.
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Cool game how do you stop the ship? Maybe adding brake or front rockets to slow it down.
    It is exactly like the original Asteroids. There are no brakes. To slow down, you have to turn around and apply forward thrust.
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Cool game how do you stop the ship?
    Rotate the ship and use the main thruster to brake.

Maybe adding brake or front rockets to slow it down.
    That would no longer be "Asteroids"-like. But because steering the ship on this tiny keyboard is more difficult then on the old game console or on a PC I already thought about it in form of "difficulty levels":

* Easy: The ship automatically uses maneuvering thrusters to stop the ship (Similar to the maneuvering thruster which is already implemented to stop rotation).

* Normal: Classic game play as it is implemented now.

* Hard: No automatic usage of maneuvering thrusters at all. So even the spin must be stopped manually.

What do you think about it?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by simossoft View Post
    Nice Graphics. Are you using the Canvas for this ? I'am developing (or trying to do) and find the Canvas really fast enough for some nice 2D-Games, if you are using DrawImage at most in a well timed gameloop.
    Yes, it's Canvas. The speed is "ok" I would say. I heard that it is not hardware-accelerated, so it's amazing that it is that fast WITHOUT acceleration. But unfortunatly it is buggy as hell. The transformations are messed up completely. Seems to be impossible to use the translate() and rotate() methods together. But that was not important for me because I do all the transformations myself. More of a concern was a bug with strokes. If you plan to write a game which draws many lines in Canvas, then forget it. It will freeze the game and even crash Luna sometimes. Because of that I had to use polygons for the laser shots and the explosion particles.

Your game would be nice with Acclerometer support. If you need some code for this (not really complicated) write here. I send you a code snippet on demand.
    An "IDEA" how you would control such a game with the accelerometer is more interesting then the actual code. Maybe you can explain your vision?
    nice work and *twothumbsup* !!!

i am anxious for future versions.
    For an alpha version, it ROCKS! Nice job!
    lol thought it was a baseball game from the title... PreSTEROIDS...
    Boring? This is the best game that has come to web OS. I did not see a place to donate but please keep up the good work.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    I'm looking forward to DL'ing one of my favorite games! Any chance of allowing the user to define the control keys in a future release? ie... spacebar to fire,

Thanks!

Update: I like it, I like it a lot!! The steering is akward for me, personally I prefer keys on each side of the keypad for steering such a A & L (or the back arrow) and "T" for thrust, and spacebar for firing, which I see is there! :-) So sounds, alien spaceships and hyperspace and it'd be anexact replica!

Thanks again!
    Last edited by DavidJ; 12/29/2009 at 01:27 PM.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidJ View Post
    I'm looking forward to DL'ing one of my favorite games! Any chance of allowing the user to define the control keys in a future release? ie... spacebar to fire,
    Thanks!
    Yes, I'm planning to do that.
    Excellent game...now we just need the classic Galaga for the Pre!!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast