Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    i have downlaoded the weather now app a few times and every time that i try to open it it tell me that google is now running, to go to google and agree to the terms. can anyone help with this? thanks
  2.    #142  
    Quote Originally Posted by trinidon2k View Post
    why do you hate me?
    Because you don't give me enough information to help you. Are you running the latest version (0.0.6)? Tap the message to open the card view, pull down the menu and select Help, then click on the "Email Support" button.

Quote Originally Posted by rute4ut22 View Post
    i have downlaoded the weather now app a few times and every time that i try to open it it tell me that google is now running, to go to google and agree to the terms. can anyone help with this? thanks
    That's the most information that can fit on the small dashboard. If you're running v0.0.6, you can tap on the message to get a more detailed explanation. It will tell you how to enable Google Services. You must have Google Services enabled and accept the Terms of Use in order to use the GPS location feature of WeatherNow. If you don't want to do that, override your location in the Preferences page.
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

this probably has nothing to do with it, but after I installed webOS 1.3.5.1 it started working...lol. (i'm using 0.0.6 btw)

is there a way we can see the windchill temperature? Where i'm at now, the real temp is in the low 20s but the windchill is in the low single digits
    i don't mind at all to run the google services but when i tap on the message to get more information it jsut goes away. i haven't updated my phone to the 1.3.5.1 yet so maybe that will help. i am new to the palm phones and i love it but i am still learning. where woudl i go to enable google services? again thanks for the help.
  5.    #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by trinidon2k View Post
    is there a way we can see the windchill temperature?
    I can probably add that to the next version. It will require a calculation because it's not provided in the Google feed.

Quote Originally Posted by rute4ut22 View Post
    i don't mind at all to run the google services but when i tap on the message to get more information it jsut goes away. i haven't updated my phone to the 1.3.5.1 yet so maybe that will help. i am new to the palm phones and i love it but i am still learning. where woudl i go to enable google services? again thanks for the help.
    I don't think 1.3.5.1 should make any difference. To enable Google Services, see the note in the OP. I just added it because a lot of people seem to be having these problems. You're not alone.
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

Quote Originally Posted by monkeydog View Post
    Just published v0.0.6. Not a lot of changes in functionality, but the errors are now handled much more smoothly and webOS-like using dashboard messages instead of popups. You can tap an error message to get a more detailed description.
    I actually came here to suggest exactly this. I thought I was going to be annoyed by the app but much to my surprise I really like it. I've been irritated since day 1 that there is no way to get readily available weather data. The whole idea of the phone is supposed to be live data, but every weather app out there had to be manually refreshed.

I am still waiting for someone to write a patch to put the weather in the device menu or replace the carrier string. But this app provides a great alternative.

Thanks!
    First, let me say the app runs great. The data source (Google), however, is futzed beyond belief. Right now, it is 28F outside, and weather.com, accuweather, and weatherbug all report 27-29F. Google is reporting 48F for the last 7 hours. It returns the correct area, just the data is stuck. On your main screen, it reports that the last update was at 5:36pm, and each time i check, the next update time listed is about 15 mins from now. i've manually checked google, and it reports the same info. It's not the app, its the source. A few degrees is one thing, but 20? it seems that google info for our area (southeast Texas, Houston-Conroe) is stuck at whatever it was at 5:36pm.
    app runs great on my german pre.but since today i have the problem,that the weather icon disappeared.everything is fine,just the icon has gone.reinstalled the app,no success.

thanx
    I just don't get how this is better than the accuweather app... It takes .5 more seconds to get to that and it doesn't constantly use battery
    Thanks for adding the note about how to properly enable Location Services. Working like a charm now!
    Quote Originally Posted by rboyd11310 View Post
    First, let me say the app runs great. The data source (Google), however, is futzed beyond belief. Right now, it is 28F outside, and weather.com, accuweather, and weatherbug all report 27-29F. Google is reporting 48F for the last 7 hours. It returns the correct area, just the data is stuck. On your main screen, it reports that the last update was at 5:36pm, and each time i check, the next update time listed is about 15 mins from now. i've manually checked google, and it reports the same info. It's not the app, its the source. A few degrees is one thing, but 20? it seems that google info for our area (southeast Texas, Houston-Conroe) is stuck at whatever it was at 5:36pm.
    Oh, wow. Google finally updated in the last 20 mins. 15+ hours since the last update. I would def consider finding another data source.
  12.    #152  
    Quote Originally Posted by rboyd11310 View Post
    Oh, wow. Google finally updated in the last 20 mins. 15+ hours since the last update. I would def consider finding another data source.
    Still not working for me and some others. Good to know they're starting to fix it.

As for data sources, I've been using Google for a couple months and this is the first time I've seen something like this. I expect it's a temporary problem. You'd be surprised how restrictive other data providers are. If I end up charging for this app it would be considered commercial use, and that would exclude me from using some sources entirely and require me to pay for others. I'm not sure what sort of price structure I'd have to adopt to offset those costs. For now, free = good.

Great app and the updates are making it better. I don't see a real hit with the battery as others have posted. Seems to be working fine on my end and in my location. Thanks again for this app!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  14.    #154  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Great app and the updates are making it better. I don't see a real hit with the battery as others have posted. Seems to be working fine on my end and in my location. Thanks again for this app!
    Based on your signature I think I'm using quite a few of your patches, so thanks to you too.

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Still not working for me and some others. Good to know they're starting to fix it.
    Not working for me, Google displays 22 degrees, WeatherNow still displays 17 degrees since yesterday in Kansas City, MO
    Follow me on Twitter: @jjshore
  16.    #156  
    Quote Originally Posted by JayKC View Post
    Not working for me, Google displays 22 degrees, WeatherNow still displays 17 degrees since yesterday in Kansas City, MO
    Add your city, state and zip to the end of the following the URL, I bet they're still not updating for your location:

http://www.google.com/ig/api?weather=

You can tell by looking at the current_date_time line near the top. If it says "2010-01-05 23:36:23 +0000", they're still not updating it.

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Add your city, state and zip to the end of the following the URL, I bet they're still not updating for your location:

http://www.google.com/ig/api?weather=

You can tell by looking at the current_date_time line near the top. If it says "2010-01-05 23:36:23 +0000", they're still not updating it.
    What format at the end of the URL? Kansas City, Missouri 64117
  18.    #158  
    What format at the end of the URL? Kansas City, Missouri 64117
    It's pretty flexible, but if you want to use the exact URL that WeatherNow uses, go to the help page and append the Location field to the end of the URL.

It started working for a while in my area but now it's back to yesterday's data.

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    It's pretty flexible, but if you want to use the exact URL that WeatherNow uses, go to the help page and append the Location field to the end of the URL.

It started working for a while in my area but now it's back to yesterday's data.
    When clicking on the URL it loads a blank page. I tried adding kansascitymissouri64117 to the end with no luck. How do I get to the help page?

Sorry if I am missing something obvious here...
  20.    #160  
    When clicking on the URL it loads a blank page. I tried adding kansascitymissouri64117 to the end with no luck. How do I get to the help page?

Sorry if I am missing something obvious here...
    Try this one: http://www.google.com/ig/api?weather... MO 64117 ;USA. I'm guessing that's what the app is using.

To get to the help page, tap the dashboard notification to open the card, then pull down the menu and select Help.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast