Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Great app and thanks for the modifications and listening to everyone's suggestions. When you added the ability to select the update frequency you removed the ability to receive updates when conditions changed. Anyway to add that option back in as one of the update frequency choices? Thanks.
  2.    #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by JayKC View Post
    Hmmm... My icon doesn't seem to change when minimized. But it shows correctly in the launcher.
    I think I spoke too soon, because there doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to which icon it uses when it's minimized. Sometimes it works for me and sometimes it doesn't. It doesn't seem to be completely random, but I haven't quite figured out the pattern. This feature uses an undocumented API for, so there's not much I can do with it at the moment.
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

3.    #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by HTVaquero View Post
    how do i turn google services on?
    Go to the "Location Services" app, pull down the menu, select "Locate me Using..." and make sure both GPS and "Google Services" are checked. If you get prompted to accept terms and conditions, please do so.

Quote Originally Posted by allygatt View Post
    What happens after the expiration date?
    The app will not run. It won't delete itself or do anything evil, it just won't run. This forces people to upgrade to the latest version. Also, I'm reserving the right to eventually put this in the App Catalog, so I don't want the unofficial version sitting out there forever. As long as I'm still developing I will continue to push that date back.

Quote Originally Posted by y2kadir View Post
    is there any possibility to run this app from germany??
    The next version will hopefully work better for you, but it will still depend on Google's ability to get a reverse location for your GPS coordinates, and it's ability to translate that into a weather report.
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

4.    #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by limoman View Post
    When you added the ability to select the update frequency you removed the ability to receive updates when conditions changed.
    No I didn't. It will run as often as you tell it, get the weather, and compare the new temperature and conditions to the previous ones. If they have changed, it will send a banner notification, if they haven't it will leave you alone. Previously the frequency was set to 15 minutes, now it's configurable. If you feel like you aren't getting updates, perhaps the conditions aren't changing or the frequency is set high enough that it doesn't seem like it's doing anything.

5.    #105  
    Version 0.0.5 has been submitted. It may take a little while for PreCentral to approve it and post it. Here are the changes:

• Added the ability to set your location manually and skip the GPS and reverse location lookup. This takes a little more effort on the part of the user, but runs faster, uses less battery, doesn't rely on location services, and allows those for whom Google's location services isn't returning the valid data to still get their weather.
    • Added country to weather lookup to support users outside of the U.S
    • Converts wind speed to meters per second for metric users
    • Added high and low temperature forecast to the card view
    • Added a popup message when Google returns an invalid address (still not ideal, but less ambiguous when errors occur)
    • Fixed the way the icon looks in universal search
    • Simplified the way alarms are set (15 minutes means 15 minutes, it no longer adjusts that based on the age of the weather data)
    • Minor code improvements

How do I set my location manually?

Quote Originally Posted by monkeydog View Post
    Version 0.0.5 has been submitted. It may take a little while for PreCentral to approve it and post it. Here are the changes:

• Added the ability to set your location manually and skip the GPS and reverse location lookup. This takes a little more effort on the part of the user, but runs faster, uses less battery, doesn't rely on location services, and allows those for whom Google's location services isn't returning the valid data to still get their weather.
    • Added country to weather lookup to support users outside of the U.S
    • Converts wind speed to meters per second for metric users
    • Added high and low temperature forecast to the card view
    • Added a popup message when Google returns an invalid address (still not ideal, but less ambiguous when errors occur)
    • Fixed the way the icon looks in universal search
    • Simplified the way alarms are set (15 minutes means 15 minutes, it no longer adjusts that based on the age of the weather data)
    • Minor code improvements
  7.    #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by ihm9497 View Post
    How do I set my location manually?
    To change any settings, tap on the dasboard panel or banner notification. That will open the card view. From there, pull down the menu and select Preferences. To set the location, enter a search value (zip code, city and state, or whatever) in the location field.

Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    No I didn't. It will run as often as you tell it, get the weather, and compare the new temperature and conditions to the previous ones. If they have changed, it will send a banner notification, if they haven't it will leave you alone. Previously the frequency was set to 15 minutes, now it's configurable. If you feel like you aren't getting updates, perhaps the conditions aren't changing or the frequency is set high enough that it doesn't seem like it's doing anything.
    Sorry. I just assumed that because it was not a choice on the update frequency list that it was no longer working that way. Thanks.
    Monkeydog this works great now! It gets an instant update and the banner flashes at the bottom. Thanks!
    Pre central says you updated to .05 but the ipk is still labeled as .04.
    I do not see the "location" field anywhere, and I just redownloaded and installed the latest Weatherman in Preware. What am I doing wrong?
    To change any settings, tap on the dasboard panel or banner notification. That will open the card view. From there, pull down the menu and select Preferences. To set the location, enter a search value (zip code, city and state, or whatever) in the location field.
    The version in precentral is still .04.

@Monkeydog maybe you should send them the .05 file again it usually uploads quickly once it has been posted the first time.
  13.    #113  
    Try it now. Not sure what happened.

5 stars app

For non english metrics users the wind is not in m/s. it should be km/h.

thanx
  15.    #115  
    5 stars app

thanx

Hmm... so who's right, you or frause?

Thanks!!! It's working great now!
    Try it now. Not sure what happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by ihm9497 View Post
    I do not see the "location" field anywhere, and I just redownloaded and installed the latest Weatherman in Preware. What am I doing wrong?
    The App is called weathernow not weatherman. im thinking that could be your problem.
    My HTC Evo Is Great...
    How the heck do you close this and prevent it from running?

I use an airave at my house, and live in Florida. It reports my temps as being in Atlanta (due to airave)

I want to be able to shut it off completely when at home and save the notifications and such since they aren't accurate here.
    Last edited by jandar; 01/02/2010 at 05:22 PM.
    5 stars app

thanx
    I have to agree. I've lived for 18 years in South America and wind is always measure as km/h. Just like when you drive a car speed is measure in km/h.

Awesome app!
    Quote Originally Posted by jandar View Post
    How the heck do you close this and prevent it from running?

I use an airave at my house, and live in Florida. It reports my temps as being in Atlanta (due to airave)

I want to be able to shut it off completely when at home and save the notifications and such since they aren't accurate here.
    I have an airrave and it shows the correct location you have to go into preferences and uncheck the use gps to get an accurate reading.