Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by spare View Post
    Exactly how I feel. Hoping for more programs like this. I don't want to open an app for a quick check of the weather (or similar quick info) cause I always forget. Hit me a notification and I'll always be reminded.

Hoping for a zip code entry field. I have my gps off to save battery and weathernow seems to ask me to allow location service every time it updates. I've added my rating.
    I will probably have to add something like that (the zip code field). Although I prefer to let the device do all the work automagically, that would be a workaround for people getting weird results from Google's location service. The battery save would be a nice bonus.
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by meir602 View Post
    I live in Cincinnati OH (45237) and it never gets past getting location and weather. Interestingly, when I click on google from that screen it will go to the weather for cincinnati.
    You found a bug! You're seeing the weather for Cincinnati I believe because Google has a browser cookie containing your location info. Perhaps you're logged in to Google and have provided that in the past. The app is not populating that field the way it is supposed to. (If you traveled to another city that link would still show Cincinnati weather.) I'll fix that in the next release.

As to why it's not working, some users are getting invalid results from Google's reverse location service, that Google's weather service does not recognize. I'm still puzzling over how to work around that issue.
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

Quote Originally Posted by Typo Lad View Post
    I've downloaded, but it keeps "refreshing" and gives no information just yet.
    Looks like a neat app. but I'm having the same problem, tried refreshing to no avail. I'll try it again later.
    @ monkeydog

Based on your comment above - moving / traveling to another city.

I did install you application yesterday (12/30) at home. I live in Springboro, Oh (45066) and the app was not able to sync with Google Weather.

Now, I am at work Dayton, Oh (45479) and you app was able to sync with Google Weather and it is showing current conditions.

So, I guess there is something happening with the way the refresh or sync is happening between localization services (Google) and your app. I know that you are fully aware about and hopefully it will be fixed really soon. But, I just want to let you know that it will depend on the city that you are located to actually have the app working.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Zip code field would be nice for those of us who don't travel out of our zip code much, I usually had my gps off in the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by levi4u View Post
    zip code field would be nice for those of us who don't travel out of our zip code much, i usually had my gps off in the past.
    +1
    nice job with this. love the app! Trying to donate right now, thanks!
    I would LOVE the feature to have it tell me the high and low for the day at a particular time of the day. The time of day would be entered in by the user.

Like have it prompt me at 8am of the high and low and the details of the weather for the day. This way it is automatic and I don't have to open an app to get the weather details.
    Is there any chance of being able to add a patch so that you can either have it in C or F
  10.    #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by titanyium View Post
    Is there any chance of being able to add a patch so that you can either have it in C or F
    That's possible now. Tap the dashboard or a banner notification to open the card view, then pull down the menu and select preferences.

11.    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrognome View Post
    I would LOVE the feature to have it tell me the high and low for the day at a particular time of the day. The time of day would be entered in by the user.

Like have it prompt me at 8am of the high and low and the details of the weather for the day. This way it is automatic and I don't have to open an app to get the weather details.
    To get the weather at a certain time every day, set the update frequency to daily, then run the app at the time you want the information. It will run again every day at that time.

The high and low sort of violate the Now is WeatherNow, so I don't want to stray too far from current conditions, but I can add them to the card view.

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Great app, I gave it 5 stars for the excellent use of webOS notifications!

Does the app currently run after you've restarted your phone? For a set it and forget it type of app, I think this would be huge.

Thanks for the great work!
    Follow me on Twitter: @jjshore
  13.    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by JayKC View Post
    Does the app currently run after you've restarted your phone?
    Yes.

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Gave it a 5 stars....I am a morning walker and runner, need to know the weather before I start my day. Great to have right there and not to go the launcher each time to open it up.
    Thanks....
    Love this app. Please find someone who can patch it into the top bar slide down menu.
    Thank me if I helped you.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeydog View Post
    I'm pleased to report the app still works under WebOS 1.3.5. In fact, it works a little better. Now the icon in the minimized dashboard matches the one for the application, which gets customized based on your local conditions. That means it's even easier to see your conditions when the app is minimized.
    Hmmm... My icon doesn't seem to change when minimized. But it shows correctly in the launcher.
    I would love this to be a patch. In all honesty. This would be great if it was just built in instead of having to reopen if i restart luna or the reboot everything. I'd rather not have to deal with an "ap" but more of an utility.

also I would also like to have a wifi enabled ability/option. So instead of trying the GPS and whatever else it does. I would much rather just type in the place on earth i am and then it should receive info from the cloud and feed it to me thusly.

Reason for this is that i stay in a basementish area. And i just downloaded the ap and it doesn't seem to work because i have no reception. It may also have to do with living in canada...
    Last edited by F3ZIE; 01/01/2010 at 05:08 PM.
    I keep getting "Error running WeatherNow!
    Please turn on Google Services and accept the terms of use.

what's up with that? how do i turn google services on? (sorry, 3 day PRE owner)

any advice/suggestion welcome!
    Thanks for this app. I really like it. What happens after the expiration date? Also...just an FYI to some....if you have an airave you'll probly get some weird results...I get NJ when I'm in NY, but that's the only thing that doesn't work right for me...
    is there any possibility to run this app from germany??

it does only say updating...all the time...

thx
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast