Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    I get the following errors:

Code:
    messages:2009-12-29T21:55:45.145996Z [13997] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: org.munson.weathernow: Error: Found GPS coordinates ( 29.706944444444446 , -95.40472222222222 ), file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.munson.weathernow/index.html:0
    messages:2009-12-29T21:55:45.214813Z [13997] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: org.munson.weathernow: Error: FAILED TO GET REVERSE LOCATION, file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.munson.weathernow/index.html:0
    This was very helpful. Thank you. I deleted all but the relevant lines in my quoted text above. What you're seeing is a Google Maps error. It got your GPS coordinates successfully but failed to convert those into a city/state/zip (Houston, we have a problem ). The app uses the Google API to do that. In order for it to work, you must have the Google Service turned on and must have accepted the terms of use. Please run the "Location Services" app, pull down the menu, select "Locate Me Using...", and make sure both GPS and Google Services are checked. Let me know if that doesn't solve the problem.

I will add code to handle this error better.
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeydog View Post
    This was very helpful. Thank you. I deleted all but the relevant lines in my quoted text above. What you're seeing is a Google Maps error. It got your GPS coordinates successfully but failed to convert those into a city/state/zip (Houston, we have a problem ). The app uses the Google API to do that. In order for it to work, you must have the Google Service turned on and must have accepted the terms of use. Please run the "Location Services" app, pull down the menu, select "Locate Me Using...", and make sure both GPS and Google Services are checked. Let me know if that doesn't solve the problem.

I will add code to handle this error better.
    Bingo! Thanks! I must have forgotten to select that when I dr'd my phone some weeks back.
    It would be nice to have this on the lockscreen.
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeydog View Post
    You mean the wallpaper? If so, check out WeatherMan in the App Catalog.
    thats close but I like a more colorful background.. maybe i need to customize the background
    Thanks although both Google and GPS were checked in the "Locate me using..." menu, I unchecked and rechecked them and opened WeatherNow and it instantly worked. Looking forward to updates....

It would be nice if the notification could pop-up at a user defined interval i.e. every 1 or 2 hours. This would clutter up the notification area less and also probably use less battery power?
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Listen to you guys, requesting dynamic wallpapers 'n stuff. At this rate you think you'd be asking for a wallpaper consisting of streaming video of the nearest available public webcam so you could see in realtime what the weather actually looks like.

Hey, that would be pretty cool, wouldn't it.
    I am having significant battery drain since adding this but otherwise I think its great!
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by phillysdon04 View Post
    It would be nice to have this on the lockscreen.
    You can set "Show When Locked" under "Notifications" in the "Screen & Lock" application to make your WeatherNow dashboard (along with any other dashboards) display on your lock screen.
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by chizler View Post
    Thanks although both Google and GPS were checked in the "Locate me using..." menu, I unchecked and rechecked them and opened WeatherNow and it instantly worked. Looking forward to updates....

It would be nice if the notification could pop-up at a user defined interval i.e. every 1 or 2 hours. This would clutter up the notification area less and also probably use less battery power?
    A new version is coming soon that will handle errors better and allow for configurable update frequency.

Any way to set your location manually, in case the Pre's location services aren't correct?

(I keep getting the weather for Houston, TX instead of Oklahoma City today, but Google Maps shows me in Houston also - so the problem is obviously the Location services.)
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Any way to set your location manually, in case the Pre's location services aren't correct?

(I keep getting the weather for Houston, TX instead of Oklahoma City today, but Google Maps shows me in Houston also - so the problem is obviously the Location services.)
    That's pretty bizarre. No, there's currently no way to set your location manually. I'm considering that for a future release, but haven't decided. WeatherNow makes a call to location services to get a GPS fix. It's currently set to low accuracy and uses a cached location if it exists for better response time and less CPU. I could modify that, but if Google Maps is also reporting it wrong I don't think it would help.

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Think I'll have to give this a try....
    Okay where is google services located?
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Okay where is google services located?
    Run the "Location Services" app, pull down the menu, and select "Locate Me Using...". Make sure both are checked.

Just found it thanks! Still getting the refreshing screen and I am running .04
    Will you be making your icon standard like the other icons. I believe it is 64*64
  17.    #57  
    Version 0.0.4 has been submitted. Watch for it to appear on PreCentral soon.

Features include:
    • Better error handling (no longer appears to hang when GPS is disabled)
    • Configurable update frequencies to save battery
    • Ability to report in Fahrenheit or Celsius
    • Ability to run in the background even after the dashboard has been closed
    • Ability to suppress wind and humidity on banners and dashboard

I am running your latest version but I still can't get it to connect.
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Will you be making your icon standard like the other icons. I believe it is 64*64
    I use bigger icons because I also display them on the card view and I want a larger graphic on that screen. They get resized as needed. I'm not aware of any problems with doing this. Are you experiencing something?

WHen you do universal search for you app the icon doesn't display right.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast