Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    I agree that I'd love it to keep running with the card closed and having swiped it away.

I'd love though if instead of "Weather in <town>" that it just said the town name and gave the day's high/low on that line... And then of course showed the high nd low in the actual app as well. And while I love the notification, it might be nice to have more detailed info open when you view the app.

Otherwise though, this is the first weather application (and I've tried them all) that I like.

Can't wait to see how this app continues to develop though.
    I too am having the "Getting location and weather" issue...been there for about 20 minutes...no update...

Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxDreamFunding View Post
    I too am having the "Getting location and weather" issue...been there for about 20 minutes...no update...

Any ideas?
    Me too. I've tried refreshing, but to no avail.
    We can not control the direction of the wind. However, we can adjust our sail.

Any ideas?
    I assume Google Maps or whatever is able to find your position?
  5.    #25  

Any ideas?
    Do you have location services turned on? Can you use Google Maps on your phone to find your location? Can you go into terminal mode and type "grep weathernow /var/log/messages > /media/internal/grep.txt" and send the grep.txt file to weathernow@munson.org? (I realize I need a better way of displaying errors.)
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Same thing for me, has been refreshing all night for last 4 hours or so...
    no update for me on my german pre
    This is very well implemented. Please could you include an option to display Celcius as I really don't understand Farenheit

Also would it be possible to give us the option to display/hide wind info?

thanks!
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    My vote would be for running in the background (no card open) with the dashboard receiving notification a predetermined intervals. If WeatherNow needs to be turned off, it's not troublesome to go into the app to toggle it off.
    +1
  10.    #30  
    For everyone having problems, could you please see post #25 and answer some of those questions for me? I can't help you much otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by hollibs View Post
    no update for me on my german pre
    I definitely have not tested this outside of the US, so it doesn't surprise me that it might not work. I'll update the OP. If you can tell me what's going on (see above) I'll see what I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    This is very well implemented. Please could you include an option to display Celcius as I really don't understand Farenheit

Also would it be possible to give us the option to display/hide wind info?

thanks!
    I am working on a Celsius/Fahrenheit option, along with a run in the background option. I'll add display/hide to the list as well.

Thanks for your patience, everyone. I'm just one guy working on this in his spare time.
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeydog View Post
    Screenshot 1 shows a banner notification. Screenshot 2 shows a dashboard notification. I think what you're seeing is the minimized dashboard icon after the banner notification has gone away. The first screenshot will only appear for 3 seconds, then be replaced by the gray circle icon....
    I'm pleased to report the app still works under WebOS 1.3.5. In fact, it works a little better. Now the icon in the minimized dashboard matches the one for the application, which gets customized based on your local conditions. That means it's even easier to see your conditions when the app is minimized.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's a handy perk
    By "refreshing" do you mean it is stuck on "Getting location and weather... please wait"? The app uses an undocumented/unsupported API from Google to get the weather and occasionally it returns null for unknown reasons. In that case, the app sets a retry timer for 5 minutes and tries again. It's possible you'll get the data in the next couple minutes. If you'd rather not wait, you can relaunch it from the App Launcher or tap the dashboard to open a card and click the "Refresh Now" button.
    I did that. No dice.
    Ok I have a fancy idea something that might not work...

Could you make the app change the background? So if it's a sunny day the background is sunny. If it's cloudy it shows a white cloudy picture. If there is a chance of storms make it's liek the background you have there.. so on and so forth?

I know i could look outside and see but i'm in a building with NO windows
    Hi

Thanks for the app. No luck unfortunately in getting location for me. Would it not be easier to be able to set your preferred location instead of using location services?

I'm guessing that this would have a positive impact on battery as you wouldn't have to use location services
    Yeah I have installed and reinstalled and it won't get the location for me either...
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    Ok I have a fancy idea something that might not work...

Could you make the app change the background? So if it's a sunny day the background is sunny. If it's cloudy it shows a white cloudy picture. If there is a chance of storms make it's liek the background you have there.. so on and so forth?

I know i could look outside and see but i'm in a building with NO windows
    You mean the wallpaper? If so, check out WeatherMan in the App Catalog.

18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtn View Post
    Hi

Thanks for the app. No luck unfortunately in getting location for me. Would it not be easier to be able to set your preferred location instead of using location services?

I'm guessing that this would have a positive impact on battery as you wouldn't have to use location services
    I sort of like the idea of the app always knowing where you are and what the weather is, that way the information is always pertinent, but you're right about the battery impact. I'll look into it.

Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    I get the following errors:

Code:
    messages:2009-12-29T21:55:40.625396Z [13993] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: org.munson.weathernow: Error: sending event 'mojo-event-activate' targeting element 'DIV#mojo-scene-dashboard' , file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.munson.weathernow/index.html:0
    messages:2009-12-29T21:55:40.666473Z [13993] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: org.munson.weathernow: Error: Transition ended., file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.munson.weathernow/index.html:0
    messages:2009-12-29T21:55:40.672698Z [13993] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: org.munson.weathernow: Error: sending event 'mojo-event-deactivate' targeting element 'undefined#<no id>' , file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.munson.weathernow/index.html:0
    messages:2009-12-29T21:55:40.675781Z [13993] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: org.munson.weathernow: Error: sending event 'mojo-stage-deactivate' targeting element 'DIV#mojo-scene-dashboard' , file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.munson.weathernow/index.html:0
    messages:2009-12-29T21:55:40.695556Z [13993] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: org.munson.weathernow: Error: scene 'dashboard': layouts: 6: total: 240ms (1), render: 35ms (2), setup: 51ms (1), widgetInitialize: 25ms (2), widgetAssistantConstructor: 1ms (2), Scroller#widgetAssistantSetup: 11ms (1), assistantSetup: 2ms (1), widgetTotal: 0ms (1), _Menu#widgetAssistantSetup: 3ms (1), aboutToActivate: 10ms (1), aboutToActivateLatency: 1ms (1), activate: 24ms (1), file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.munson.weathernow/index.html:0
    messages:2009-12-29T21:55:45.029693Z [13997] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: org.munson.weathernow: Error: sending event 'mojo-event-deactivate' targeting element 'undefined#<no id>' , file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.munson.weathernow/index.html:0
    messages:2009-12-29T21:55:45.037139Z [13997] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: org.munson.weathernow: Error: sending event 'mojo-stage-deactivate' targeting element 'DIV#mojo-scene-dashboard' , file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.munson.weathernow/index.html:0
    messages:2009-12-29T21:55:45.145996Z [13997] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: org.munson.weathernow: Error: Found GPS coordinates ( 29.706944444444446 , -95.40472222222222 ), file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.munson.weathernow/index.html:0
    messages:2009-12-29T21:55:45.214813Z [13997] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: org.munson.weathernow: Error: FAILED TO GET REVERSE LOCATION, file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.munson.weathernow/index.html:0
    messages:2009-12-29T21:55:45.233886Z [13997] palm-webos-device user.info powerd: POWERD-TIMEOUT: _power_timeout_set (org.munson.weathernow,org.munson.weathernow.timer,wakeup) in 00:05:00
    messages:2009-12-29T21:55:45.263122Z [13997] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: org.munson.weathernow: Error: org.munson.weathernow.timer alarm set successfully, file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.munson.weathernow/index.html:0
    messages:2009-12-29T21:56:04.848876Z [14017] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: org.munson.weathernow: Error: sending event 'mojo-event-activate' targeting element 'undefined#<no id>' , file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.munson.weathernow/index.html:0
    messages:2009-12-29T21:56:04.851928Z [14017] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: org.munson.weathernow: Error: sending event 'mojo-stage-activate' targeting element 'DIV#mojo-scene-dashboard' , file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.munson.weathernow/index.html:0
    messages:2009-12-29T21:56:06.548919Z [14019] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: org.munson.weathernow: Error: sending event 'mojo-event-deactivate' targeting element 'DIV#mojo-scene-dashboard' , file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.munson.weathernow/index.html:0
    messages:2009-12-29T21:56:06.553985Z [14019] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: org.munson.weathernow: Error: sending event 'mojo-subtree-hidden' targeting element 'DIV#mojo-scene-dashboard' and details {container:[object HTMLDivElement]}, file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.munson.weathernow/index.html:0
    messages:2009-12-29T21:56:06.586120Z [14019] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: org.munson.weathernow: Error: Outta here!, file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.munson.weathernow/index.html:0
    messages:2009-12-29T21:56:06.595306Z [14019] palm-webos-device user.info powerd: POWERD-TIMEOUT: _power_timeout_clear (org.munson.weathernow,org.munson.weathernow.timer,public)
    I sort of like the idea of the app always knowing where you are and what the weather is, that way the information is always pertinent, but you're right about the battery impact. I'll look into it.
    I like this idea too - I travel a lot in my job and it might get annoying to keep manually changing my location.

I guess like all things a choice of automatic or manual would be ideal. I don't know how many hours work this translates into though
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast