Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    I'm having an issue with this application. I live in a smaller rural town, and whenever it gathers weather for my town, it does not show the icon or atmostpheric conditions (i.e. "-6 and _______ at 8:00 AM"). While it does show proper conditions for towns about 50 km or so away, none of the towns that are near mine display properly either. Is anyone else having these issues, and if so do you know how to correct them? Thanks very much.
    Thank you for the new update version.

If you want to edit the app anytime...the connection within 5 minutes to the service for updating the weather information is not very battery friendly. I have realized that if my phone is in airplane mode (nights), the app is eating the battery faster, because the app is tring to update every fife minutes..??

thx..
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Thanks for all the work you've done on this App. I just downloaded 0.0.7 and agree the dashboard does look cleaner with the wind and humidity removed.

However, if you do end up making any updates in the future, could that information be user selectable as to show it on the dashboard ?

Keep up the good work. I'll be looking for the new app you're working on.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Today I received an error that said this my version had expired and to try to update to a newer version. When I check PreWare and/or the App Catalog I am not able to find any version of WeatherNow. Is it still going to be available? Thanks! Great app by the way!
  5.    #185  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmillican View Post
    Today I received an error that said this my version had expired and to try to update to a newer version. When I check PreWare and/or the App Catalog I am not able to find any version of WeatherNow. Is it still going to be available? Thanks! Great app by the way!
    It's still available via Preware, not in the App Catalog. Make sure you're running v0.0.7, that one doesn't expire. Earlier versions expire on January 31 -- I'm not sure why you're getting that message already, is the date set correctly on your phone?
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeydog View Post
    It's still available via Preware, not in the App Catalog. Make sure you're running v0.0.7, that one doesn't expire. Earlier versions expire on January 31 -- I'm not sure why you're getting that message already, is the date set correctly on your phone?
    I figured it out. I was in an area where my phone didn't receive service so the program couldn't update itself. I am running v0.0.7 and my date is set correctly, so I'm not sure about the error either. But now that I am back home it is working great again! Thanks!
    this seems like it'd be a massive drain on battery life, i kinda like the weather channels app a little better
    Since you don't plan on charging now are there any plans to include radar in the program?
    Fantastic tool. Donated.
  10.    #190  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Since you don't plan on charging now are there any plans to include radar in the program?
    Not at this time, no. I may come back to this and rewrite it someday using knowledge I've gleaned since 0.0.7, but no guarantees. That's why it's free.
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    you might be able to get some money from the hot apps program with the app the way it is. i know weather dashboard lite is there but this app has the unique ability to change the icon to show the weather. i'm actually using both, .
    You should get in the app catalog.

I have the Weather Dashboard lite and yours. Yours is better but your are competing for free...

I think you should match every feature GigaMega added to their pro app and under cut the price to $.99.
    If possible make the notification icon change with weather for an extra step up. Look at their design of the icons and size of the temp and do something simular. And update often with a competitive description stay what your app does others don't.

Just sayin' what I would do if I could code. Great app thanks!

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Weather Dashboard looks better because it has the moon icons for the night but Weathernow is more accurate.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    WeatherNow is not working correctly after 1.4 upgrade, I am getting a black screen with the dashboard on the top of the screen, It is not running like it normaly did. It only shows if I manualy open it.

EDIT, Seems to have fixed itself.
  15.    #195  
    Apparently Palm made some changes to their dashboard stages but I wasn't told. I wonder if I put it in the App Catalog if they'd give me a heads up beforehand. Anyway, I'm aware and I'll see what I can do to fix it.

@Levi4u If you can tell me what you did to make it "fix itself" I'd like to know! It isn't working for me as of yet.

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Are you seeing the same black screen with the info at the top when you start the app? I swiped it off and just left it running in the background, After a couple of hours it popped up they way it is supposed to. I did reboot the phone a couple of times over other issues, Not sure if that helped or not. I wish I knew what I did to get it to work correctly, Sorry if I couldn't be of more help.
  17.    #197  
    I've confirmed that background launches work, but the initial launch doesn't. No reboot required. I may have to launch a card and immediately close it. Strange. Will try to do some research and figure it out. In the meantime, I recommend everyone enable background execution in Preferences.

18.    #198  
    I've updated version 0.0.8 to address the webOS 1.4 issue. It is a minor change to open the card view at the same time as the dashboard view. You will have to swipe it away if you only want the background execution, but when you do it will run as it did before the 1.4 change.

A better fix is probably called for, given that this is primarily a background application. However, it depends on what Palm is going to do next. I can't imagine that this was an intentional change on their part and expect it will change with 1.4.1 someday. Other apps are having this problem as well.

Someday I'm going to rewrite this app anyway, but this should do for now. Hope you enjoy it.

Version 0.0.8. crashes my phone under 1.4. I remove it, and no issues. I load it back on, and crash after a little while. Anyone else experiencing that?

I would like to get that problem fixed because I like Weathernow better then the rest.
    Any feeds available to make it possible to add severe weather notifications? I would love a small applet like this to have location specific notifications of any weather warnings. I know the weather apps display this but you have to open the application and check. The use of WebOS notifications would be perfect.
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast