Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    TrackMyWork is a time tracker especially for employees for collecting your working hours. You can check in and out per day as often as you want. The working time gets summarized per day and week. Entries can also be added, altered and deleted manually. Different categories (for example working time, free time, holidays, etc.) can also be assigned, as well as a short description per entry. Night shifts are supported. Data can be imported and exported.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kr_ke; 08/31/2010 at 05:52 AM.
    Looks very promising. Will try it out tomorrow at work.

Can you add a feature to e-mail the data, so it can be printed out and turned in for record keeping?
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramer84015 View Post
    Looks very promising. Will try it out tomorrow at work.

Can you add a feature to e-mail the data, so it can be printed out and turned in for record keeping?
    Is on my list for later implementation ....
    Good app. I'm missing only two options:

1. automatic check out/in for lunch break (adjustable like: every working day between 1:00 pm and 1:30 pm)

2. e-mail service
    Great app!

A few things. I work nights and it seems to have automatically clock me out at 11:59pm so when I went to hit out when I left work this moring I had to manually put 12:00am clock in first. So if you could get it to keep going till the out is actually hit that would be nice.

My wife doesn't get paid in the normal week or two week periods. It would be nice in the preferences if the user could define the start and end dates and not just limit them to a normal week.

It would be great if I could put my hourly rate and maybe even average percentage take from check (by taxes, insurance, etc) and I would know how much to expect from my check.

Just some ideas, but as of now it is still a great app.
    Thanks and good work!
    Last edited by speedygodzilla; 01/07/2010 at 08:46 AM. Reason: grammar
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by malle View Post
    Good app. I'm missing only two options:

1. automatic check out/in for lunch break (adjustable like: every working day between 1:00 pm and 1:30 pm)
    ok, I've putted it on my list.

Quote Originally Posted by malle View Post
    2. e-mail service
    What do you mean with email service exactly?
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by speedygodzilla View Post
    Great app!

A few things. I work nights and it seems to have automatically clock me out at 11:59pm so when I went to hit out when I left work this moring I had to manually put 12:00am clock in first. So if you could get it to keep going till the out is actually hit that would be nice.

My wife doesn't get paid in the normal week or two week periods. It would be nice in the preferences if the user could define the start and end dates and not just limit them to a normal week.

It would be great if I could put my hourly rate and maybe even average percentage take from check (by taxes, insurance, etc) and I would know how much to expect from my check.

Just some ideas, but as of now it is still a great app.
    Thanks and good work!
    Thanks four your Ideas. I consider to implement some of them, if I can get them in my concepts. But because I'm very busy now, and want to force my personal needs (which were the reason i've wrote this app for me) it may take some time ....

Regards, Klaus
    Quote Originally Posted by kr_ke View Post
    ok, I've putted it on my list.

What do you mean with email service exactly?
    Hi.
    with email service I mean:
    Sending weekly data in simple format (e.g. attached csv file ). Optional sheduled action: send data from last week every monday at 7:00am to a defined e-mail address.

best regard
    I tried installing this app with PreWare. It said Downloading... then Installing...
    A notification came across at the bottom that said "Installation complete"

The "Installing..." bar at the bottom however just sits there. Several other people have reported this problem.

There is an icon now for it in the Launcher. When i select it, it opens the app catalog, but doesn't show "TrackMyWork" as a listed app.

Now I want to get this thing off, but have no way of removing it.

Can somebody please explain/help?
    Last edited by SirRob94; 01/25/2010 at 01:03 PM.
    Well to get it off I bascially just restarted the device. Since you are a register user here just go to trackmywork and download the ipk and install it using webos quick install....

For my input. Maybe have option to set the start of the week. As our weeks start on Wednesdays and end on Tuesdays.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Just another idea you should consider. An import/export function like the Checkbook App. It would be nice to export the data from TrackMyTime to my google documents. Also the import function would work well to restore a backup in case you have to erase your phone.
    Keep up the great work!
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Klaus - I really like this app. Thank you for your work. I have three time tracker apps installed and each has strengths and weaknesses. The thing I like best about yours is the clean view of the week showing in, out, and total time for each day. Perfect week overview.

Are you still in active development, or is this on the back burner? What I would like to request is a way to only show one project on the screen at a time. My suggestion would be to have the project button in the lower right actually filter the view. You could also add "All Projects" to the list that the button pops up if someone wants to see totals. If this were added I could really expand my use tremendously. I have 3 things I want to track per day but they are unrelated and only one of them is "work".
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crm17 View Post
    Klaus - I really like this app. Thank you for your work. I have three time tracker apps installed and each has strengths and weaknesses. The thing I like best about yours is the clean view of the week showing in, out, and total time for each day. Perfect week overview.

Are you still in active development, or is this on the back burner? What I would like to request is a way to only show one project on the screen at a time. My suggestion would be to have the project button in the lower right actually filter the view. You could also add "All Projects" to the list that the button pops up if someone wants to see totals. If this were added I could really expand my use tremendously. I have 3 things I want to track per day but they are unrelated and only one of them is "work".
    Thank you for using TMW!

TMW is in development, but for the last weeks I spent all my energy to PlanMyDay, which appreared today at precentral.

I like your Idea of filtering projects and think about it. For me it could be useful to select more than one project and summarize it on the week overview.

The filter-feature is definitely on my list!

Regards, Klaus
    Klaus,
    Great App, I think it has tons of potential. I like the easy to use features and being able to run multiple projects, and track the time for each one. Here are my suggestions in no particular order of importance:

1) Email the data
    2) Integrate to Google Docs (spreadsheet) - this would be way cool
    3) A toggle to turn on/off landscape view mode
    4) Maybe a way to choose minute block times, so that when setting the minutes it would scroll through 5 minute increments, or 10, or 15, etc - I think there could be an option to choose minute increments: 5,10, or 15.
    5) The "Sum" is confusing - Right now I am testing tracking 3 projects...When I choose a different project the Sum stays the same - is the sum supposed to show the total time for that particular project? In other words, how would I view the total month/week time for a given project?

Great work so far, looking forward to future releases. Any idea when the next upgrade will be available?
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ttoone View Post
    Klaus,
    Great App, I think it has tons of potential. I like the easy to use features and being able to run multiple projects, and track the time for each one. Here are my suggestions in no particular order of importance:

1) Email the data
    2) Integrate to Google Docs (spreadsheet) - this would be way cool
    3) A toggle to turn on/off landscape view mode
    4) Maybe a way to choose minute block times, so that when setting the minutes it would scroll through 5 minute increments, or 10, or 15, etc - I think there could be an option to choose minute increments: 5,10, or 15.
    5) The "Sum" is confusing - Right now I am testing tracking 3 projects...When I choose a different project the Sum stays the same - is the sum supposed to show the total time for that particular project? In other words, how would I view the total month/week time for a given project?

Great work so far, looking forward to future releases. Any idea when the next upgrade will be available?
    Thanks for using and enjoying my App. To your suggestions:
    1) On my todo-list
    2) Good idea, but at the moment I have no idea hot to implement such a thing
    3) App supports landscape mode. Just rotate the device :-)
    4) Good Idea, considering to put on my todo-list
    5) The upper right menu-button has no filtering function. It is only to select the Category to check in a fast way.

Next update: Currently I'm working on filtering and nightshift calculations. If all works well, then in about two weeks the new release comes out.

Then I want to spend again some time for my PlanMyDay project ...

Regards, Klaus
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Hi,

Thank you for the update. I really like most things about this program but I do not like the way filtering was done at all. I understand that you decided to use the menu instead of the button in the lower right in order to have a way to choose a set of projects but this is very very inconvenient. What I most commonly would do is switch from just displaying Project 1 to just displaying Project 2. This takes many clicks and you have to re-open the menu. It is so inconvenient that I will not use this feature in it's current form.

I would strongly suggest you re-consider ways of using the button in the lower right. Have a choice for each project, maybe a choice for All Projects, and a Custom.. choice. Have Custom bring up a dialog where you check which projects you want and click done or back swipe.

One other comment - When I am editing a time, it keeps bothering me with an error about start must be before end. It should not show an error unless I click done. It often takes several clicks before the time is fully changed to the correct time.

Thank you for your work and for considering my suggestions.
    I had to "doctor" my Pre but before that, I did a backup (with the built-in application) and also a backup image of the PRE's "disk drive" in my desktop computer. When "WebOSDoctor" finished, I do have the TrackMyWork application but not the data. It is possible to restore it from the Backup Image that I did? If so, how?
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zionpc View Post
    I had to "doctor" my Pre but before that, I did a backup (with the built-in application) and also a backup image of the PRE's "disk drive" in my desktop computer. When "WebOSDoctor" finished, I do have the TrackMyWork application but not the data. It is possible to restore it from the Backup Image that I did? If so, how?
    Do you have shell-access (novaterm, ssh or terminal-application)?

Regards, Klaus
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Hi,
    I would strongly suggest you re-consider ways of using the button in the lower right. Have a choice for each project, maybe a choice for All Projects, and a Custom.. choice. Have Custom bring up a dialog where you check which projects you want and click done or back swipe.
    I understand your intention, but do not agre 100%, because I use TMW in an other way. But you're right, for your way of handling the filter it is not very convenient .... Please let me think a while for a better solution. What you describe as the Custom way could lead to a better handling.

Maybe has another one here at the forum a better idea to handle this ...

One other comment - When I am editing a time, it keeps bothering me with an error about start must be before end. It should not show an error unless I click done. It often takes several clicks before the time is fully changed to the correct time.
    OK, this is no problem. I will change it.

Thank you for your constructive critic, I really appreciate that!

Regards, Klaus
    I like this app but am finding it difficult to use. I work nights and I don't know if it is just me or what. I have a coworker who works during the day and he has no problems with the app. I would recommend tracking your sleep for a week or two to see if you run into the same problems.
    The problems I run into is after a couple 12 hour shifts on Friday and Saturday night it will not take punch IN for Sunday night. I hit it and nothing happens. I do like the option to keep time over midnight that has greatly helped but I still am running into some errors.

Another thing that would be nice and I am not even quite sure how it works since I keeping hitting road blocks. My pay period ends on Sunday at Midnight so since so hours after midnight should show up on Monday's total in my ideal opinion. This should go for all days.

When I time in and than click it to edit the clock in time I can not find the event to edit it. I do find it under the next day if I scroll forward. On the very top it always says Today which is kind of confusing, I would expect it to say the day that is shown.

I wonder if the Standard Day preference has anything to do with my problems using it during nights. I have deleted the app and just now reinstalled. I want to start fresh. I will let you know if I continue to have problems. Thanks for the great app looking forward to the polish and official version.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast