Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by audax View Post
    The weekly overview is not working for me. It just shows zeros for all times.
    The time is tracked right but I need to inspect every day by itself.
    Did you checked the category filters? If no category is selected, no data will be shown ...

Regards, Klaus
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by makescentz View Post
    When I'm in the 'week mode' and click on the back arrow I have no problem going to last week. If I click on the right arrow, again, no problem, I go to next week.

The problem is ... when I click on "This week" nothing happens. I can't see a list of this week. It either stays on the which ever week I was on (last or next) ... OR it's blank.

I'm clicking in and out for my time, but can't see anything. I DID go to "next week" and clicked on Sunday and backed up and could track my work in the daily mode, but why can't I see the entire week? Is it me, or is this normal? What can I do to see the entire week?
    Hello,

I am sorry, but I cannot reproduce this for me ... Maybe you could send me some screenshots and - if it's ok for you - a dump of your data.

BTW: Do you have checked the category filters?

Cheers, Klaus
    Klaus, thanks for the quick response!

I went into category filter and started clicking around ... when I clicked "TOGGLE ALL" the week showed up, but there was no data entries showing ... after clicking around some more I got one of the clients entries to show up (I've only worked with 2 clients since I got the app last week). The other one isn't showing up on the weekly yet, but when I click the day the info is there ... I will keep messing with it and figure it out.

Thanks! Aside from that little problem I was having, the app has been very helpful.
    Hello,I love this app!! Its the best!! However I was using the beta version and now that it is expired I bought the full version, and Im having an issue exporting and importing my data. Ive been using the import and export through the mail, but when I import it into the full version, the times and the dates are all mixed up. It starts in May instead of in March. Ive used both UTC and local time zones and both are still not properly importing the data. Is there something Im doing wrong?? Thank you
    --Hope for the best. Expect the worst.--
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by desmarie750 View Post
    Hello,I love this app!! Its the best!! However I was using the beta version and now that it is expired I bought the full version, and Im having an issue exporting and importing my data. Ive been using the import and export through the mail, but when I import it into the full version, the times and the dates are all mixed up. It starts in May instead of in March. Ive used both UTC and local time zones and both are still not properly importing the data. Is there something Im doing wrong?? Thank you
    Hmmm, as I understand you right, you did get data imported, but they got mixed. Was it in the was that by example the 3rd may ment to 5th march?

If it does not mind you, you could send me your time data by mail (eventually anonymized of course) and also your language, format and timezone settings. Then I would try to reproduce the problem.

One other user had the problem, that he did not understood, to paste the clipboard into the entryfield before importing the data.

Regards, Klaus

ADDITIONAL INFO:

if you had exported only with checkin, but without checkout (looks like
    'T', '2010-05-18 16:16:55',NULL,'' ), the import fails currently. So please remove this line, and everything works.
    Last edited by kr_ke; 05/18/2010 at 01:49 PM.
    Hi,

could somebody explain the difference between TrackMyWork, TrackMyWork-Free and TrackMyWork-Full please.

Thanks.

ralphy
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Ralphy,

that are the differences:
    - TrackMyWork: This was the first homebrew version, When uploaded into the app catalog, it was a free app. -- No longer supported
    - TrackMyWork-Full: The full featured version, containing statistics, graphical rendering, automatic break calculation. Costs 1.99 $
    - TrackMyWork-Free: Same as above, without the featured mentioned above. Now available in the App Catalog. No runtime restrictions

Hope this helps

Klaus
    Hi Klaus,

Thanks for the explanation and btw. for this great App. I used to track my time with Timesheet in Palm OS and TMW is a great replacement!

One more question regarding the automatic break calculation. Does this mean, that there is a calculation for mandatory breaks (i.e. 30 min break after 6 h working)?

ralphy
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Hi Ralphy,

yes, but the breaks get only calculated out in the statistics. That means 30 minutes after 4 hours calculate the duration of a workday from 8:00 to 17.00 as 8 hours 30 minutes.

Klaus
    After seeing this app featured on the main page, I decided to try the lite version and see how if it would work for what I want to do, however I'm running into a problem. Our week starts and ends at noon on Friday. Is there a way to have the Sum feature calculate based on category instead? That way I can just make a new category for each week and switch categories at 12pm on Friday.

P.S. I'd upgrade to the paid version if this app could log me into work automatically when it picked up my office's wifi network between 7-9am and log me off automatically if it lost the wifi connection between 4-6pm. The reason for the time restrictions is that I often move around campus during the day and loose the wifi, but I always start and end my day in the office, where I have WiFi.

Nice little app though!
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Purchased this app some time ago, and started using it.
    Did the Homebrew version have a wifi check in and out?
    Seems like the first version I tired did, but can find that option in the full version.
    Nice app.
    I downloaded this from the 'Homebrew Apps' section. I don't bother with the App Catalogues since Palm still volontarily cripple developpers and thereby also their own market for this great phone. And I'm not allowed to pay for apps and download them in Norway.

Anyhow. The one I downloaded is called only 'Track My Work'. Not 'lite' or 'full'. It's functioning properly though. Does this mean my version is not supported and developed, but the other two versions are?

I'd love to pay for this app, but I'm not allowed by Palm.
    Is there a proper manual somewhere by the way?

Great job with the app! Seems very promising.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeder View Post
    Did the Homebrew version have a wifi check in and out?
    Nice app.
    I did a little testing on other Software with WIFI-Check-In and -Out. For me the results were very disappointing. It does never really work for me. I know, this feature sounds very nice and promising, but I fear as I implement it I will get more disappointed and frustrated users, than happy users.

So I decided, not to implement this feature sorry ....
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriq Backlund View Post
    I downloaded this from the 'Homebrew Apps' section. I don't bother with the App Catalogues since Palm still volontarily cripple developpers and thereby also their own market for this great phone. And I'm not allowed to pay for apps and download them in Norway.

Anyhow. The one I downloaded is called only 'Track My Work'. Not 'lite' or 'full'. It's functioning properly though. Does this mean my version is not supported and developed, but the other two versions are?

I'd love to pay for this app, but I'm not allowed by Palm.
    Is there a proper manual somewhere by the way?

Great job with the app! Seems very promising.
    Patriq,

the homebrew-app (0.1.3) is no longer supported. But i can update the Homebrew app with the free application, so that you can download it on your device.

Hope to help you
    Quote Originally Posted by kr_ke View Post
    Patriq,

the homebrew-app (0.1.3) is no longer supported. But i can update the Homebrew app with the free application, so that you can download it on your device.

Hope to help you
    Thanks, that'd be very nice of you !
    Any ideas on how to change the days the program displays? I want it to display friday-monday-tuesday-wednesday-thrusday-friday because our work week starts and ends at 12pm on friday. I'll buy the full version if that's what it takes to get this functionality! This app is pretty good, but having the ability to display custom day ranges would make it awesome.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Suava View Post
    Any ideas on how to change the days the program displays? I want it to display friday-monday-tuesday-wednesday-thrusday-friday because our work week starts and ends at 12pm on friday. I'll buy the full version if that's what it takes to get this functionality! This app is pretty good, but having the ability to display custom day ranges would make it awesome.
    i've put a weekday-filter on my TODO-List, as well as the possibility, to use longer intervals as 7 days. This should be a solution for your problem. But please be patient, because it will take some time for this to be implemented, and I am very busy at the moment ....
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Some users had the wish to iconize the in/out button (see in screenshot) ... Done!

O -> Recording -> Check in
    || -> Pause -> Check out

But some users contacted me now, because the were wondering, what the symbols mean. Due to sizing reasons I do not want to go back to text labels.

What do you think: What kind of symbols (and colours) are intuitive for Check in and out?

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I don't really like the new icons.

maybe you can use the radio button widget with the old labels. This will take more of less the same space as the icons and will have the added benefit of having just one touch target instead of two.
    Hi,

I'm using your free version from the Catalog and I really like it.
    Nevertheless, I also don't like the new icons because:

"II" is usually the pause icon, this indicates that I'm pausing my work. This would mean, that the usual state is working
    I think you should better use the normal "stop" square for stopping, color should be green. Red dot for recording is OK.

-rob
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast