Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Thanks for putting this together. I was tracking my work hours in a memo on my old Treo. There is really not much else out there that acts like a straight-up timecard. I do have some suggestions (of course).

Important:
    1) Export/backup data: The ability to back up is critical. Exporting would kill two birds with one stone. Someone mentioned a CSV format - that would work great. Flip side: CSV import, especially to restore the backup.

Nice to have:
    2) Built-in break/lunch handling. Currently it's a "clock-in/clock-out" program only, but would it be beneficial to anyone else to subtract time for breaks and lunches? For example, instead of "8:30 - 12:00; 1:00 - 5:00", the record would be more like "8:30 - 5:00, 60 min lunch". That would mean less needing to remember to check in and out and less needing to remember exact break times. It would also lead in to:

I'm probably the only person who would find this useful:
    3) Paid breaks. Some workplaces may include a 15-minute break as paid time, but a longer break would be off the clock. For example, if I took a break from 3:00 to 3:15, it might be included. But if I took a break from 3:00 to 3:25, it would look like a 10-minute break when my total hours are calculated.

Thanks again - fantastic job creating a solid, useful app!
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by speedygodzilla View Post
    I like this app but am finding it difficult to use. I work nights and I don't know if it is just me or what. I have a coworker who works during the day and he has no problems with the app. I would recommend tracking your sleep for a week or two to see if you run into the same problems.
    The problems I run into is after a couple 12 hour shifts on Friday and Saturday night it will not take punch IN for Sunday night. I hit it and nothing happens. I do like the option to keep time over midnight that has greatly helped but I still am running into some errors.
    I followed your advice and tracked my sleep since a week now. And you're right, beginning with yesterday some strange things happend with the time calculation. ASAP I will fix this issue.

Regards

Klaus
    First of all, thank you for your effort writing TrackMyTime & releasing it to us. I had a program for the same function for my previous PalmOS device; your app fills a significant need now that I've moved to the Pre.

I've had a problem with the last couple of updates with logged time not showing up on the proper day. This happens both on the main screen & in the details for the day. One of two things happens:
    1) The time gets recorded & properly totaled, but on the wrong day. The detail records show up on that same (wrong) day.
    2) The time gets recorded on the wrong day, and no detail records are available to edit. This happened for the first time yesterday; I "punched in" yesterday; the time appears on today's (not yesterday's) total line on the main screen. No matter where I look I can't find the detail record to be able to edit it. I even added another record to yesterday; the time showed up (again, on today's line) and I'm not able to find that record either.

On the latter, I forgot to punch in when I started, so I wanted to adjust the record to be accurate. I ended up just adding another record to record the time I'd missed. Interestingly enough, the earlier start time shows up on today's summary line, but I'm not able to bring up either record for editing.
    Great application. I have also used TimeTracker, but it doesn't give a simple summary of total hours per day at-a-glance, so I use TrackMyWork now.
    GREAT app! I use it every day & would be lost without it! It is an absolute must have for me. I have downloaded a few other apps that I just did not care for at all. The interface & usability is so simple, convenient and perfect.

The only thing I would add is with multiple "projects" (I use the company name as I work 2 jobs) to filter each project is very difficult. It either totals all the hours I have worked at both places or I have to click into the menu a few times to toggle one off, then the other.

An area to enter pay rate would be nice too -- then with total hours I can see how much to expect on my check... but a simple math calculation isn't really all that hard.

Thanks again for your time in this program it is the most used app on me Pre!
    I really need this app, thank you.

I am having one really strange problem. After approximately 4 PM every day, when I clock in it starts it on the next day. Am I doing something wrong?

It seems like it must be me because I haven't seen anybody else write about it. Does it have anything to do with the "standard day" settings on the preferences page?

I have only been using TMW for 3 days so far
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Great App. Very similar to the Timesheet app i used on Palm OS. Look forward to future updates. Thanks for this.
    [QUOTE=someonewhobikes;2244278]
    "First of all, thank you for your effort writing TrackMyTime & releasing it to us. I had a program for the same function for my previous PalmOS device; your app fills a significant need now that I've moved to the Pre.

I've had a problem with the last couple of updates with logged time not showing up on the proper day. This happens both on the main screen & in the details for the day. One of two things happens:
    1) The time gets recorded & properly totaled, but on the wrong day. The detail records show up on that same (wrong) day."[/I]

I am having the same problem as you can see on my other post. Since it is changing the day sometime around 3 PM Pacific Time and the program was created in Germany (Deutchland = .de on the website) I think that the day changes when the day changes there (9 hours difference in time). 3 PM in California = 12 AM (the next day) in Deutchland.

This is a definite problem for me as I was planning to submit screen shots of the records to my employer.

I also had problems with showing any records on Saturday, and when I tried to go to the next week to see if it was on Sunday it skipped this week, no matter which screen it was in. Anybody else having this problem?
    I like TMW a lot... Filterring is a bit confusing but it has already been said.

The biggest issue I have right now (and view the past few post, it seems I'm not the only one) is that it seems that TMW decide the current day based in UTC instead of local time. So if I punch In (same behaviour happens when entering time period manually) at 20:00 EDT, it gets recorded on the next day because 20:00 EDT is 00:00 ETC. The current day sould be based on local time.

Do you think that we will have a fix for this issue soon? And is a simple CSV export is implemented (while waiting for e-mail or Google Spreadsheet ;-) ) I would be very happy :-D
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ukabu View Post
    I like TMW a lot... Filterring is a bit confusing but it has already been said.

The biggest issue I have right now (and view the past few post, it seems I'm not the only one) is that it seems that TMW decide the current day based in UTC instead of local time. So if I punch In (same behaviour happens when entering time period manually) at 20:00 EDT, it gets recorded on the next day because 20:00 EDT is 00:00 ETC. The current day sould be based on local time.

Do you think that we will have a fix for this issue soon? And is a simple CSV export is implemented (while waiting for e-mail or Google Spreadsheet ;-) ) I would be very happy :-D
    The time problem should be fixed now, it depends on the difference between UTC and the local time. I've tested with different time zones, but please give feedback if anything goes wrong again ....

The next task, I'm going on now is the CSV-Export for Backup and Restore, but pleas be patient, because my spare time is limited at the moment.

Greetings, Klaus
    The time thing is working for me, I punched in last night at 9pm, and it showed it correctly on Friday, thanks!
    Great app, I think its the better one i've seen so far, however, I too have a use for "unpaid" lunchs. I don't get my lunch break on the clock, be nice if this app took this in account. Another thing that would be useful is if the app could caclute my gross pay, maybe some deductions input to estimate my net pay. Just some thoughts and idea's. Really the most important one is the unpaid time at work...

thanks again
    Todd
    Good App but not great, sorry.
    I need a monthly overview about my working Hours.
    So please input a Monthly View, so i can see how much Hours i worked this month.
    How about the Export Function?

I tried to send it via Email but received just cryptical text.
    Maybe we need an PC App for TMW, to read and correct the Data on PC or maybe i don't find the way to export the Data to Excel?

Nothing more critic about your App, hang on it and make more Apps for the WebOSWorld.

regards
    Thomas
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gojira-Berlin View Post
    Good App but not great, sorry.
    I need a monthly overview about my working Hours.
    So please input a Monthly View, so i can see how much Hours i worked this month.
    How about the Export Function?

I tried to send it via Email but received just cryptical text.
    Maybe we need an PC App for TMW, to read and correct the Data on PC or maybe i don't find the way to export the Data to Excel?
    Monthly and yearly statistics will follow, so please be patient ....

Export works fine for me (using OpenOffice on Linux and Mac OSX) by importing as CSV (Comma separated value). There should be no need for an extra PC program.

Data should look like this:

'Type','CategoryId','Name'
    'C',1,'Working time'
    'Type','CategoryId','Start','End','Note'
    'T',1,'2007-03-01 08:15:00','2007-03-01 16:30:00',''

What do you mean with 'cryptical text'?

Regards, Klaus
    I'm sorry if this is answered somewhere, but I couldn't find it. I doctored my phone today and exported my data first. How do I import it back from my email?

Thank you for this app. It fits my needs perfectly. I can track my hour exactly and compare to the boss. It has helped me catch/fix some mistakes.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by preternatural View Post
    I'm sorry if this is answered somewhere, but I couldn't find it. I doctored my phone today and exported my data first. How do I import it back from my email?

Thank you for this app. It fits my needs perfectly. I can track my hour exactly and compare to the boss. It has helped me catch/fix some mistakes.
    You have to mark your mail, copy it to the clipboard and then past it into the entry field in the import/export dialog.

Regards, Klaus
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I'm in the Australia/Melbourne (+1000) timezone, and find that if I have times for Monday (this is a Monday-only issue) starting before 10am, they do not show up in the week view. They do show up in the day view.

Also, the buttons to move between weeks don't seem to work consistently.

Would really like to use this app, but either need a fix, or someone to convince my boss I can start the working week at 10am!

Joe.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joehutch View Post
    I'm in the Australia/Melbourne (+1000) timezone, and find that if I have times for Monday (this is a Monday-only issue) starting before 10am, they do not show up in the week view. They do show up in the day view.

Also, the buttons to move between weeks don't seem to work consistently.
    Quote Originally Posted by joehutch View Post
    Would really like to use this app, but either need a fix, or someone to convince my boss I can start the working week at 10am!
    Joe.
    Hi Joe, just called your boss, it's ok for you to start work at 10am ...
    .. To be serious, the 10am-bug is fixed, and will come in out the Beta version on palms app catalog and some later in the free and full version ...

Thank you for this bug-report.

Regards, Klaus
    The weekly overview is not working for me. It just shows zeros for all times.
    The time is tracked right but I need to inspect every day by itself.
    Hi Klaus,

I downloaded this app one day last week, and it's really helpful as I do freelance work at home. Love it.

It worked fine last week, but yesterday and today I'm having a bit of a problem:

When I'm in the 'week mode' and click on the back arrow I have no problem going to last week. If I click on the right arrow, again, no problem, I go to next week.

The problem is ... when I click on "This week" nothing happens. I can't see a list of this week. It either stays on the which ever week I was on (last or next) ... OR it's blank.

I'm clicking in and out for my time, but can't see anything. I DID go to "next week" and clicked on Sunday and backed up and could track my work in the daily mode, but why can't I see the entire week? Is it me, or is this normal? What can I do to see the entire week?

Thanks.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast