Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This task manager app interfaces with a popular website called Remember The Milk: Online to do list and task management. This app was written by me, and I am not at all related to the website. The is the very beta version of this app. I plan to add more features along the line. Viewing, adding, completing, and postponing tasks should be pretty much all set.

Download Here:
    http://precentral.net/homebrew-apps/rtm (CowTasks)

License: This application IS open source. Please feel free to modify and distribute!

EDIT 12/21 (v0.1.0):
    - application expires on 2/1/2010
    - initial version

EDIT 12/22 (v0.1.1):
    - rebranded to CowTasks
    - fixed RTM Terms violations and used new API key

EDIT 12/21 (v0.1.2):
    - application never expires
    - made app open source

KNOWN ISSUES:
    - this is an early beta, will be adding much more along the way

IDEAL FUTURE ROADMAP
    v0.2.0
    - incorporate tags and locations
    - edit existing tasks

v0.3.0
    - notifications and alerts
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by d0lph1nK1ng; 01/30/2010 at 02:10 PM.
    Is it just me or is anybody else getting sent do an Access Denied site upon clicking the above link to dL the beta?
    Same here. Perhaps it hasn't been moderated/approved yet.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    same here, but can't wait to use it! Thanks Dolphin!
    dolphinking can you post the ipk file here? We can't access it via your link.
    LOL at the sell the iphone task!
  6.    #6  
    I forgot that precentral still needs to approve the App. Once they do, link will work
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Great work. I've been watching this app since it was under development. Does this mean that RTM finally gave you a license?
    Follow me on Twitter: @jjshore
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Have been waiting for an RTM app for a long time. Would let me get rid of trying to use Outlook tasks!

Can't wait for it to be approved and posted.
    I have sent RTM serveral emails saying that they should send you a key or develop their own app ASAP.

I know I am starting to sound like some of the impatient, whiner kids around here when I say that it is getting a little ridiculus that we are still waiting for this app.

RTM is the perfect solution for task management on WebOS. Its what google tasks should have been.

Thank you very much for developing this app. I really hope that RTM lets you sell it.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  10.    #10  
    i still have not heard back from RTM regarding a commercial API key. but, given the initial amount of time i spent deciphering the API, i decided to still pursue development since there is nothing stopping me from releasing a non-commercial version for now. so, i wrapped up the first beta and hopefully you will enjoy it
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Thank you this is the one app I have been waiting for.
    Come on already PreCentral!

Edit: Thanks Dieter for making it available!
    Last edited by mrjcarter; 12/22/2009 at 02:38 PM.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Does this app have support for timed reminders (sound/dialog box at time you set)?

Thanks,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    Does this app have support for timed reminders (sound/dialog box at time you set)?

Thanks,
    -JerryG
    not just yet. it's definitely planned though, i've written the app's framework to support them. hopefully by v0.3 they will be implemented
    Just started using it. I'm curious about the roadmap. Any idea when you'll be adding any of the following features?

1) Change how lists are sorted (due date, priority, etc).
    2) Ability to set priority.
    3) Tags and location
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by downtown3641 View Post
    Just started using it. I'm curious about the roadmap. Any idea when you'll be adding any of the following features?

1) Change how lists are sorted (due date, priority, etc).
    2) Ability to set priority.
    3) Tags and location
    as for how lists are sorted, that's a PITA. currently it sorts tasks by Priority then Due Date and lists by Alphabet. i don't know if this will get implemented, but if so > 0.5.

you can set priority on new tasks now (try tapping towards the top half of the list item). editting existing tasks is planned for v0.2.

tags are there but invisible, and location isn't bad either. v0.2 sounds good for those.

EDIT: added a roadmap section to the original post
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post

Thanks,
    -JerryG
    Until it does when you add a task just put the time in the text of the task. Enable text messages on the website and you will get a text reminder when your task is due.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    It is live now.
    I really like it. It better than I thought it would be this early in the development process.
    I especially like the way you added the icon that takes you right to the iphone mobile site.

I have been waiting 6 months for this app and can't thank you enough!
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Like others, been waiting for this! It looks great.

I am having an issue where if I click on a category, the tasks never come up, just a spinning wheel.

It would certainly be good to be able to edit tasks.

Maybe RTM will buy your app from you when you finish. They require Pro accounts for all their apps, I wonder how they will go forward with the Pre app?
    I've downloaded it and am playing with it. The interface is beautiful.

Couple of questions:
    1. Does the app cache the information locally or does it just go online to get and update information? If it's just an interface to the online data, then this is less useful than I'd like. IMHO, tasks need to be available even without access to the network.
    2. Do you have plans to enable more complicated task options, like repeating tasks, or task tagging? I can do this through the RTM web interface, but I can't figure out how to do it in your app.
    3. What does the ellipsis button do?
    4. The button with the phone shape on it appears to take me to RTM's iphone web site. Is that right?

Very good looking app. Looking forward to seeing it develop.
    Twitter: dullgeek
Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast