Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast
    Hmm. RTFM doesn't seem to be responding. It has often asked to re-authenticate because can't access API. I Quick add a task and I get the "spinning wheel" symbol but the task never gets added. Not sure what is going on. Plus it seem very slow. Was working just fine before this last update.
    Even though I was in my "Bills HOME" list when I added, t looks like it added the tasks to the "Inbox". When I try to go look at them I just get an endless "spinning wheel" busy...

Not complaining just giving you feedback.

EDIT: If I go to the RTM website the tasks I added are listed clearly, but still they are listed in the Inbox when I added them while in the "Bills HOME" list.
    Must say, I am not a real fan of the Quick Add. It is too quirky and unpredictable. If I add a task in the "Bills HOME" list it goes to Inbox and I cannot access them via the RTFM app (though I can on the website). But if I add a task from the "Tasks HOME" list it goes into that list just fine. Very unpredictable. I kind of prefer the older "Add Task" function. Seemed to work better. Just FYI.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    I have the same experience. Using Quick Add all added tasks end up in the Inbox. Btw, how can I enter undated tasks?
    I tried this again, hoping that the smart lists would show, but they do not.

All I get is the spinning circle.

Only view that came up for me was the Inbox view.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    the old way of adding tasks still exists. You can do a forward gesture, or selext "New Task" from the app menu in the upper left.

I will do some more testing and try an get these issues resolved.

I am working on allowing you to enter and update tasks without dates on the Add Task screen. That should be released in a day or 2.

I believe the reauthentication issues are due to too many calls to RTM in a short period of time. Each time it happened to me, there were several calls to RTM being done in a short amount of time. This is something I plan on addressing too.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    @headgamer When you were adding to Bills HOME were you putting in any quick add symbols (!, @, etc)?

inbox is the default List RTM will use if no List is specified.

the way I coded the quick add is tjat if any quick add symbols are used at all, the text box would be interpretted as literal quick add regardless of what List you were in. (ex inside List Bills HOME: "Do something !1 @ work)" would put a high priority task of Do something with work as the location in the inbox. Ex 2: Inside List Bills HOME: Do something" would put Do Something in the Bills HOME list with no with no due date, priority, or location.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    If you don't specify a list in quickadd, then the task appears in your default list. Unless you change it, RTM sets the Inbox as the default. Just change it in settings.
    Also, I suggest checking out creating quickadd tasks via email. You don't have to fire up RTM or RTFM to add tasks via quickadd.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    FEATURE REQUEST: It would be great if phone #s in a task could be tapped to dial. On the Treo, I could click on the number in a todo and the dialer would fire up and dial the #.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    I will probably change quick add so that if you are in a list, it will default to that list unless always....that way you can add parameters like priority and not have to also specify list.

I added clickable phone numbers to my fwature request list.
    Wormdood, you're doing a great job, and you can see by all the feedback that a bunch of people are excited about your efforts. Keep up the good work!

I have a question - just not sure if it is there and I am missing it or what. Can notes be added to a task? I see how to add a task, list, priority, and time due, but could not figure out if notes could be added to a task. Just wondering.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Notes is not yet implemented, but will be implemented in the future. The Add Task will be beefed up with more fields.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    What I am calling "quick add", RTM calls "smart add"...I will probably update the app to refer to it as "smart add".
    Worm, you rock! Look forward to the continued development!
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Thanks for the new version 0.1.6. The date window in the new task entry form is now properly aligned. I like also that the I now can assign no due date for a new task.

Btw, I always have issues with loading some lists (happened already with the old CowTasks). All Tasks (98 tasks, smart list in RTM) and a larger list (42 tasks) don't show up. Even after a 5-10 minutes I only see the spinner. If I then tab on the weekly view icon on the bottom the tasks due in this week show up correctly after a very short time. Smaller lists (e.g. 19) or a smart list created from the large list with 42 tasks work properly. Do you have any ideas what is going on?
    Ditto, except I have task lists with 15-20 tasks that do the unending spinning circle and never come back to display the list items, whereas switching to another week view or what have you responds almost instantly. Only lists with only 2-5 items show up in a reasonable amount of time. Something is going on behind the curtains when it comes to refreshing the task list items. Would be great if someone could figure it out and find a way to fix it. Don't know if this calls for a team effort since there is so much that appears to "needs-to-be"/"we-want-to-be" done or if wormdood can handle it all (since we keep piling it on!), but whatever it takes, I'm hoping fame and fortune follows whoever can pull it all together. Programmers rock!
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    I haven't looked into the large task list problem yet, but I will try to simulate it to see if I can find the cause.

For really robust offline support, I think I will need to make a lot of changes to how data is stored locally (use db rather than cookie) and that may take some time. Right now I'm trying to fix some of the cracks and add core features before tackling that as it may be several weeks before there is releasable beta code.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    By the way...webOS 1.4 broke the forward gesture feature for creating a new task. This is broken in all apps. Once there is a solution, I will fix it. Palm hasn't released the 1.4 docs yet and I didn't have a device with 1.4 to test with prior to the release of 1.4.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wormdood View Post
    I haven't looked into the large task list problem yet, but I will try to simulate it to see if I can find the cause.

For really robust offline support, I think I will need to make a lot of changes to how data is stored locally (use db rather than cookie) and that may take some time. Right now I'm trying to fix some of the cracks and add core features before tackling that as it may be several weeks before there is releasable beta code.
    Thanks for your continued work on this. I agree it's probably best to iron out existing issues and add core features (e.g. different sorting rules, etc.) before tackling off-line support.
    Thanks for all your work on this app. I'm looking forward to it coming together. I get the spinning wheel all the time no matter what list or view I choose. I only keep tasks in the inbox, and have about 6 or 7 daily tasks. Just an FYI if that helps development.