Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast
    Don't get me wrong, I am glad to get the app, and from what I have seen so far it works great. Just was surprised at 2am not to see it in Preware...
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    I may take a stab at developing a RTM app.
    Oh, and by the way, I noticed that when you add a task, the date selection part of the form is not formatted correctly. The date drop down boxes do not fit in the date box outline. I would take a screen cap but my Pre+ is drying right now after a Phantomskinz installation (which went well I must say! LOL).
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    I am picking up where d0lph1k1ng left off. It is available in the Beta catalog now. I'll release updates frequently as I work on it.

RTFM
    Quote Originally Posted by downtown3641 View Post
    Ditto, pending the addition of the following features:
    -Ability to use the quick-add syntax for tags, locations, due-dates, etc.
    -Recurring tasks don't freeze the app
    -Ability to change sorting hierarchy (Currently lists are sorted by priority then date. I'd like to be able to sort by date then priority)
    Also, just to reiterate for the new developer.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Downtown3641's list is a good starting point. I also would like to see local storage (i.e. on the internal media) for off-line use and syncing later.
    Quote Originally Posted by wormdood View Post
    I am picking up where d0lph1k1ng left off. It is available in the Beta catalog now. I'll release updates frequently as I work on it.

RTFM
    Cool! Glad to see development is being picked up. The link says RTFM is at v0.1.1 ... Cowtasks on my phone is listed as v0.1.2 ... is there a difference in them at all? Is installing RTFM a step backwards from Cowtasks (given the version number)? Or did you just restart the version numbering?

(Now if we could just get someone to start working on a Tumblr app, I'd be set. LOL)
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    It is a new start at numbering. I started with the codebase from CowTasks, but have changed the name and started the versioning over.
    looking forward to the development...this app just got me started with rtm...will be donating when i start to feel out the functionality of the app and rtm itself
    That's cool. Downloaded it already. I took a screen cap of the date misalignment issue. Need to look into this with the next update:

Thanks again!
    i noticed the misalignment too...is there any way to add a "time due"? if i have a specific time a task is due...
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    I noticed the date too...haven't looked into the cause, but not all versions of webOS have that issue.
    Thanks wormdood. Could RTFM also be posted onto the Precentral repository for those of us not fortunate enough to be in the "official country" list and therefore cannot use the "download to your phone link" method?
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    K, worm, figured you want feedback as to what end users want?

1. Offline tasks, make it save to the phone as well as update online.
    2. Use of palm's notification system (this is directly involved with 1).
    3. Smart entry would be _nice_ but not necessary.
    4.Increased app speed. It's too slow right now.

thanks, dave.
    Quote Originally Posted by davenukem View Post

thanks, dave.
    All are good suggestions...
    Quote Originally Posted by wormdood View Post

RTFM
    Thank you!
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davenukem View Post

thanks, dave.
    +1
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    The update I am submitting tonight adds support for Quick Add. Please let me know if you see any issues with how quick add is working.

Also...I removed the "add new" button since now there is the quick add box. You can now go to the "add new" screen with the forward gesture or from the app menu "New Task".

There are a few more features I plan to add before working on the local storage/offline mode, so please bear with me....that part may take some time to complete.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Also...the way the Quick Add box works....

if you are in a List and just put in the task name and no quick add parameters, it will automatically put the task in that list. If you put any parameters at all (!,#,@,^), it will do a quick add by the book. The behavior in a list is a shortcut.
    I'm going to have to get used to the Quick Add box. I have never really used the syntax stuff so now have to go learn it all... ;-)

Just as an icing-on-the-cake kind of thing, adding a listing of the quick add syntax in the Help section would be cool for reference. But that's a minor thing WAY down the road. No rush. Great work so far!