Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by enormous View Post
    I just recently got into using RTM, and have been wanting a version on my Pre. I'm going to take a look at the source and see where it's at. Thanks for open sourcing it d0lph1nK1ng!
    That would be great!!! TIA
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Check out the RTM blog today. they have a new developer for mobile and if we bang down their door he/she might just make m.rememberthemilk.com a huge priority if not a native palm pre app
    Ok. I've never asked ANYONE to do something stupid like this, but in this case I'll make an exception. This is your chance to make a difference. We have a chance to see a truly useful application developed for our phones: an OFFICIAL Remember the Milk application!

They're (Remember the Milk mobile development) is trying to find out in which direction to proceed in in the coming year with application development. We've got to knock down the door of these developers and let them know that we want to see this app made, once and for all!

In case you don't know what Remember the Milk (RTM) is, it's basically a to-do list and checklist online management service. Essentially, what a RTM application would do for us is allow us to synchronize any number of to-do lists with an online backup. Also, you can share these online to-do lists and truly share these lists with other mobile phone users, whether they be on iPhone, Android, or whatever (there are already RTM apps for these phones, and they're WORLDS better than the one that we have which is in beta).

So if you want to help make this happen, let's let 'em know!

1.) Go to Remember The Milk Mobile Survey 2010: Help Bob Decide! - Remember The Milk Blog

2.) Click "Take the Remember the Milk Mobile Survey".

3 .) Take the survey (I suggest choosing options strategically to help increase the chances of getting them to decide in our favor, but maybe that's just me?)

You're done! You've helped the cause significantly!
    Quote Originally Posted by BBuncky2 View Post
    3 .) Take the survey (I suggest choosing options strategically to help increase the chances of getting them to decide in our favor, but maybe that's just me?)
    Done. Thanks for posting the link. Now everyone else get busy taking the survey then bump this thread back up to the top. TIA
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Done. Thanks for posting the link. Now everyone else get busy taking the survey then bump this thread back up to the top. TIA
    Thanks a TON, dude! I'm creating a fresh thread just for this!
    Bump!
    Guys,

I've created a fresh thread for just this purpose in order to get people to pay attention to it.

Please point your friends to the following thread and give them further instructions (if they're not WebOS users but would like to help)

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...ssibility.html

Brett
    bump
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Same here, but can't wait to use it! Thanks Dolphin!
    Thanks d0lph1nK1ng!

I've taken the liberty of setting up a project at https://launchpad.net/cowtasks, and putting the code up there in a Bazaar branch. You can get the code by running "bzr branch lp : cowtasks" if you have it installed.

I probably won't have heaps of time to code on it, but I'll give it a shot. Anyone who wants commit access just needs to join the ~cowtasks-dev team.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 02/04/2010 at 01:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mumak View Post
    Thanks d0lph1nK1ng!

I've taken the liberty of setting up a project at https://launchpad.net/cowtasks, and putting the code up there in a Bazaar branch. You can get the code by running "bzr branch lp : cowtasks" if you have it installed.

I probably won't have heaps of time to code on it, but I'll give it a shot. Anyone who wants commit access just needs to join the ~cowtasks-dev team.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks for setting this up! I'm going to do what I can, mainly because I'm selfish and want a good RTM app on the pre Anyway, it's going to take me a little time getting up to speed on the app and deciding which small steps to get started on.

Thanks again!
    Thanks d0lph1nK1ng!

Hope this helps.
    Thanks for setting this up! I'm going to do what I can, mainly because I'm selfish and want a good RTM app on the pre Anyway, it's going to take me a little time getting up to speed on the app and deciding which small steps to get started on.

Thanks again!
    Thanks d0lph1nK1ng!

Hope this helps.
    I'm counting on you and others with the time to work on this!
    Any way this will ever become an official App Catalog app instead of Homebrew? n00b here with the Pre+ and webOS, and am trying to stay away from patches/homebrew for as long as I can until I really feel comfortable tinkering with the system...

Sean
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    Any way this will ever become an official App Catalog app instead of Homebrew? n00b here with the Pre+ and webOS, and am trying to stay away from patches/homebrew for as long as I can until I really feel comfortable tinkering with the system...

Sean

Homebrew apps are just Beta apps and are nothing to worry about. They can not cause any problems unless they are using services or running scripts (you will be warned at install if either of those events occur.)

Patching and thememing is what you want to avoid if your the timid type. This can cause problems. Lots of problems.
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Homebrew apps are just Beta apps and are nothing to worry about. They can not cause any problems unless they are using services or running scripts (you will be warned at install if either of those events occur.)

Patching and thememing is what you want to avoid if your the timid type. This can cause problems. Lots of problems.
    Guess I am just not as adventurous as I was in my youth and my Treo... Not really that interested in turning developer mode on. As I get older I R SCARED of tweaking with this kind of stuff. I prefer the ease of of use over tweaking. I'll consider getting around to it, or just wait until its available in the App Catalog...
    Been trying for a while to get filecoaster to work on my pre plus... no luck. Any other way we can get this app? AppScoop works great!
    Quote Originally Posted by flackster View Post
    Been trying for a while to get filecoaster to work on my pre plus... no luck. Any other way we can get this app? AppScoop works great!
    Agreed. Any way other than homebrew /developer mode/ etc. would be great.
    Ok, so anyway! Regarding a proactive approach to making this thing better, I have a question for you guys:

Would it be alright if I post ideas for improvement for this application slowly over time, as I think of them? Is this the right place to post those ideas? Or what about on your launchpad "basecamp"? All I saw was a "bugs" section, and no real functionality-improvement idea submission forum.

(I would actually make a proposal for you with pros and cons, but I just don't have time.)
    So I go through the homebrew installation process, install Preware...

...and CowTasks is not listed anywhere in Preware to install?!

Had to manually install it. Now will updates be available through the Updates app on the Pre, or will it have to be manually updated each time?
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast