Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    I've downloaded it and am playing with it. The interface is beautiful.

Couple of questions:
    1. Does the app cache the information locally or does it just go online to get and update information? If it's just an interface to the online data, then this is less useful than I'd like. IMHO, tasks need to be available even without access to the network.
    2. Do you have plans to enable more complicated task options, like repeating tasks, or task tagging? I can do this through the RTM web interface, but I can't figure out how to do it in your app.
    3. What does the ellipsis button do?
    4. The button with the phone shape on it appears to take me to RTM's iphone web site. Is that right?

Very good looking app. Looking forward to seeing it develop.
    1. no caching as of now. possibility in much later version (> 0.5).
    2. yes, look for that in about v0.3
    3. ellipsis button is disabled as of now. will eventually lead to a More Options sort of screen, possibly managing locations/tags and the sort
    4. yep, added a mobile view if thats ur thing/as a safeguard for the app not working (haha). this will only take u to iphone view if u have a pro account, otherwise will take u to the nasty looking mobile view
    I am able to edit tasks. This looks great. Now I am just trying to remember how to get it to sync with my Google calendar. It did this one time before this app came out and I didn't like how it was working so I removed the access from google calendar.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d0lph1nK1ng View Post
    not just yet. it's definitely planned though, i've written the app's framework to support them. hopefully by v0.3 they will be implemented
    Great, thanks! Looking forward to it!

Regards,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Until it does when you add a task just put the time in the text of the task. Enable text messages on the website and you will get a text reminder when your task is due.
    Thanks! I haven't used the web site much, as yet. Just signed up recently.

Regards,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    I keep getting "A call to RTM API failed. Please try authenticating again." every time I click on Authenticate... I just restarted and same problem.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by gianthobbit View Post
    I keep getting "A call to RTM API failed. Please try authenticating again." every time I click on Authenticate... I just restarted and same problem.
    Yeah, mine stopped working too. I'm pretty sure that RTM has done something to cause this. I just checked the logs and it's throwing a 503 error: "503 Service Temporarily Unavailable". All I can say is try again later. Will keep you updated
    ¡Great! Much needed app Thank you very much
    Quote Originally Posted by d0lph1nK1ng View Post
    Yeah, mine stopped working too. I'm pretty sure that RTM has done something to cause this. I just checked the logs and it's throwing a 503 error: "503 Service Temporarily Unavailable". All I can say is try again later. Will keep you updated
    Haha, we already killed the server!? I could authenticate first time, and now I got an error as well.

Thanks for the app!!! Looks great! Will be trying it out in more depth as soon as things are working again.
    < M105 - M130 - M515 - T|T3 - Clié UX50 - T|x - Pré - Pré 2 - TouchPad 16GB>
    [url]
    ouch! I get the same error message
    just downloaded. Can't authenticate. I'm really looking forward to this app.
    Well, it was a good effort, but I guess it isn't going to be allowed by RTM. Too bad.

I had mine working earlier, the program anyway, but it would not actually retrieve any tasks. It showed my categories, but when I tried to select one, I got nothing but the hourglass, so to speak.
    sorry, but maybe i'm missing something. After downloading I get an error when trying to authenticate: A call to the RTM API failed. Uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted, ddn't seem to help. Any ideas?

I'm thrilled you've created this app, and I'm really looking forward to trying it out!
  13.    #33  
    Hi James,

I'm writing regarding your Palm Pre app at:

http://dolphinking-software.com/wordpress/rtm/

And listed on PreCentral.net at:

http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/rtm

Unfortunately I have to let you know that, due to violations of the Remember The Milk API terms, we've had to terminate your access to the Remember The Milk API with API key: 2bf9d967359059e547fdf26fafa675c2

Please review the API terms at:

Remember The Milk - Services / API / Terms of Use

and the included Branding Guidelines:

Remember The Milk - Services / API / Branding Guidelines

Violations of the terms include:

* Use of brand features; an API-using application cannot be named "RTM" ("When creating a feature or product utilizing the Remember The Milk APIs, the name of the feature or product cannot use Remember The Milk, RTM, or other Remember The Milk Brand Features in the name of the software or feature.")

* Use of the Remember The Milk logo ("You may not use the Remember The Milk logo, in whole or in part, without specific written permission from Remember The Milk. You may not use the Remember The Milk "cow" logo as an icon for your software or feature.")

* The design of the application appears to replicate i.rememberthemilk.com; using the API for an application that replicates or attempts to replace the essential user experience of Remember The Milk applications is against the API terms.

While unfortunately we've had to terminate this API key, you're more than welcome to apply for new API keys for future applications that use the Remember The Milk API (provided, of course, that you ensure that any future development complies with the API terms).

Thanks!

Regards,
    Omar

--
    Remember The Milk
    Remember The Milk: Online to do list and task management
  14.    #34  
    So basically I need to make this app look more unpolished, remove cool features, and name it something else so that no one will recognize what this app does. Until then, I have removed the download.

as for a new name i'm thinking like CowTasks or DKTasks or something. i don't think "webOS App for Remember the Milk" will fit in the top-left Pre menu tab, lol
    Bummer. I suggest you look at the Astrid app on Android. It's a standalone tasks app, but can sync with RTM. That's allowed, though only as open source.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
  16.    #36  
    alright. new app IPK posted v0.1.1, now re-branded to CowTasks and minus mobile view. please let me know if you can download the new IPK or i have to resubmit to precentral
    I downloaded the new one.
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I downloaded the new one.
    great, thanks for the heads up. hopefully this version differentiates from the last enough to please RTM
    hey and it works great. I see the changes you made but it really does just what you need. The button you removed only gave you a 15 day trial so no big losss.
    I still think you should approach them about developing their "official" app like they have for iPhone and Android.

What you put together has plenty of value.
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast