Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
    This looks great! Any chance we can get a rough availability date?
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hboisvert View Post
    What he said!

I've been chomping at the bit for this for a while!

By the way - the other great thing would be webOS notifications...
    Ok I haven't been around this discussion in a while. Is this different than the RTFM I have on my phone now? Because those shots look very different than what's on my Pre, and might I add, look great! Guess I need to look around some more. And yes, incorporating everything into the calendar would be nice!

Oh, and I agree! Notifications, I think is a must somewhere on the app's roadmap!
    Last edited by headgamer; 05/09/2010 at 07:09 AM.
    Take a look at CloudTasks in Preware, it is close to ideal for what I need from a RTM client.
    very cool updates! How can we get them?
    Thanks everyone for the encouragement! Definitely nice to see I'm not the only one who wants this up and running

Quote Originally Posted by hboisvert View Post
    No idea on availability yet I'll try my best to make it as quick as possible.

I'll start committing stuff to launchpad.net this week, though initially it'll be very rough. I'll see about getting this into the beta feeds as soon as possible. I know there are going to be font sizing & hit area size issues on device that I'll have to adjust for. Also, I think I've painted myself into a corner on some of the detail views. Just have to tweak as we go and test.

Quote Originally Posted by shmoo27 View Post
    What he said!

I've been chomping at the bit for this for a while!

By the way - the other great thing would be webOS notifications...
    Thanks! Notifications are a definite for future releases. Any thoughts on what you'd like to see? I have some ideas to take it beyond just due date notification and I'd love to hear yours.

Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    Ok I haven't been around this discussion in a while. Is this different than the RTFM I have on my phone now? Because those shots look very different than what's on my Pre, and might I add, look great! Guess I need to look around some more. And yes, incorporating everything into the calendar would be nice!

Oh, and I agree! Notifications, I think is a must somewhere on the app's roadmap!
    CowTasks and RTFM are branches of the same source, d0lph1nK1ng's excellent initial RTM app. I kind of lurked around for a while to see what happened with the project, but had a lot of ideas on how to streamline the app so decided to just go for it. I'm not sure if I'd call this CowTasks v2 or anything, just wanted to consolidate as much as possible in a single screen. I also really wanted local storage so on the back end I've been focusing on that as well as getting everything ready for future enhancements (like location maps )

Agreed on notifications and calendar. I'll take a look to see what kind of options I can come up with for calendar integration.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob600 View Post
    Take a look at CloudTasks in Preware, it is close to ideal for what I need from a RTM client.
    Definitely a yes from me as well on CloudTasks. There's some similarities in what CowTasks and CloudTasks are trying to accomplish in the UI, highly recommend it as a RTM app.

Quote Originally Posted by bausti25 View Post
    very cool updates! How can we get them?
    Not public yet, since I haven't committed anything to launchpad.net yet, but the original source (plus all future code changes) are at:

https://launchpad.net/cowtasks

I'll be adding a road map as it develops. Also, I'll be throwing out more A/B type concepts for further interface enhancements. There's a couple items (like list sorting) that I haven't figured out the best option for and would love to hear feedback.

Other than that I've got some neat things I want to do, but keep the ideas coming in this thread and if you feel like it propose a blueprint on launchpad.net

Thanks again everyone!

Nate
    Looks good any work appreciated. Frusterating that rtm has not helped out. I am really enjoying cloud tasks in the meantime
  8.    #208  
    @darthmario, very impressive new UI
    Quote Originally Posted by d0lph1nK1ng View Post
    @darthmario, very impressive new UI
    Thanks!

I also want to thank you for open sourcing CowTasks. If you hadn't, I probably wouldn't ever have gotten around to really working on webOS applications.
    I like it.
    This is the stickiest situation since Sticky the Stick Insect got stuck on a sticky bun.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    These screen designs are FANTASTIC!!! This will easily be one of the NICEST looking homebrew apps out there. A+++ I cannot wait for this to be functional. As a matter of fact of I have a nice donation waiting for when this app gets out there and looks like this ... *officially chomping at the bit*
    Quote Originally Posted by kingmesal View Post
    These screen designs are FANTASTIC!!! This will easily be one of the NICEST looking homebrew apps out there. A+++ I cannot wait for this to be functional. As a matter of fact of I have a nice donation waiting for when this app gets out there and looks like this ... *officially chomping at the bit*
    Thanks! Interface is becoming functional on my end, so hopefully not too much longer before a version is ready for use. I'll be spending quality time this weekend (starting Friday morning woohoo!) I expect good progress to be made.
    Is there any way to have background notifications? I know RTM sends SMS's and e-mails, but an option for background notifications somehow would be awesome. Don't know if that's possible, though. Although, from what I've seen all you developers do with WebOS, it seems like anything is possible, darn near.

Love your new UI mock-ups and can hardly wait to have it!

/Kevin
    I'm definitely exploring what's possible notifications. I'm playing around with a few ideas... one idea I'd like to implement is a quick complete / postpone notification for a dated task. I'm not 100% sure when it would be implemented, it's lower priority than new UI and local storage, but higher priority than location based tasks.

You're pretty much spot on, while there are limitations for what you can do with webOS, but they've covered a lot of the bases on what people would like to do (plus keep adding more) and with a little creative thinking you can accomplish amazing things.
    I need a good to-do list manager. This like its worth trying.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    nice app, thanks!
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    So, I know that RTM supports attaching a location to a task. I know there is another application called GeoStrings which gives location based notifications. What if, as an extended future piece of functionality exposing location notifications for tasks?... Anyways, I just wanted to throw that out there, because not having a centralized shared backing store has prevented from even trying to use GeoStrings. Just a thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by kingmesal View Post
    So, I know that RTM supports attaching a location to a task. I know there is another application called GeoStrings which gives location based notifications. What if, as an extended future piece of functionality exposing location notifications for tasks?... Anyways, I just wanted to throw that out there, because not having a centralized shared backing store has prevented from even trying to use GeoStrings. Just a thought!
    Yep Yep! I definitely want location based features. It's the kind of awesome stuff these phones should be doing and it's the future all those sci-fi shows promised us

Initially it will support just locations set on RTM proper and once that's working I'll add setting event locations to the prog itself. Long term I'd love to extend the functionality beyond specific address and to more general terms like "Best Buy" or "Supermarket" and have notifications for tasks you can complete when you get in range of a nearby item that matches the description. Of course that's blue sky thinking, may not be possible or if it is may be a huge power drain ... so I'm not promising anything yet

Keep the awesome suggestions coming!
    Any news on when updated app will be available? Looking forward to seeing new and updated feature set and UI. Anxiously waiting....
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    Any news on when updated app will be available? Looking forward to seeing new and updated feature set and UI. Anxiously waiting....
    I should be able to give some more solid dates on availability after the weekend. If I had to guess at the most it would be sometime in the next two weeks. I should be able to get a lot done this weekend as well as the coming week, I've blocked out a ton of time to work on this as I want this app as much as everyone else.

I should really start giving some progress updates on here so I don't keep everyone in the dark. I will say one thing, the top header area was kind of pain to get working correctly, but it's doing what I want it to now (for the most part.) I'm tackling taming the css on the tasks lists & tasks this weekend.

In case anyone is interested ... I've also been working with this:

onecrayon's database-webos at master - GitHub

pretty nifty!
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast