Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    I did noticed that if a list contains a repeated event, it will not load.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonsdad View Post
    I did noticed that if a list contains a repeated event, it will not load.
    This explains why I have a long list of tasks (>50 items) that loads properly whereas shorter lists (with repeating tasks) don't. I hope this can be fixed.
    Last edited by STBXXL; 03/03/2010 at 06:00 PM.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    The only lists that load for me are smart lists, te rest just produce the spinning wheel.
    1.4 seems to have made i.rememberthemilk.com kind of glitchy, and I'm now dying for this app to be developed a little more. Wormdood, I'd be happy to pitch in on this if you want a hand. Had a look at the API docs and I can make a pretty good guess as to the problem with recurring tasks. I'm big on locations as contexts, too, so I'd love to get that added. With those two things and storing in a db instead of cookies for speed I think this would make my life better.
    Hi,
    I was able to install this app from the Palm USA link.

I will post feedback shortly from using the app but first comment has to be

"Well done for making this available!"

My next comment/question would be - can any else get the Calendar on the Palm to Sync successfully with RTM over the Google calendar?

Regards,
    Steve.
    This is the stickiest situation since Sticky the Stick Insect got stuck on a sticky bun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobraextreme View Post
    1.4 seems to have made i.rememberthemilk.com kind of glitchy, and I'm now dying for this app to be developed a little more. Wormdood, I'd be happy to pitch in on this if you want a hand. Had a look at the API docs and I can make a pretty good guess as to the problem with recurring tasks. I'm big on locations as contexts, too, so I'd love to get that added. With those two things and storing in a db instead of cookies for speed I think this would make my life better.
    Any report as to how RTFM is working under WebOS 1.4.1.1 ? (I am a Verizon customer and still waiting for the WebOS update). Did that take care of the move forward gesture problem?

Must say, I love this app and the direction RTFM is heading! Was up until the wee hours setting up an RTM account - getting it working with my GMail and Google Calendar accounts, then finally installing RTFM beta and was very pleased to see *MY* task list show up on my Palm Pre Plus, ready for either editing or just about anything except notation.

Edited: OBTW, installed the RTFM app via Preware, absolutely smooth.
    Last edited by oldgeekster; 04/06/2010 at 02:36 PM.
    I just get the spinning wheel and cannot display any tasks. Even in Today view without any tasks due, its a spinning wheel.
    So other than the ability to add tasks it's not very functional for me.
    i.rmilk.com and m.rmilk.com work for me in 1.4.1
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    I just get the spinning wheel and cannot display any tasks. Even in Today view without any tasks due, its a spinning wheel.
    So other than the ability to add tasks it's not very functional for me.
    i.rmilk.com and m.rmilk.com work for me in 1.4.1
    Hmmm... palmdoc2005 I am not having *any* problems like that - all of my lists show, including the custom lists I added like "Family", "Errands", "Someday", etc., the empty ones give the spinner then the app tells me words to the effect that there are no entries yet.

The app is FAR superior to m.rmilk.com for me... Just used it to "complete" a ToDo item before logging back into this thread....

While this sounds like it may be an authorization problem between your device and your RTM account to me - I have to admit I am constantly using WiFi these days (connecting automatically to hotspots at my "normal" hangouts). Haven't really tried using RTFM in 3G only - what is your RF "environment"?

~~~

For me the "repeating events" bug is not a killer - I simply quit using them until the app gets fixed to handle them. In the mean time - having this available is taking me back to the satisfaction I used to get carrying around the ToDo list on my old Palm m-130! Something that I have looked back upon as a very fond memory indeed!
    Last edited by oldgeekster; 04/06/2010 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Corrected to read "repeating events" bug
    @oldgeekster

Hi oldgeekster.

Are you seeing your RTM tasks showing up on the Palm Calendar app on their due day? Currently I am not.

I am seeing a yellow (default colour) task entry for each day on the Palm Calendar for RTM tasks. However they are all currently empty no matter what tasks I have down to complete on a particular day. This is the only glitch I can currently find with Palm/RTM.

Having said that, this is not a problem with the RTFM app which is also running quite well for me so far.

This is the stickiest situation since Sticky the Stick Insect got stuck on a sticky bun.
    SMCVarno, "Are you seeing your RTM tasks showing up on the Palm Calendar app on their due day? Currently I am not."

Err. No, I am not - but then I didn't expect to. I wanted to see my RTM list displayed in its own app. When I load RTFM beta - I get it. To my knowledge RTM doesn't share/sync data with the Palm calendar app (yet)?

I can use GOOGLE lists associated with the Google Calendar to create the effect you described, but not RTM.

Sure hope I understood your question - but that is what I am seeing. For me the integration of my "ToDo List (RTM)" within my calendar isn't really desirable for my purposes.
    Last edited by oldgeekster; 04/07/2010 at 01:22 PM.
    @oldgeekster

You understood perfectly.

My issue is one outside of the RTFM app. It has to do with Google/RTM and Palm Calendar sync.

I have the Palm Pre Calendar app sync'd with with my Google account calendar. This works fine.

For Google calendar I have added the RTM Daily and sidebar gadgets. Again, these all look fine when I view my Google calendar with my browser on the laptop/desktop.

Now, when I look at my Palm Pre calendar I can see that there is an RTM task icon at the start of each day. However, none of the entries from the RTM task list (which shows up fine on Google calendar ) has made it onto the Palm Pre calendar i.e. it is always empty.

Again, this is not an issue with RTFM but a general Google/RTM/Palm issue that I would LOVE to get resolved.

It would be great to know if anyone has got this working.
    Quote Originally Posted by smcvarno View Post
    @oldgeekster

You understood perfectly.

My issue is one outside of the RTFM app. It has to do with Google/RTM and Palm Calendar sync. //snipped for brevity\\
    Yep thats a bit off topic for this thread. Probably should be pursued on the RTM forums.
    T'was the first place I tried

Was hoping that some bod on this thread of Palm/RTM users had come across the same issue!
    I found this discussion on the RTM forums.

Now, this is regarding the same issue but on the Android platform. I applied the same fix though and I am making progress.

I have encountered a few issues but they seem to be Google issues as opposed to Palm.

The long and short of it is that I am now seeing RTM tasks individually appearing on my Palm Pre Calendar app
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgeekster View Post
    Yep thats a bit off topic for this thread. Probably should be pursued on the RTM forums.
    However, I would suggest that a long term functionality addition WOULD include calendar integration so that tasks show up on the Pre's calendar on the due date.

The current Google calendar RTM integration is never going to work on the Pre since it kicks off some code to launch a sub-window showing the list of them due for that day, rather than a separate calendar entry for each task.
    @rpiatt

Agreed with longer term view that RTM app for the Palm Pre should see the task display integrated with the Palm Pre Calendar.

On your second point, the link I posted previously does see RTM tasks appear individually as daily tasks on your Google calendar and no in a sub-window.
    Quote Originally Posted by rpiatt View Post
    However, I would suggest that a long term functionality addition WOULD include calendar integration so that tasks show up on the Pre's calendar on the due date.

The current Google calendar RTM integration is never going to work on the Pre since it kicks off some code to launch a sub-window showing the list of them due for that day, rather than a separate calendar entry for each task.
    Which would be fine with me as long as I could switch it off. As explained to Steve on the RTM forums, I am one of those who mentally keep Events & Appointments separate from ToDo (GTD) tasks.

(In the mean time, (if I am understanding correctly), "You can subscribe to your iCalendar feed so that Google Calendar can stay up-to-date with your Remember The Milk tasks. Your tasks will be displayed on the calendar on the date they are due.").
    nice, glad to see someone has an RTM app in the works. Any way to have sort of an offline mode like cloud tasks: niksilver.com Cloud Tasks ?
    thanks a lot ! i love RTM
    Hey everyone,

I've been spending time rethinking the interface on this as well as some of the code for this app. Of course this is all thanks to d0lph1nK1ng for starting work on this and making it opensource (and extra thanks to mumak for getting it up on launchpad)

Anyway, the mockups should show where this is going with the UX. My biggest thing is local storage and syncing. Eventually the idea is to support everything that RTM makes available in their API. Also, this will remain on launchpad, free, open source and will stick with the original name CowTasks.

Feel Free to give feedback. Couple notes on these images:

1. These are very prelim, expect the font sizes & layout to change... I build and tweak as I use it on the phone.
    2. I'm trying to stick to keeping this as webOS like as possible.
    3. Feel free to offer ideas and suggestions and when the new code goes up on launchpad contribute!

Without further ado:

Main task list:

Viewing a task list:

New task list:

New task:

New task - add details (tap items to reveal form fields):

Task details (underlined items are edited like the add details above):

Edit main task items (tap and hold to reveal form fields):

Choose List View:

Choose List View: