Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Hi there... Not sure if this has been answered, but is there an easy way to change the link that gets sent (SMS or EMAIL) to the US version of google maps? I am sorry if this has been asked before and it is not a huge deal, just wondering if I am missing something here.
  2.    #162  
    Tried just yesterday and it worked. Maybe it depends on the number of points? How long is your track?

About gmaps: will use .com in the nxt version.
    Hi there,

First off this seems a great app, just what I'm after to track my cycling Many many thanks. I'm having a bit of difficulty finding the option to export to a GPX file? Is this manual or automatic?

Many thanks
  4.    #164  
    you need the FileMgr installed, then you tap the zoom value, List Tracks, tap on the track and select Send track. This will save your track as gpx.

Regards
    Henk
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
  5.    #165  
    Ok, I prepare a new update:

* I fixed the display bugs
    * Targets can be exported as .loc file (either as file or email, like tracks)
    * working on a fix for exporting long tracks (track > 1000 points take too long to save, WebOS 1.4 cancels the saving on its own)
    * Added an option to force emailing (as a small workaround until JayCanuck gets the FileMgr fixed)
    * Fixed the way targets are handled when used as arguments (From GeoCaching or TravelGuide)
    * Added a splash screen
    * Uses google.com instead of google.de for sending links

I think I will submit this update tonight, means it will be published in the middle of the week.
    Hi, thanks, this app is Really great!
    973 405 176
    Superb! Thanks for the update.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by VanityXVicious View Post
    973 405 176
    I think you want this:
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...-palm-pre.html
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    Hi,
    first off all: "THANKS for this great app!" I just love it, but I have a question. I wanted to import my POI-File for LPG-Gas-Stations. Thus I converted it to a .loc file and copied it into the MapTool-folder. In "Targets" I click .loc, select the file, but nothing happens.

How can I import POI-Data?

Thanks

Marcel
  11.    #171  
    Could you send the file to me by email?
    Hey MetaView!!

Anytime you'd like to fix the +-89 longitude bug in JTileDownloader (specifically the one dealing with -89, -88).... I'm ready.

Just wanted to let you know. ... in case you thought I couldn't handle it.
  13.    #173  
    sry, I forgot about. Next day is weekend, I will remember it.
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    Could you send the file to me by email?
    Hi,

I`ll send it to your Email I found on your Homepage.

Thanks

LinuxQ
    Hi,

first, thanks for this great piece of software! I really like it.

And now my problem:
    MapTool des not get a GPS fix while I have a data connection. It alsways shows error: 150m, even after 15min. Very strange... as soon as I disable WLAN and data the GPS is working. In other applications like Google Maps and Minimap I get a fix quite fast, even with data enabled. But in MapTool there is no fix even when the other apps running at the same time have a fix. I am using MapTool 1.0.0 and WebOS 1.4.

What am I doing wrong? Or is this a bug?

EDIT: Just tested it again. And as soon as I enable WIFI the fix is gone, error back at 150m. Google Maps and Minimap still working with GPS fix.
  16.    #176  
    @seko: that's strange, 150m sounds more like Wifi-based location from Google. Here it works, but I don't usually in a reach of a Wifi network outside my building. I will look at this part and increase the requested accuracy.
    Hey MetaView, really like your App, but have some problems.

When I use MapTool to record my running, everything works fine. I usually run for maximum 1 hour, and there is no problem.

Few days ago I used it for cycling. Started with the CycleMap Renderer and 70% battery left. After roughly 1.5 hours, the battery was drained and the track lost. I thought this is probably because of the map tiles still being transfered even if the screen is black?

So today I updated to ver 1.0 and switched the renderer to offline (with no Maps whatsoever on the device, I just want a GPS track log). Battery was full, Wifi and 3G data disabled, just GPS and 2G turned on. After roughly 2.5 hours I got home and had a look on the device: The last fix was about 20 minutes after I started, so there was no track logged and the buttons were completely dearranged. See picture below.

Can you tell me what the best settings for MapTool would be concerning Wifi, 3G and all that stuff? For how long should the device be able to log a track? Are maps transfered when the screen is off? Can you offer an "alternate view", which turns the rendering off and just shows some GPS data, like traveled distance, time traveled, climbed meters, speed and such; a kind of cycle computer with the option to look at a map only when needed?
    Attached Images Attached Images
  18.    #178  
    Yes, will add it.
    Quote Originally Posted by hux View Post
    Battery was full, Wifi and 3G data disabled, just GPS and 2G turned on. After roughly 2.5 hours I got home and had a look on the device: The last fix was about 20 minutes after I started, so there was no track logged and the buttons were completely dearranged. See picture below.
    hux...

This thread might help you get a more accurate GPS reading when riding near fringe coverage areas.

Quote Originally Posted by hux View Post
    Can you offer an "alternate view", which turns the rendering off and just shows some GPS data, like traveled distance, time traveled, climbed meters, speed and such; a kind of cycle computer with the option to look at a map only when needed?
    That's a really awesome idea. I could get A TON of use from that!!
    So i completed the standalone GPS enabling and I'm using version 1.0.0 and sure enough it locked down after 1000 entries.

Is this (the size restriction) something new to the 1.4 update? I ask as I have GPX logs from earlier version of MapTool that have upwards of 2500 points recorded.

In thinking about this limitation I wonder if it might just be easier to add a setting for interval of sampling. IIRC, it's set at 10sec. intervals. being able to adjust it to 1 minute intervals would still give a pretty accurate trail and increase the total usable recording time from 85 minutes to what? eight and a half hours?

another possible fix is to autostart another track when the size reaches that critical limit. it would be kind of clugey, but you can recompile them together on a PC after the fact to see the total route.

Just my 2 cents.

it's a great tool already, if you can bypass this last little problem I'll be able to leave my regular GPS behind and save on the weight; which is everything to an ultralight backpacker. Many thanks for your efforts
Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast