Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
  1.    #141  
    * endless tracking (logging?) was broken, works now
    * UI reworked
    * if you remove the target database you will get one with a unique key over position/name, which wil prevent you from multiple entries from "Geocaching for WebOS" app and "TravelGuide" app
    Hi Henk,

I'm really liking your app, especially the no sleep feature. I tested on the way to lunch today and seems to work flawlessly. I'm using offline maps so I can run in airplane mode and still use the GPS without consuming much power. The one thing I can't figure out is how to create compatible offline tiles from an image. I tried MapTiler at maptiler.org but it doesn't seem to use the same numbering scheme. Do you know of any tools that can create a tile set from one georeferenced image?

Thanks
  3.    #143  
    The only way to create offline maps is the jtiledownloader, which saves OSM tiles for offline use.
    Greetings, MetaView!!

I've been glancing at this thread for the longest time after somebody recommended I check it out about a month ago. I had no idea how to use it and still don't.

Before, I just balked when staring at JTileDownloader. Today, I try it again, but at least I'm getting somewhere!

Let's see where I'm going wrong, tho...

• Go to OpenStreetMap and click Export.
      • Zoom to appropriate level.
      • Select "Manually select a different area".
      • Click and Drag box over desired latitude, longitude range.
    • Copy min/max lat/long ranges to JTileDownloader's Main/Bounding Box tab.
    • Download Zoom Levels as "12,13,14,15,16,17,18".
    • What are the different servers?? Osmarender, Mapnik, CycleMap, OpenPisteMap, Maplint, CloudMade, etc... ??
    • How can I use the Main/PasteURL (Square) tab??
    • Will I need to use the "Export Tileset" button?? ... or only the Download Tiles button??

Anyway... using the Main/Bounding Box tab, I thought I was doing it right... but just looking at the pics it downloaded I don't see my address, or anywhere familiar in my hometown!! ... tho it does seem to be somewhere in my state.

I selected [what I thought is] a fairly large range --

Min Lat ~ 30.241
    Max Lat ~ 30.722
    Min Long ~ -89.627
    Max Long ~ -88.404

Perhaps the Main/PasteURL (Square) could help me with the issue I'm seeing??

EDIT: On second thought... The PasteURL (Square) tab won't be able to help me, because I live on the Mississippi Coast... and I don't want it downloading a bunch of blue tiles. I guess I need the Bounding Box tab to work... but it is only downloading 408 tiles at Level 18 for those ranges that I'm giving it. Something's not right.
    Without a doubt, there is a bug in JTileDownloader for the lat/long range given.

One thing that I do notice is that there's only one folder underneath the zoom level folder (which would be '18') -- 69139. After figuring out how to do the PasteURL (Square) feature with 5 km... it is definitely downloading multiple tiles.

So the problem is that JTileDownloader is having issues with my negative Longitude ranges. I saw this issue mentioned earlier in the thread, but I thought it was for MapTool and not JTileDownloader.

Any help with this would be much appreciated...
  6.    #146  
    JTileDownloader had a bug with longitudes smaller/greater than -/+89.. Degrees. Please look some posts back, I Thought, I fixed it. Will try your approach later on.
    The servers are different map renderer, some of them are selectable in MapTool and on OpenStreetMap.org (upper right corner in the map) too. Just check them out and use what produce the best result in your opinion.
    Yup... definitely a bug. I was using 0.4, but then downloaded 0.5-pre and still got the same resulted. I've downloaded every vesion of 0.5-pre at every place I can find it... everywhere except the SVN. So if you've got a direct link to something I don't know about... please share!

Still getting the problem in "Bounding Box" with all the different versions. Strange tilesets that I'm not exactly sure where they're coming from, but they are somewhere within a 30 mile radius or so... I know that. And all these tiles are downloading to ONE folder underneath the zoom level folder, so that means all are of the same latitude, I'm thinking.

Here's the newest set of coordinates I used...

Min Lat ~ 30.301
    Max Lat ~ 30.528
    Min Long ~ -89.298
    Max Long ~ -88.768

And even when trying Paste URL with a few kms... I literally got NOTHING but blue tiles. Using this method gets numerous folders under the zoom level folder.... but they're all blue! That's with the 0.4 versions. With 0.5-pre, I'm honestly not even getting but like four "expected" tiles (at zoom level 18!!) with a 5 km range from this location...

OpenStreetMap

... and it's not even letting me attempt to download those 4. Dunno what's going on.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Just a small bug: German "Umlaute" like where not correct shown in cachenames.
    I don't know if it's the new version (0.9.9) or the upgrade to 1.4 webOS (as I did both at pretty much the same time.) but the program isn't tracking very well any more and the text information is "squashed" on the screen.

Just thought I'd pass that along.

I like the program a lot when it's working well, but it has real problems in fringe coverage and I'm a hiker.

That's for your continued effort on improving it.
    karasu...

Are you really sure it's a problem with your application and not the GPS modes that are enabled on your phone by default?? By default, you must have cellular service, which is what I think you mean by "fringe coverage". If that's the case, read here:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ed-cached.html
    I'm also seeing "squashed" text in MapTool with 1.4...
    Yep... display problems in 1.4 for sure...

AWESOME app though!! Thanks for all the work you've done!
  13.    #153  
    The text in the overlays and the sun compass are broke with WebOS 1.4. I work on a fix, probably I will add a separate window with GPS/Location infos and the sun compass. Any wishes for the GPS/Location info?
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Sorry to ask, but I'm lost: Where do I have to put the map tiles for MappingTool to be able to use it for offline navigation?

I created .MapTool in the root directory and downloaded the tiles with JTileDownloader. I get a directory named 12 and a lot of subdirectories with four-digit numbers in which are four-digit png-files.

I just dragged the 12-directory into .MapTool

Is that it? Mapping Tool is not showing any offline map when I change the renderer to offline. Did I miss something?

Greetings, Jost
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    The text in the overlays and the sun compass are broke with WebOS 1.4. I work on a fix, probably I will add a separate window with GPS/Location infos and the sun compass. Any wishes for the GPS/Location info?
    Please use the geocaching-format for the info (N ab cd.efg, E hi jk.lmn).
    After the 1.4 update, the script appears at the top and bottom of extremely small, so it is no longer legible.
  17.    #157  
    Jost: sound good, when you have your Pre as UDB device it should look like

E:\.MapTool\zz\xxxx\yyyy.png

where zz is the zoom factor (1 to 18) and xxxx and yyyy are tile numbers horizontal and vertical.

Palmiga: you know that you can specify the displayed coord format?

@all: There is a bug in the WebOS 1.4.0 which leads to unreadable coords in MapTool (in fact both info bars are unreadable and the sun compass is invisable). I have reported this problem to Palm. Please read here: http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...37#post2268857
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    Jost: sound good, when you have your Pre as UDB device it should look like
    UDB device? You mean when I access the USB-Drive?

E:\.MapTool\zz\xxxx\yyyy.png
    Yup, that's what it looks like.

where zz is the zoom factor (1 to 18) and xxxx and yyyy are tile numbers horizontal and vertical.
    Ahh, now I understand my issue. I have to download the map tiles for each zoom-step again, so each zoom step hat its own folder?

I thought, zoom-level 12 included everything from 1 to 12.

Greetings, Jost
    Last edited by Jost; 03/03/2010 at 04:11 AM. Reason: fixed quote
    Hi Henk,

since the last update the feature to save tracks as gpx files to internal drive seems to be broken. This feature worked fine for me before the update. Internalz is fully working and the folder .MapTool is also present.

Any ideas?
  20.    #160  
    No idea yet, but thank you for pointing me. Will look into it. (oh, oh, the list goes longer and longer.)
Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast