Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Is there a way to download Google Maps tiles isntead of Open Street?
    The reason is that my city isn't fully covered in OS maps.
    Thanks.
    ^^Nope (technically it would be possible with a tone of manual work and I'm talking about a lifetime)
    But, what tile structure is MapTool currently expecting?
    Because there are quite a few open source tools that download tiles from Google Maps, changing file structure of the downloaded files shouldn't be difficult.
    Hi all ,
    I guess I made some mistakes or lost some steps .Maptool does`nt work with the downloaded tiles
    - OS 1.3.1
    - JtileDownloader 0.5pre
    - MapTool 096
    - Directory made .MapTool

my directory structure looks like
    .MapTool
    5660.png
    5661.png
    5662.png
    5663.png

5660.png
    5661.png
    5662.png
    5663.png

and so on , in total I have 960 tile in 25 subdirectories .

Do I have to change the structure or convert the png s ?
    Where can I change in Maptool that the stored tiles have to be used .

Christian
    Sounds like you have things setup correctly to me. To use the map tiles on the phone you need to select offline as your Mapnik type in the preferences screen.
    @cb2710: below the .maptool dir are the dirs named with the zoom levels - integers from 1...17

.MapTool
    pngs...
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Great Tool. Thanx a lot, Henk
    Offline-Mode and Java-Tool for card-dl works great, too.

Some suggestions:

- The offline-cards take to much space in the internal-drive, because of the amont of files. Is the a way to put them together to reduce the needed space? I have 440MB picture who takes 2GB

- I dont like the way to move the shown card (tap on the edge shows a menu first, then move the card). Is there an elegant way to do that?
  8.    #108  
    There is no way to put the offline tiles together, you don't have real access to the files from an App.

The map only shows a small part around your current position. Tapping the map can focus to a new location. Not sure if I will change this soon.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Would be great if the user could choose the size of the shown part around the current position. For geocaching the shown part is to small.

If the actual part is 2x2, 4x4 or 8x8 would be great.

If I tap in the corner, there is allways a menu before it scrolls. Is this a bug or did I make something wrong.
  10.    #110  
    It's 3x3 at the moment.

Why do you tap the corner? Why don't you just slide the map? If you reach the border you will have to tap and recenter the map.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Would be great to change it to 5x5 and 8x8.

I see. How about some arrows in the corner where you could tap on for scrolling. Would be more ellegant.
    updated to OS 1.3.5.2 , modified the directory structure iaw SK64`s advise ,
    works perfect , made 12 and 15 tiles .
    I found another directory Maptool in the same path as .Maptool , what is this used for ?
  13.    #113  
    'MapTool' is the old directory used be MapTool. But it wasn't created by MapTool can't create directories.
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    0.9.2 is online. Please test it. The best thing it will create real gpx files on your device (using the FileMgr from CanuckSoftware). At the moment it will allow to send this as email. Next will allow the upload to OSM.
    HOW? I really can't figure out whether where the gpx file is stored nor how to send it via eMail. Please describe it. I am tired of c'n'p-ing my biking logs 4 times a week.

PS: Your App is great, but the UI is really "reworkable".
  15.    #115  
    start logging: press the 'step' button, it's green when it logs your track. Press the send button to save/send your current track. When it was saved it will tell you the name, if the FileMgr isn't there it will not save but you have the log in the email body. That's it.
    The FileMgr definitely is there(both installed via Preware), but it just puts the data into the body of the Email. Is there any configuration Work to do?
    Last edited by Tetraden; 02/11/2010 at 08:59 AM.
  17.    #117  
    Does Internalz work? Here I can just press send current track and it work. It saves the file and allows then to send it as email. The file is then attached.
    Internalz works great. I am using it frequently to delete unwanted browserdownloads.
    I really don't like this Problem. :/
  19.    #119  
    One more idea: have you the .MapTool folder in the internal drive?
    Internalz works good, I am using it frequently to delete unwanted browser downloads.