Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
  1.    #81  
    Weird, it seems to be somewhere here: OpenStreetMap
    The Downloader seems to have some issues with negative coords? I have no clue. I will check it.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    Weird, it seems to be somewhere here: OpenStreetMap
    The Downloader seems to have some issues with negative coords? I have no clue. I will check it.
    Ok thanks. That's definitively not the coordinates I feed the downloader with the OSM Permlink (see my post #78).
    Version 0.9.5: The zoom level stays on a fixed number (e.g. 13) while tapping on "+" or "-".
    Download from OSM-Renderers needs longer times (maybe networking problem...)
    Creating the .MapTool directory was only possible from terminal, not in USB-Mode (dot-Directories are not accepted...)
  4.    #84  
    thx, will fix the zoom level. About the dot, I don't know how to handle this. I could try to create the folder using the FileMgr, but that means you would need to have it installed. Another one: if you just copy a .MapTool folder to the internal drive does this work? Without the dot the WebOS-FileIndexer starts to index all the map tiles, also not a solution.
    Great stuff, thanks for the feedback. I guess I need to change the offline map folder struct in the next update: zoom/x-tile/y-tile.png
    WebOS seems to have issues with too many files insied one folder. Then it could be also usefull to create missing zoom levels by zooming existing tiles. I will check it later.
    FWIW, with the old file structure (all in one folder, I had 5000 map tiles and about 300meg) and it was working fine.

I'll re-download tiles with new folder structure then... thanks for good release notes! I wasn't left to wonder why my offline maps weren't working after the 0.9.5 update
    Great stuff, thanks for the feedback. I guess I need to change the offline map folder struct in the next update: zoom/x-tile/y-tile.png
    WebOS seems to have issues with too many files insied one folder. Then it could be also usefull to create missing zoom levels by zooming existing tiles. I will check it later.
    at this page...
    L\’Haut-Parleur MapTool 0.9.1 for WebOS

you say... "Offline maps can be created using this adapted Java tool from here: Tool for offline download: here"

JTileDownloader - OpenStreetMap

But at this point is it not an "adapted" Java tool anymore, right? ... it's just the standard JTileDownloader 0-4-0. Right?
  7.    #87  
    Right, it is now the standard tool. But the tool seems to have a bug with negative longitudes(?). I will debug it during the next days.
    I can't figure out how to get a .MapTool directory onto the Pre internal dive.

Connected to USB on my XP PC I get a dialog box saying "you must type a file name"

Trying to create a .MapTool directory on my PC harddrive gives me the same error.

Is there a set of terminal commands I can use? I'm not real good on linux unix by myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by hans2vt View Post
    I can't figure out how to get a .MapTool directory onto the Pre internal dive.

Connected to USB on my XP PC I get a dialog box saying "you must type a file name"

Trying to create a .MapTool directory on my PC harddrive gives me the same error.

Is there a set of terminal commands I can use? I'm not real good on linux unix by myself.
    wow that was easy... something like this
    Launch Terminal app..
    cd /media
    cd internal
    mkdir .MapTool
  10.    #90  
    Ok, I found the bug in JTileDownload. You will find here the fixed version: L\’Haut-Parleur WebOS: MapTool 0.9.6 on PreCentral, Wikay 1.0.1 in the AppCatalog, Match This! Pro in the AppCatalog
    Now, I'm going to update MapTool to 0.9.6
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Thanks for fixing JTileDownloader. I can confirm that it now works also for me here in California.
    Right, it is now the standard tool. But the tool seems to have a bug with negative longitudes(?). I will debug it during the next days.
    the old JTileDownloader-0-4-0 worked just fine for me here in Vermont. I'm not sure if I should bother getting the new tool. my offline maps I downloaded and used with 0.9.5 worked just fine earlier today at Sugarbush.
  13.    #93  
    Longitudes were clipped at +/-89 degrees. And the new version is the actual developer snapshot which has slightly more ftrs/bugfixes than the previous 0.4. Sadly it is unreleased since many month.
  14.    #94  
    Next update will have SMS compatible to YouPosition.it:
    Buchladen - Trekking - MetaView

Thx to Christian for telling me.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Hi Henk,

in case you're still looking for new features :-)
    1. Could you please add also an optional moon compass (besides the already existing sun compass).
    2. It would be then also helpful to optionally show rise and set time for both, sun and moon (and possibly related locations or directions).

I'm an avid photographer and this information would be very helpful as the best light is usually at the magic hour (around sunrise or sunset and/or moon rise).

Cheers.
    cool app...works great. Any plans to support English units along with Metric?
  17.    #97  
    Thx, just added it. Will submit it to the AppCatalog tonight.
  18.    #98  
    Just a small update: MapTool 0.9.7 is submitted to the AppCatalog and already in the review process. I hope it will come soon to a successfull end. Imperial and metric units are now included as well as import of loc, kml and gpx files. There is also a real help scene which will describe the buttons and options in the command bar. 0.9.7 will still stop unattended logging after 15 minutes when the device goes to sleep. The no doze patch can help.
    I test here at the moment a version which will allow endless logging. I will update on the AppCatalog when the app is approved.
    I appologize that I want to drive uploads to the AppCatalog during the February. In March I will continue to regulary send updates to Precentral.net again.
  19.    #99  
    MapTool is published in the AppCatalog. Give me a week to prepare the update (I'm skiing in the alps at the moment). Don't forget to check out Geocaching for webos aka PreCaching. Both make anice couple for geocacher.
    This app is wonderful. Going to Vienna and Prague this spring and now I don't need to buy Europe maps for my Garmin. You should charge a little something for this app, I'm sure I'm not the only person that would be will to give you some compensation for your hard work.
Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast