Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
  1.    #61  
    MapTool postpones the power off of the device. It only works for 15 minutes. Means you have to wake up the device at least every 15 minutes to prevent it to power off. As long as the device is on and MapTool runs (also in the background on a card), MapTool will capture your position. Regardless if it can update the map or not.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    By waking up the device, do you mean the gps device? And how do I do that, just by opening maptools again so that it does another fix? For me, at the first part of my way, it worked perfectly. Then, after some time, it only updates when I take my palm out of my pocket, fixes a position again and updates my track. But after that, it doesnt seem to track my position any more, just when I take it out of my pocket and get the pre out of sleep mode. Note that it worked perfectly fine in my pocket for the first 15 or so minutes. So do I have to do anything else to wake up the device? But thanks for the app, so far it's the best working tracking app I could find for the pre! great work .

btw this is a part of the way that has been logged. You can see the spots where I took it out of my pocket again, where it just fixed one point (in the light blue part of the way).

http://www.kompf.de/trekka/index.php...ize_track=true
    The Problem, that not all files of the offline-map can be stored at the Palm Pre Media-Partition is not a problem of WebOS. It is a problem that is caused by the restrictions of the FAT32-file system. It would be nice, if there could be a solution.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Thank you for explaining my problem, this means that I have to wake it up every 15 mins while running with hot and sweaty hands in summer. Can I suggest that you provide an option to say how long it takes before it sleeps? I was running for over 2 1/2 hrs. You have set 15 mins by default already. Thanks if you can do this, as I have used similar loggers on my Centro via bluetooth, and they can go for this amount of time. I think you have done a good job!
  5.    #65  
    The API docs say, 15 min is the maximum you can set. But IIRC there was some solution with a certain app ID. I Need to search for it.
    BTW: Which solution do you use on your Centro?
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Trekbuddy and GPS/J with BT-359W Bluetooth GPS Receiver
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    @Frankk: Thx, tell me how it worked for you.
    It worked fine, but I missed the possibility to save the log.
    Btw I preferred the way MojoTrack works saving every X seconds the location to the app db.

I ended up keeping both apps open.
  8.    #68  
    The position is saved every 10 seconds in the db. You just can't access the older logs atm.
  9.    #69  
    The position is saved every 10 seconds in the db. You just can't access the older logs atm.
  10.    #70  
    0.9.4 is online. Please download.
    Cool, found it!
    Ready to be extracted!!

Thank you.
  12.    #72  
    Hi Frank, old Doomer Time for Duke3Pre
    Hi Frank, old Doomer Time for Duke3Pre
    I think i have to edit my signature...
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    upgrade feature to look at old tracks is good.
    0.9.4 is online. Please download.
    Fantastic! Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Nice app. Thank you!

I went to get the map tool downloader and your site says I must register but I must be missing something obvious because I don't see where to register.

About timeout, can't you just run the Nodoze patch?
  17.    #77  
    Update to 0.9.5: now the maps are in the folder .MapTool/ which prevents the map tiles to appear in the Photo-App. Using pictures was almost impossible. Remember the leading dotr and use this tool: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/JTileDownloader to download the map tiles. That's it. More stuff around the old tracks comes soon.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    I downloaded the JTILEDownloader but can't get it to work. I get the Permlink (OSM Permlink Example) from OSM and paste it into the Paste URL: line. However, the tiles I get after I press Download Tiles are only blue. What else does need to be set?

Thanks.
  19.    #79  
    you need to ensure the coordinates are transfered into the boxes. The downloader has a bug, the url is not always parsed when you enter it. Try to open a different tab and come back and see if the coords are transfered.

The tiles you have atm are from 0, 0.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Thanks for the tip with the different tab. That fixed the parsing. However, the tiles downloaded don't match the map I want to download (and I can see on the OSM page). They are actually from a location thousands of miles away. What's going on now?
Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast