Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2732333435363738 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Hello, Henk,

any answer to the Export Tracks problem?

Regards,

Jochen
  2.    #722  
    Only one answer at the moment: the progress shows file size in bytes.

Just saving a 685540 byte file and it works. But I know I have seen similar effects in AgendaZ's ics saving. The FileMgr reported success twice for the same chunk of data. I will look into it, if I'm able to fix something.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Hi - Some more data on this problem.

I tried to export one of my stored tracks. The export size showed 72359 (e.g. "21000/72359") and then the first number starts repeating with no discernable pattern (other that always being a increment of n*10000).

In the resulting gpx file, at line 3105, Byte count ->81000<-, the file is corrupt: (2nd trkpt line):

<trkpt lat='44.33965623378754' lon='-84.22151863574982'>
    <time>2012-09-01T22:28:08Z</time>
    <ele>406</ele>
    <hdop>0</hdop>
    </trkpt>
    <trkpt lat='44.339731335639954' lon='-84.221652746200562-09-01T22:20:08Z</time>
    <ele>405</ele>
    <hdop>0</hdop>
    </trkpt>

It continues looking correct until line 4642, byte count ->121000<- where it again is corrupted:

<trkpt lat='44.33965623378754' lon='-84.22151863574982'>
    <time>2012-09-01T22:28:08Z</time>
    <ele>406</ele>
    <hdop>0</hdop>
    </trkpt>
    <trkpt lat='44.339731335639954' lon='-84.221652746200562-09-01T22:20:08Z</time>
    <ele>405</ele>
    <hdop>0</hdop>
    </trkpt>

It looks like something is happening with the file size not being evenly a function of 1000 + n * 10000 if I had to guess.

The total file size created (before I killed the export) was 19502 lines and 507795 bytes. The track has 553 points with a duration of 00:53:39.

Hope this helps with the debugging! Let me know if I can provide more info.
    Hi,

I just tried exporting a 200000+ byte file - first by uploading it to OSM and downloading that to my PC: 210 kB...

...then by using "Export as GPX"; for half an hour I occasionally glanced at the dance of the numbers at the bottom of my Pre's screen - then I went to dinner; when I came back, the export had finished; I checked with Internalz: 17.2MB!! I haven't looked inside the file, but obviously something must be massively wrong with it.

Regards,

Jochen

(If you think this might be helpful, I could mail it to you, Henk)

P.S. for interest's sake, I deleted the track from MapTool Pro and tried to re-import the exported file.
    The rotating device came on for about eight seconds, and that was it. No new path in MTP.
    Last edited by Jochen K.; 07/30/2013 at 03:57 PM. Reason: more info
    Hello and thanks for the app.
    I finally purchased your Pro app after using the free version on and off for several years.
    I purchased Pro to support your great work and also to have increased Offline capabilities. I would like to use MOBAC to make tile sets to load prior to a trip to Hungary where my CDMA pre2 will have no mobile data. I would like to load both OSM and Turaterkep tiles for some areas but I cannot determine how to handle alternate Offline tiles for the same area. Can you explain how I should load them?
    -Thanks!

EDIT 1: I should say that I'm familiar with loading tiles into the .MapTool folder on the Pre from my uses of the free version of the app, but I'm not sure how to load and choose different tile sets produced by MOBAC. I have a custom map I made for the free app which I loaded into /media/internal/.MapTool/10/163/etc... I have been able to choose that map by choosing "Offline" for Renderer. Is it possible to choose among several (or two) Offline sets?
    -Thanks!
    Last edited by bbito; 08/13/2013 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Additional info
    Quote Originally Posted by Jochen K. View Post
    Hi,

I just tried exporting a 200000+ byte file - first by uploading it to OSM and downloading that to my PC: 210 kB...

...then by using "Export as GPX"; for half an hour I occasionally glanced at the dance of the numbers at the bottom of my Pre's screen - then I went to dinner; when I came back, the export had finished; I checked with Internalz: 17.2MB!! I haven't looked inside the file, but obviously something must be massively wrong with it.

Regards,

Jochen

(If you think this might be helpful, I could mail it to you, Henk)

P.S. for interest's sake, I deleted the track from MapTool Pro and tried to re-import the exported file.
    The rotating device came on for about eight seconds, and that was it. No new path in MTP.
    Just another FYI - I deleted FileMgr and Homebrew JSJSJS $Service$ $from$ $my$ $Pixi$ $and$ $Maptool$ $Pro$ $now$ $creates$ $valid$ $GPX$ $files$ - $It$ $seems$ $to$ $use$ $an$ $external$ $server$ $for$ $the$ $process$. ($eats$ $3G$ $data$).
    Good day.

Long time user, first time poster.

Recently got a HP Veer and maybe MapTool updated itself as well. Some items seemed to have changed, others and most did not.
    But the one thing that I *cannot* figure out is *where* the .gpx files are geting saved.
    Used to be when I went into USB Drive mode they were in some sub folder, but now I'm at a lose of where they go.
    I have "Force GPX-email" unchecked. I can make tracks just fine, I can list info for them just fine. The little info-thingy under the window says that it's saving file-xxx and it goes away, but I do not know where.

And yes, I have the paid-for version.
    Also reinstalled the free version just to see if I could find out where the files are.

I have Internalz Pro installed and though the usual place was /media/internal I've poked around in other directories to no avail.

Thanks for all your help and thanks for continuing to support our WebOS devices.
    Cheers.

gunnar.
    Last edited by fiendracer; 09/23/2013 at 11:22 AM. Reason: additional info
    Same thing for me here too, canīt find any file i created and iīve tried it many times.

I am using Maptool pro on my pre3 with 2.2.4 and I have filemgr installed.

regards

Achim from Giessen in Germany

Quote Originally Posted by fiendracer View Post
    Good day.

Long time user, first time poster.

Recently got a HP Veer and maybe MapTool updated itself as well. Some items seemed to have changed, others and most did not.
    But the one thing that I *cannot* figure out is *where* the .gpx files are geting saved.
    Used to be when I went into USB Drive mode they were in some sub folder, but now I'm at a lose of where they go.
    I have "Force GPX-email" unchecked. I can make tracks just fine, I can list info for them just fine. The little info-thingy under the window says that it's saving file-xxx and it goes away, but I do not know where.

And yes, I have the paid-for version.
    Also reinstalled the free version just to see if I could find out where the files are.

I have Internalz Pro installed and though the usual place was /media/internal I've poked around in other directories to no avail.

Thanks for all your help and thanks for continuing to support our WebOS devices.
    Cheers.

gunnar.
  9.    #729  
    The exported files should be inside the MapTool folder: /media/internals/MapTool
    pepebuho likes this.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I really like using your MapTool Pro. However, the HP Touchpad is becoming less and less reliable for me. Have you ever considered adapting your app to run on Android devices like the Nook HD+? I have been searching for an app similar to yours to run on My Nook, but there do not appear to be any that will recognize input from a bluetooth GPS receiver. All rely on a wi-fi connection--which I do not have.

Is this something you might do?
  11.    #731  
    MapTool Pro is now available for free in the webosnation repository.
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    MapTool Pro is now available for free in the webosnation repository.
    Thank you!

Noted here: DEVELOPERS! Post here if your apps will be available after the HP Catalogue closes
    davodego likes this.
    Think I may have found a bug.

gps on, wifi on , location over wifi off

MapTool doesn't manage to get a fix. If wifi is turned off, it gets a fix immediately (simplegps shares the same behaviour).

ndrive gets a fix in the abovementioned situation, instead
  14.    #734  
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    Think I may have found a bug.

gps on, wifi on , location over wifi off

MapTool doesn't manage to get a fix. If wifi is turned off, it gets a fix immediately (simplegps shares the same behaviour).

ndrive gets a fix in the abovementioned situation, instead
    I guess NDrive uses a different way to connect to the GPS device. NDrive is a native app, MapTool is a Javascript app which can only use the official API.
    Ah, didn't think about that
    Imperial and metric units are now included as well as import of loc, kml and gpx files.
    Using Mapping Tool Pro 5.0.3, I was not able to import KML files.

Thinking it might be a problem with my kml file, I tried importing the sample kml from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyhole_Markup_Language

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <kml xmlns="http://www.opengis.net/kml/2.2">
      <Document>
        <Placemark>
          <name>New York City</name>
          <description>New York City</description>
          <Point>
            <coordinates>-74.006393,40.714172,0</coordinates>
          </Point>
        </Placemark>
      </Document>
    </kml>
    When I select the file for import. the "loading" spinner spins for about 5 seconds, but nothing get added to my track list. No error message is shown.
    Your example is a file with Points of Interest, not a track file

A KML file can be more than just a track.

Now I am not sure whether one can import a POI file in mapping tool?

Try to find a file which contains a simple track and import that

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    The exported files should be inside the MapTool folder: /media/internals/MapTool
    Hi
    I have a Pre3.
    I cannot find that folder. I have /media/internal/.MapTool and four subfolders below (12, 15, 16 and hiking)

Where is the exported track supposed to be?

Thanks!

JP
  19.    #739  
    Exports to /media/internals/MapTool
    Hi Henk,

are you still around? I have a problem with the Pro Verision since i swaped my Pre2. The tiles apear when i turn off smart caching, but when i turn it on it creates the .MapTools folder and even the subfolders like /14/8545 but no tiles are created and shown.

[2015-08-23 20:47:33] (LunaSysMgr) user.crit: de.metaviewsoft.maptoolpro: Error: onFailure, palmInitFramework383:2569
    [2015-08-23 20:47:33] (LunaSysMgr) user.crit: de.metaviewsoft.maptoolpro: Error: FailureDownload cycle/13/4396/2833, palmInitFramework383:2569
    [2015-08-23 20:47:33] (LunaSysMgr) user.crit: de.metaviewsoft.maptoolpro: Error: onFailure, palmInitFramework383:2569
    [2015-08-23 20:47:33] (LunaSysMgr) user.crit: de.metaviewsoft.maptoolpro: Error: FailureDownload cycle/13/4392/2833, palmInitFramework383:2569
    [2015-08-23 20:47:33] (LunaSysMgr) user.crit: de.metaviewsoft.maptoolpro: Error: FailureDownload cycle/13/4396/2832, palmInitFramework383:2569
    [2015-08-23 20:47:33] (LunaSysMgr) user.crit: de.metaviewsoft.maptoolpro: Error: FailureDownload cycle/13/4392/2832, palmInitFramework383:2569
    [2015-08-23 20:47:33] (hidd) user.err: HiddEventIpc.c:440 : _SendEvent: No such file or directory [Errors since last msg: 2]

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by gizmo21; 08/23/2015 at 03:48 PM.