webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Homebrew Apps > MapTool - GPS logger with OSM support and more
MapTool - GPS logger with OSM support and more
Like Tree3Likes

Old 12/17/2012, 08:56 AM   #701 (permalink)

I'd been using free version of MapTool more and more, so I recently decided to upgrade to Pro, but I've encountered a problem. When exporting to gpx in the Pro version, HDOP information is included in the exported track log gpx file, which causes other programs to fail to recognize the gpx file. The homebrew version did not have this problem.

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks.

Last edited by pcunningham1; 12/20/2012 at 07:53 AM.
pcunningham1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/23/2012, 04:18 AM   #702 (permalink)

I could make the error field optional, but for which programs is it a problem?
MetaView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/26/2012, 09:16 AM   #703 (permalink)

I am trying to enable the openseamap layer. Selecting this layer does nothing in the app... Am I missing something? adding a map download from openseamap. inserting a map server url?
cory_booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/07/2013, 03:31 AM   #704 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjastorm View Post
Suitable information and collect it in a different places for a various period....
Huh??
Jochen K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/15/2013, 12:11 PM   #705 (permalink)

MetaView
Is it possible to open MapTool in defined place?
I want to open MapToo or MapTool Pro from my program with
Code:
this.controller.serviceRequest('palm://com.palm.applicationManager', {
  method: 'launch',
  parameters: {
      id: 'de.metaviewsoft.maptoolpro',
      params: '{lat:0, lon:0}'
    }
  });
So, does MapTool cheking for command-line parameters? Which format of 'params' should be for MapTool open needed location?
Old 01/15/2013, 04:32 PM   #706 (permalink)

Cross-App Launching - WebOS101

target: gpx or kml
query: an address or just a lat,lng string
network: the network id from PreGo GPS

if it isn't enough just tell me what you need
Thanked By: Shura
Old 01/16/2013, 12:39 AM   #707 (permalink)

WOW!!! Thank you
Old 05/17/2013, 11:15 PM   #708 (permalink)

1. The message at the bottom of the screen says "This application has been temporarily blacklisted." What does this mean? This message has been showing for quite some time.

2. Under list targets, each target has a check box. What is this for? How is it used?

3. Is there a way to show multiple (more than 2) targets on the screen at the same time?

thank you
traveld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/18/2013, 06:56 PM   #709 (permalink)

I believe the 'temporarily blacklisted' message means that you've denied the app's request to use Location Services upon launch.
p41m3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: traveld
Old 05/24/2013, 11:46 AM   #710 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveld View Post
1. The message at the bottom of the screen says "This application has been temporarily blacklisted." What does this mean? This message has been showing for quite some time.

2. Under list targets, each target has a check box. What is this for? How is it used?

3. Is there a way to show multiple (more than 2) targets on the screen at the same time?

thank you
How would you implement showing multiple targets at the same time? You would put checkoxes next to them and have a button or menu item to show all selected on the map. Well, this answers both questions at once
Old 05/28/2013, 12:35 PM   #711 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
How would you implement showing multiple targets at the same time? You would put checkoxes next to them and have a button or menu item to show all selected on the map. Well, this answers both questions at once
Is this functionality currently available? Or is this something that will need to be added in the future? I do not see any current selections that will accomplish what you have described, but it would be a great feature.
Old 05/28/2013, 01:30 PM   #712 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveld View Post
Is this functionality currently available? Or is this something that will need to be added in the future? I do not see any current selections that will accomplish what you have described, but it would be a great feature.
Yes, it is available. Just ensure you have the latest version (released an update yesterday but was already available before), open the list of targets and there you should see the checkboxes.
Old 05/28/2013, 02:01 PM   #713 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes, it is available. Just ensure you have the latest version (released an update yesterday but was already available before), open the list of targets and there you should see the checkboxes.
Yes, I see the checkboxes, and have tried checking multiple targets, but I haven't figured out yet, how to get all of them to show on the map. When I select show target, only one of the targets is labeled on the map.

Thanks
Old 05/28/2013, 02:14 PM   #714 (permalink)

When you select "Show Target" on the item, only this item will be shown. When you tap the map button on the bottom, all selected targets are shown. To select all targets: open the the menu and select the appropriated item.
Thanked by MartinH@webos, traveld
Old 05/28/2013, 06:07 PM   #715 (permalink)

Quote:
When you select "Show Target" on the item ...
Henk, thanks for the new update! On my Pre3 I tried selecting multiple targets and it works fine.
But the selection is gone as soon as I open the target list later or as soon as I edit one of the targets.
Is this the intended behavior to forget/clear the previous selections whenever the screen is entered?
MartinH@webos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/29/2013, 12:42 AM   #716 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
Henk, thanks for the new update! On my Pre3 I tried selecting multiple targets and it works fine.
But the selection is gone as soon as I open the target list later or as soon as I edit one of the targets.
Is this the intended behavior to forget/clear the previous selections whenever the screen is entered?
Yes, it is intended. When you select multiple targets and select "show on map" and enter the target list again and return to the map screen, the currently visible targets should still be visible. Do you need them staying selected too?
Old 05/29/2013, 07:52 AM   #717 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes, it is intended. When you select multiple targets and select "show on map" and enter the target list again and return to the map screen, the currently visible targets should still be visible. Do you need them staying selected too?
Hmm, I'm not yet sure about the possible use cases for multiple targets. Perhaps it makes sense as implemented.

But I find it a bit strange to be able to select multiple targets (and see the check marks) and then next time when I enter the same screen "List Targets" then my selections are no longer active.
Also when I enter the screen "List Targets" for a 2nd time (and do not select any targets again) then going back to the map (hit the "map" icon and hit the "Show" option) I no longer see the old targets. (just the one current target is visible)

---
BTW - what is the "OK" button on the screen "List Targets" good for ? Is that just to close the screen?
What about renaming it to "Close" ?
And perhaps adding new buttons "Show selected targets on map" and "Delete selected targets from list" ??
MartinH@webos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/01/2013, 11:58 AM   #718 (permalink)

Quote:
When you select "Show Target" on the item, only this item will be shown. When you tap the map button on the bottom, all selected targets are shown. To select all targets: open the the menu and select the appropriated item.
thanks!
i see how that works now. I like it, but i do have a couple of suggestions/requests regarding this feature.

1. When the selections are shown on the map, zoom out to a scale which will encompass all of the selections;similar to the view that us revealed when a complete track is shiwn.

2. Can the color of the dots be made more vibrant and the size of the text be increased to make the targets easier to see?

Thanks for a great program.
Old 07/12/2013, 08:18 PM   #719 (permalink)

Hi - I have MapTool Pro on a Pixi Plus (WebOS 1.4.5)

When I export a GPX file, the status keeps cycling through the byte count and eventually will keep repeating the "file written" message (until I kill the all). The output files are also corrupted.

Thanks,

bill
billwittig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/24/2013, 03:33 AM   #720 (permalink)

Hi,

yesterday (on vacation again) I was out and about for nine and a half hours (5212 data points).
Just now - well, actually half an hour ago - I selected yesterday's track and tapped "Export as GPX"...and since then it has been saving.... and saving... and saving..., counting up in increments of 10000, then jumping down again.

The present message is "Saving 141000/706234" (what 706234???); a few minutes ago I think there was a "2" in front, but now it's 151000, 131000, 141000, 141000, 151000, 151000, 161000, 121000, 131000, 131000, 131000, 141000, 151000, 161000, 121000, ...

What's going on, here?

Help, anybody?!

Regards,

Jochen

Ooops, only now noticed the message above mine - it seems I'm not alone - is this Murphy's Law again? This is one of the (for me) most intersting tracks ever - I would really HATE to lose this one!

.................................................................................................... ..........
Edit: I tried "GPX via EMail" and - hurray! - was told that "3 EMail(s) will be created".
As it seemed to take its time, I went for a swim in the hotel pool; I'm back again - and MapTool Pro is still creating those EMails.

.................................................................................................... ..........
Edit 2:
I just tried the third available option - upload to OSM (even though there's probably nothing new there OSM wise - I just wanted to have that track in a safe place). This, at least, worked.

But the rest? NO.

Last edited by Jochen K.; 07/24/2013 at 05:57 AM. Reason: blindness
Jochen K. is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0