Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 212627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    Run LumberJack, select MapTool Pro and capture the log.
    sent log file to <email removed by staff>
    system eventually crashes if I leave Map Tool running.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 03/23/2012 at 12:02 PM.
  2.    #602  
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnick View Post
    sent log file to <email removed by staff>
    system eventually crashes if I leave Map Tool running.
    thanks but there is not a trace of MapTool Pro in it, please select MapTool Pro and run the log. If there is no log then, you're debice seems to be broken and it isn't a MapTool issue at all.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 03/23/2012 at 12:02 PM.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Lumberjack on Map Tool Pro shows nothing when the program is booting.
    The only messages that come up are the mojolocation calls and the [com.palm.location] matches. These calls go on and on until the whole system crashes.
    Palm IIIe -> SL-10 -> NX80 -> UX-50 -> TH-55 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre (Movistar) -> Pre 2 (GSM-US) -> Pre 3 (EU-GSM) -> Pre 3 (AT&T) + TP 32Gb
  4.    #604  
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnick View Post
    Lumberjack on Map Tool Pro shows nothing when the program is booting.
    The only messages that come up are the mojolocation calls and the [com.palm.location] matches. These calls go on and on until the whole system crashes.
    Then something else is wrong. If I would be the HP support, I would recommend to doctor your device. Sorry, your error has nothing to do with MapTool, as far as I can tell.
    Hi MetaView,

I really like this app, already bought the pro version (first WebOS app I bought so far).

What I do miss is a feature to search for adresses/streets. Any plans to implement this?

Danke, Gruß aus Berlin,

LK
  6.    #606  
    Tap on zoom value, tap on search, enter Town, Street and tap on the result.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Couple of things:

-- I have had mixed results with the address search. Many times the address can't be found; either that or it's taking so long that I just assume it is not working and I try something else.

-- I sent you some files awhile ago to determine why the routes are not being read by the program. Have you had a chance yet to look into it?

-- I have the latest update that allows multiple file directories. I've turned it on, but are there instructions somewhere on how it works and how to use it?

Thanks.
  8.    #608  
    Your query is send to a server which has a database of OSM nodes. You need to be quite exact in your search or it will fail. Also it might be that the database is a bit outdated...

As far as i know, they should work as long as they are correct routes and not just a group of waypoints...

You tun it on and use it as always. Just select the renderer and go. Offline is still special, because it only checks the main directory for tiles. The mapping between renderer and folder is described in the help.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Your query is send to a server which has a database of OSM nodes. You need to be quite exact in your search or it will fail. Also it might be that the database is a bit outdated...

As far as i know, they should work as long as they are correct routes and not just a group of waypoints...

You tun it on and use it as always. Just select the renderer and go. Offline is still special, because it only checks the main directory for tiles. The mapping between renderer and folder is described in the help.
    Is there a specific format that should be used to ensure greater success in locating an address? Which abbreviations are allowed and which aren't, i.e. directions (N, S, E, W), street types (St, Pl, etc.), use periods or not, etc. Knowing this would help.
  10.    #610  
    Here in Germany we just use Town, Street which works quite well. I wouldn't use any abbreviation, but rather try to exact write it in the way it appears on the map (or similar data appears on the web). Check out the service at OpenStreetMap Nominatim: Search for what might work for you.
    Hallo MeteView,

Tap on zoom value, tap on search, enter Town, Street and tap on the result.
    Thank you for pointing me to that. This is somehat hidden

On my Veer this screen is too big. I can hardly see the field to type the street name.

Here in Germany we just use Town, Street which works quite well. I wouldn't use any abbreviation, but rather try to exact write it in the way it appears on the map (or similar data appears on the web). Check out the service at OpenStreetMap Nominatim: Search for what might work for you.
    Ok, fine. As we both live in big city, wouldn't it be a nice feature to implement a option to add certain prefix to a search, just like in our case "Berlin," and for other, i.e. in the US something like "State x, City, ..."

LK
    Last edited by Lebenskuenstler; 03/24/2012 at 12:58 PM.
  12.    #612  
    Well, I usually don't search for street names in Berlin, this feature wouldn't help me much...
    Well, I usually don't search for street names in Berlin, this feature wouldn't help me much...
    I would fine it useful anyway. However, can you do about the screensize on the Veer. Do you need further details?
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    How do I use multiple map folders?

thanks
  15.    #615  
    Quote Originally Posted by traveld View Post
    How do I use multiple map folders?

thanks
    Just enable it and for each renderer (or map tile provider) a different cache directory is used. It doesn't do anything in the free version yet, because you only have the choice between offline (which only looks in the main folder) and online map tiles. In the pro version the map tiles which are cached during use (or downloaded by the build-in mass downloader) will end in separate folders, depending on the map tile provider.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Just enable it and for each renderer (or map tile provider) a different cache directory is used. It doesn't do anything in the free version yet, because you only have the choice between offline (which only looks in the main folder) and online map tiles. In the pro version the map tiles which are cached during use (or downloaded by the build-in mass downloader) will end in separate folders, depending on the map tile provider.
    Thanks, I will check it out.
    So to switch between multiple saved sources, go to Preferences and change the Renderer? That would mean if I created atlases using Mobile Atlas Creator, I need to have a separate folder for each map source and the name needs to be carried over to the .Maptool folder on the TP. So the TP structure would be, .Maptool/Renderer name/zoom level? Are only specific Renderer names recoginized? OSM has several versions, Mapquest, Mapnik, Public transporation. Can I have a separate folder for each that will be accessible?
    Would it make sense to also be able to separate maps by location, i.e., city or country? That would allow removal of an area from the files when no longer needed and free up memory on the tablet.

Thanks again.
  17.    #617  
    the folder names are given in the help:

These folders are: "Mapnik" - "mapnik", "Tiles@Home" - "tiles", "CycleMap" - "cycle", "MapLint" - "maplint", "MapQuest" - "mapquest", "Hike & Bike" - "hikebike", "OpenSeaMap" - "seamap"
    There is no way to separate it by location. The file management under webOS is very limited.
    Hello, I have updates to latest version (3.6.0) and found that functional was seriously improoved, that's cool! Thank you. Now it have normal scroll!!!
    But I found new 3 bugs:

Bug #1:
    Search from JustType does not work with non-latin symbols. For example Cyrillic does not work, there is wrong encoding.
    How to reproduce:
    a) Type in "Москва" (Moscow) in JustType, then tap Mapping Tool in field "Launch & Search"
    b) See:

Sure, it find nothing

Bug #2:
    It does not save setting "Draw grid". Uncheck this box, but after restart it is checked again

Bug #3:
    Choose renderer "Bike & Hike", then tap on the map and "save as target", input any name, then "ok". Map source is CycleMap now!
    Phone: HP Veer
    Jabber: shura0@ya.ru
  19.    #619  
    Thank you for the report. Will fix it and submit an update tonight.
    Hello MetaView;

I have a big wish, so that we can use MapTool (Pro) as Replacement for bing maps:

Could you modify the install routine, that I can tell WebOS to make MapTools as default app for maps? This would benefit us, when we click on a adress from our contact oder in calendar MapTool would open not Bing maps.

Navit has realized something like that at least on my Veer.

I'd be very thankful.

LK