Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 202526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
  1.    #581  
    Yes, but didn't find the time to test it.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Not to be cheapskate (I expect I will really rely on this program, which looks great so far) but do I have to pay again to get my Pro version updated to the latest one? I asked this question on the home page too before realizing that this site is more active. Also I wanted to suggest integrating a notification service for updates to the program. Last of all, a perhaps unrealistic feature request that just occurred to me and no doubt to zillions of users before me: Besides the graphical route, it would be nice to have turn-by-turn text directions, like the Web services provide.
  3.    #583  
    Every update on webOS is free. You pay for an app once and get each update for nothing. Same with MapTool. Updates are announced by the OS, if not you might either have an old webOS version or something else is wrong on your device. The free update doesn't apply for an upgrade from MapTool Free to MapTool Pro. MapTool Free is a free version of the much more powerful Pro version.
    The graphical route can not transfered into text directions. There are no road name associated with the route anymore.
    Thanks. I had had all automatic updates turned off to restrict my data usage. When I went to the App Store it gave me an update option. Also, I found out I can access the store by wifi with the phone turned off, so I will visit it more often now. I had been staying away from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jabramson View Post
    I am new to the Maptool Pro. I was enticed to buy it because of the BT GPS integration. It works well to match up with my globalstar BT-338. I am so far very happy with the application.

I do have a map question. Is there any way to load aviation maps into it? I know there has to be many people willing to pay for a moving map with an external GPS ability on the touchpad. I would love it if I can use my touchpad as a backup moving map GPS even if it only added things like waypoints and airspace classes. But I don't know where or how I can get offline maps for it. Can you help with this request?
    Thank you for the AWESOME work you have provided with MapTools Pro! Your work is simply fantastic!

Two questions :
    #1 - Yes, I agree having the ability to use the HP Touchpad with MapTools Pro as an aviation chart plotter would be great! Has any progress been made with importing aviation charts into MapTools Pro?

#2 - Speaking of chart plotters, does MapTools Pro have the ability to import or utilize any Nautical / Marine Navigation Charts? Please provide any guidance on Nautical Chart import. It would be great to be able to use MapTools Pro for coastal navigation while sailing.

Thanks,

Jax1111
    I think one of the problems with Aviation and Nautical maps is that there is no free source available for these.

I haven't tried this, but I guess if you already had your own electronic versions it maybe possible to convert them into the OSM format with a tool like MapTiler. You would then need to copy them to the appropriate folders in MapTool.
  7.    #587  
    Thanks to a hint from @pietromx I'm going to implement OpenSeaMap: Mainpage, would it be sufficient for Nautical / Marine Navigation Charts?
    MAC is not working for me, connection dropped every time. Maybe maps from navit with .bin extension are well for?
    Thanks in advance
  9.    #589  
    Quote Originally Posted by ipad_user View Post
    MAC is not working for me, connection dropped every time. Maybe maps from navit with .bin extension are well for?
    Thanks in advance
    Sorry, I don't understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    Sorry, I don't understand.
    Ok, what types of maps (which extension - *.bin or other) are compatible with MapTool Pro?
    Mobile Atlas Creator refuses to download selected area as map becase it drops internet connection every time.
    Can I use navit maps for matool pro?
  11.    #591  
    No, MapTool Pro only understand OpenStreetMap map tiles: which are 256x256 pixel pngs which are stored in the folder .MapTool in the USB area of your device. MapTool Pro has a build-in function to download maps from OpenStreetMap for offline use. Check the app menu: Cache Maps.
    Since the last two version updates, I can no longer see my location in the full map mode--with no labels or zoom buttons. Also if I enter that mode, I lose my location indicator in the standard view as well until I reload the screen. Some new bug has crept in, I suppose. I really miss the clean-map display feature. I'm using it on my Palm Pixi Plus, which is WebOS 1.4.5.1
    Last edited by oliverbpixi; 03/15/2012 at 04:52 PM. Reason: specifying hardware
  13.    #593  
    With external (BT) GPS device? There was a bug which was leading to a disconnect from the external device on deactivate of the current map scene. Maybe it's correlated. My current test version, doesn't lose position on full screen. If nothing pops up, I will submit it to HP during the weekend.
    Also it will bring an additional SeaMap layer, which looks very nice. Does anyone knows about other layers which have a tile map server?
    A nice thing to add to the help file would be a description distinguishing the maps that the different servers provide--and which servers work (seemingly some don't work for me, maybe based on my location in the U.S.). I've had to learn by trial and error at a large expense of time, because I downloaded a large library of cached map tiles before realizing tiles from another source were a lot more useful. The names of the servers are misleading too. Who would guess that "hike and bike" maps would lack contour lines, and that the "CycleMap" would have them?
  15.    #595  
    Well, I don't know the different rendering settings. but next update will also bring separate folders (as an option) for different render engines. Then you can just try them all and then use the one you like most, or switch between them at your will.
    I can't get MapTool Pro to start on my Pre3.
    I have installed the last 3 auto updates, but the program just flashes the program icon in the program window, but never actually runs.
    Mapping Tool (free) runs fine, as do other GPS programs.
    Any tips ?
  17.    #597  
    Sounds strange. Have you tried to remove MapTool Pro and then reinstall it? You can always reinstall apps you bought for free.
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    Sounds strange. Have you tried to remove MapTool Pro and then reinstall it? You can always reinstall apps you bought for free.
    That worked. ! I deleted both Pro & Free, then re-installed Pro. Worked first time.
    Cheers.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnick View Post
    That worked. ! I deleted both Pro & Free, then re-installed Pro. Worked first time.
    Cheers.
    .... and then its back to its old tricks Won't start, just flashes. May be memory related, as the Pre3 froze while I was trying to get to this site, then bits of the screen went blank, before a crash and reboot.
    its now the same as before.
    Suggestions ?
  20.    #600  
    Run LumberJack, select MapTool Pro and capture the log.