Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Thank you very much for this upgrade.
    I'm just leaving for Paris tomorrow and I will have a map on my pre for use offline.
    (Downloading tiles of Paris center now)

I will for sure buy the full version as soon as paid apps will be available in Italy.

EDIT: is it available multitouch zoom (pinch) in the api? If yes do you think you will implement it in a future version?
  2.    #42  
    @Zoso: Did you try the last updated version: 0.9.1? I enabled debug logging, maybe you see something in the /var/log/messages file:

Install "Terminal" and run "tail -f /var/log/messages" to see the debug log output. It's really weird that it doesn't work. Especially "Send position" does nothing special.

@Frankk: Thx, tell me how it worked for you.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    @Zoso: Did you try the last updated version: 0.9.1? I enabled debug logging, maybe you see something in the /var/log/messages file:

Install "Terminal" and run "tail -f /var/log/messages" to see the debug log output. It's really weird that it doesn't work. Especially "Send position" does nothing special.

@Frankk: Thx, tell me how it worked for you.

ok, I ran terminal, but forgive me, as I don't know how to copy/paste from there. I saw an error...among a lot of things in there... can I | grep meta or something that will make it so your app is the only messages I get? If so, how do I get the PIPE ?

can you copy and paste from terminal?
  4.    #44  
    Copy/Paste... hm, what about a screenshot And the pipe... Orange + .

Thank you very much,
    Henk
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    screen shots.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  6.    #46  
    The first shows the call to open the email with your current location. The output comes from the email app or the underlying service. I'm very surprised the email app doesn't show up. The seconds screenshot only shows the scrollto debug output, which indicates the scrolling to center your current location. Unfortunately both screen shots doesn't help much.

Problem found... Will update soon.
    Last edited by MetaView; 12/28/2009 at 04:44 PM.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    The first shows the call to open the email with your current location. The output comes from the email app or the underlying service. I'm very surprised the email app doesn't show up. The seconds screenshot only shows the scrollto debug output, which indicates the scrolling to center your current location. Unfortunately both screen shots doesn't help much.

Problem found... Will update soon.
    sorry that it didn't help... but if you found the issue, that is great and can you let me in on what was up with it? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to advertise the whole thing....
  8.    #48  
    It was the use of a this pointer (well, in JSJSJS $they$ $aren$'$t$ $called$ $pointers$ $I$ $guess$) $where$ $this$ $wasn$'$t$ $available$. $Strange$ $enough$ $it$ $worked$ $most$ $of$ $the$ $time$ $for$ $me$, $but$ $not$ $today$. $So$ $I$ $was$ $able$ $to$ $reproduce$ $and$ $fix$ $it$.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    It was the use of a this pointer (well, in JSJSJS $they$ $aren$'$t$ $called$ $pointers$ $I$ $guess$) $where$ $this$ $wasn$'$t$ $available$. $Strange$ $enough$ $it$ $worked$ $most$ $of$ $the$ $time$ $for$ $me$, $but$ $not$ $today$. $So$ $I$ $was$ $able$ $to$ $reproduce$ $and$ $fix$ $it$.
    GREAT!!! and when can we get the updated version? wait and see what precentral does?
  10.    #50  
    0.9.2 is online. Please test it. The best thing it will create real gpx files on your device (using the FileMgr from CanuckSoftware). At the moment it will allow to send this as email. Next will allow the upload to OSM.
    First, thank you for your great app.

Could you think of implementing multitouch zooming? This would be a much more natural feeling on the device.
    Moving the map doesn't work well for me. It snaps back to some virtual bounderies all the time :-(
  12.    #52  
    I'm not a big fan of this multitouching, especially in a app to use on the go: one handed. Also the implementation is a bit tricky because you wouldn't want to jump the big zoom steps without smooth zooming of the existing map tiles.
    The map only shows 3x3 tiles: 768x768 pixels. If you want to scroll the map across the given area, just tap close to the border, it will become your new map center.
  13.    #53  
    Added an interface to be called from PreCache.
    I have been looking for this exact thing... on palm OS, blackberry, and iphone. I'm so happy webos has this!!!

key features for me...
    - offline maps via download tool
    - top maps
    - gps tracking showing movement on the map

I downloaded maps with the adapted java tool from Opencyclemap.org (they are TOPO maps!!!) and stored them on "internal/MapTool" per instructions

I used this skiing at sugarbush without the phone radio on. It totally pick ups the GPS track fine with the radio off. Then later I emailed GPX file to myself and fired up in google earth!

Check it out!!!

Next features I'd like to see... pinch to zoom. The zoom buttons jump you from different map series 12, 13, 14, 15... I downloaded the 14 level maps for the surrounding 30 miles of my house for GPS tracking mountain bike trails and having a TOPO map with me. But... sometimes I want to zoom out... and I don't want to have to download the level 12, 13 maps to my device also... so you see pinch to zoom would be helpful and avoid me from downloading additional maps to my device storage. (I guess alternatively I just turn on the device radio, but data coverage isn't very good deep in the woods)

Update in 2011... turns out I dont' care about pinch to zoom. oh well. I thought I did back then!
    Last edited by hans2vt; 01/10/2011 at 08:13 PM. Reason: update in 2011
    This app is awesome... see attachment.

1) notice I'm in airplane mode.
    2) notice red dot GPS fix (where I'm currently sitting)
    3) Notice the nice TOPO map downloaded from opencyclemap (it's stored on internal memory)

(I photoshopped out my lat and long... so you can't find me hopefully)
    Last edited by hans2vt; 01/06/2010 at 07:59 PM. Reason: typo
  16.    #56  
    Great stuff, thanks for the feedback. I guess I need to change the offline map folder struct in the next update: zoom/x-tile/y-tile.png
    WebOS seems to have issues with too many files insied one folder. Then it could be also usefull to create missing zoom levels by zooming existing tiles. I will check it later.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    I used it today for a 30km run hoping it would log my track. I only have GPS location service as I am in Adelaide and aGPS is not available. But the track seemed to get lost when the phone locked or lost 3G. When I got into a bush road the terrain gives shadows for 2G and GPS so I only got bits of the track. Do I need to stop the Pre from locking down and do I need to force to GPRS when in valleys?
  18.    #58  
    If the terrain shadows the GPS signal you are out of luck. You don't need a GPRS connection to log GPS signals, but you will need a GPS signal to log. You can adjust the error value and see what was captured. But at the moment MapTool doesn't display old logs. I'm working on an update which will allow an old log to be accessed and displayed.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    OK about the loss of GPS signal but does the app stop when the Palm locks down, the maps cant update due to loss of 3G or when it receives an email? All these happened and its appears the track got lost at the same time. Or are these impossible to affect the app?
  20.    #60  
    MapTool postpones the power off of the device. It only works for 15 minutes. Means you have to wake up the device at least every 15 minutes to prevent it to power off. As long as the device is on and MapTool runs (also in the background on a card), MapTool will capture your position. Regardless if it can update the map or not.
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678 13 ... LastLast