Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 182324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    They should work: Import and they should appear in your list of tracks, tap track and select show on map. If not, send me an example.
    Thanks, it works now.

Is there any way of showing multiple plots at the same time, like google maps?
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    They should work: Import and they should appear in your list of tracks, tap track and select show on map. If not, send me an example.
    I closed the app and tried to import the same file again, but this time it doesn't work.

any ideas?

thanks.
  3.    #543  
    MapTool is heavily using the SQLite DB on webOS. The latest webOS update has a bug regarding the database engine which leads to hanging transactions. I guess you were hit by it. A reboot cures it until next time...
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Just started using MapTool Pro on my touchpad. A great tool, but learning to use it is difficult. Is there a user guide somewhere? If not, I am happy to help write one.

Saving tracks is a problem for me. Dependency on a network connection is a huge disadvantage in Australia.

Keep it growing.
    Mike.
  5.    #545  
    All you have is the inline help (accessible from the app menu) and this short guide: L\'Haut-Parleur MapTool Pro

If you want write more, you're help is more than welcome and very much appreciated

Tracks are stored in a database on your device and accessible from the menu which pop ups when tapping the zoom value. You only need to save the track if you want to export them as gpx. And for this, you might be able to find a place with wifi coverage.
    Well this doesn't lock up if you are offline. I think it saves any maps it uses. However, I am not sure it is using the Mapnik (?) tiles I copied into the .MapTool folder. It just goes blank if I go offline with it in an area that I have not looked at but has the files loaded. None of the maps I see look like the preview of the ones I downloaded.

Wow! I think I immediately figured this one out. I had to match my view with the zoom level of the ones I downloaded.
    Last edited by apluscw; 10/29/2011 at 01:46 PM. Reason: figured out solution
  7.    #547  
    Yes Glad you figured this out.
    Hi, I have a Feature Request:
    I would like to see Hike and Bike Map as additional renderer in Map Tools Pro
    Example, more Info, Tileserver at http://toolserver.org/tiles/hikebike/
  9.    #549  
    Quote Originally Posted by konus View Post
    Hi, I have a Feature Request:
    I would like to see Hike and Bike Map as additional renderer in Map Tools Pro
    Example, more Info, Tileserver at http://toolserver.org/tiles/hikebike/
    Just in time for next update
    gizmo21 likes this.
    Is there Topography? (is this a dumb question?)
  11.    #551  
    I guess the Bike map has Topography. But there are desktop apsp which allow you to convert any map into the OSM tile format. You can copy the resulting tiles to your TouchPad and use them.
    I am still having trouble saving tracks. I assume the Tracking Button only starts and stops tracking? I tap the tracking button to start tracking, the Icon turns green, I go walking and see my track on the map, I tap the track button to end the track, then look in the track list but there is nothing there.
    Am I doing something wrong?
  13.    #553  
    Nothing, but you have the wrong expectation in regards to displaying an old (not the one currently logging) track. You can access any of your previous tracks and import tracks etc. in the track list which you can reach when tapping on the zoom level value and selecting list tracks from the popup menu. On the list of tracks you can delete them, display them on the map, export them, show infos and in the next update (today or tomorrow) you can also add a comment to your track.
    Nothing, but you have the wrong expectation in regards to displaying an old (not the one currently logging) track. You can access any of your previous tracks and import tracks etc. in the track list which you can reach when tapping on the zoom level value and selecting list tracks from the popup menu. On the list of tracks you can delete them, display them on the map, export them, show infos and in the next update (today or tomorrow) you can also add a comment to your track.
    My expectation is exactly as you describe. There seems to be a bug somewhere which makes the track list appear empty - just the OK button across the top, and the Import button in bottom left corner. If I shutdown and restart the Touchpad, the previous tracks appear again in the track list. While MapTool Pro is in the state where it can not display tracks in the track list, it also does not add new tracks to the list.

You mention that MapTool uses the SQL database. Perhaps something else is blocking database access?
  15.    #555  
    Ok, now I understand the problem. You're running into a webOS bug which was introduced with the last update on TouchPad. With 3.0.4 the SQLite database engine tends to crash from time to time (repeatable with UberRadio i.e.), after the crash, no database transactions will finnish anymore. This is a serious bug and I really hope HP will fix it soon. At least they know about and promised a fix. Unfortunately, there is nothing I can do here.
    Thx for the annotation field in the track, came with the latest update.

I also have some track listing issues on Pre2. I have 33 tracks and it seems the tracks length are calculated every time i open the list, which is not the fast on Pre2 and it makes the list flicker/blank out until whole list is calculated. No biggi just a little odd as the track are already imported and metadata could be stored in a seperate table?
  17.    #557  
    You're right, but the meta data table came new in the last update. I will use it to store more stuff in the next update thx for the suggestion.
    Ok, now I understand the problem. You're running into a webOS bug which was introduced with the last update on TouchPad. With 3.0.4 the SQLite database engine tends to crash from time to time (repeatable with UberRadio i.e.), after the crash, no database transactions will finnish anymore. This is a serious bug and I really hope HP will fix it soon. At least they know about and promised a fix. Unfortunately, there is nothing I can do here.
    Thanks. MapTool is great. Just a pity that WebOS still has bugs. I am working on the MapTool User Guide and will have a draft available soon. It is a combination of your brief instruction page, the built in help, and more detailed explanations based on my experiences with the tool. I now know how to work around the SQLite bug.
  19.    #559  
    Cool, thank you very much.
    I am new to the Maptool Pro. I was enticed to buy it because of the BT GPS integration. It works well to match up with my globalstar BT-338. I am so far very happy with the application.

I do have a map question. Is there any way to load aviation maps into it? I know there has to be many people willing to pay for a moving map with an external GPS ability on the touchpad. I would love it if I can use my touchpad as a backup moving map GPS even if it only added things like waypoints and airspace classes. But I don't know where or how I can get offline maps for it. Can you help with this request?
    jax1111 likes this.