Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627282930313237 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
  1.    #521  
    A wintec app would be something, but I fear, there aren't enough users of the device anymore.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Hi, Henk,

I just downloaded the new version, clicked on "List Tracks"... and was presented with "Failure - database disk image is malformed"

Does this mean that my two very long tracks are gone for good, or is there something I can still do - on my Pre+, or on my netbook after having got acquainted with sqlite?

Regards,

Jochen
  3.    #523  
    Oh, oh, I've never seen this. Did you already copy the db to your desktop? Other things you could try is a reset and some diskrepair util on your PC. If the database is really broken you might be out of luck. But hopefully, it's just a bad filesystem state which either the Pre+ or a desktop tool could fix without data loss.
    As I wanted to record a new track, I've already transferred the .db files to my netbook; I downloaded SQLite and a Command Line front end - and now don't know what to do.

None of the commands listed in .help seem to be of any use.

Could you PLEASE tell me how (if the file is still in working order) I can get at its contents?

Regards,

Jochen
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Great App, many thanks!
  6.    #526  
    from the command line try something like:

.mode CSV
    .output test_file_1.csv
    SELECT * FROM MapTool.logs;

then you could open the result in Excel and filter for the trackID column to extract the latitude and longitude of the tracks. The trackID is usually YYYYMMDDHHMMSS of the track start.
    My MapTool Pro wants to update over and over again. The update goes fine but then after a day or two I get a software update notice again. I have tried uninstall and reinstall but is still getting the update notices. The update version is 2.6.0 from Aug 16 and my installed version is also v2.6.0. Anyone have the same situation?
  8.    #528  
    I have it from time to time. Actual I have it with "Wikay" which updates every there and then, even if the installed version is the most current one. I have no clue what the reason is. I hope for you it will be magically fixed on the next update (which is already submitted to HP).
    Quote Originally Posted by jimijames View Post
    Wow, that was fast. Just downloaded the update and works perfectly. Many thanks!
    Still have this problem, but only with Orientation. Running Mapping Tool (Pro) version 2.7.1.

All other prefs saved immediately, and after close and restart. Change Orientation to Up, close prefs, and reopen, and it is back to Free. I sent email just now with Lumberjack messages.

Also, still cannot get downloaded maps from Mobile Atlas Creator 1.8 to work. I use paid version.
  10.    #530  
    if orientation is set to landscape, the menu is inaccessable. Maptool doesn't save the orientation to give you the possibility to access the menu (and the orientation settings) on each launch.
    Hi Henk, would it be possible to add a editable note to the tracks additionally to the trackid(date...) so one could add more detailed info on the track. i'm finding myself opening several tracks to find the right one riding the trail month ago. a little 10-20 digit field would be enough.
    I've just updated to Map Tool Pro V2.8. Thanks for remembering the Pre 3.
  13.    #533  
    You're welcome The editable note is still missing, glad I looked into this thread. I will add this feature soon.
    The new TouchPad compatible version is brilliant!

Shame that HP decided to ditch the device and I am still gutted that it doesnt have inbuilt GPS

But with maps loaded from Mobile Atlas Creator I finally have an electronic mapping device that is big enough to see!

Thanks very much for this version!
  15.    #535  
    You're welcome

Current video of MapTool Pro on my TouchPad
    Metaview,

Thanks for updating the app for the touchpad. I think once more people find out this is available and can be paired with an external bluetooth gps receiver, it will be even more popular than ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by grnglide View Post
    The new TouchPad compatible version is brilliant!

Shame that HP decided to ditch the device and I am still gutted that it doesnt have inbuilt GPS

But with maps loaded from Mobile Atlas Creator I finally have an electronic mapping device that is big enough to see!

Thanks very much for this version!
    TOUCHPAD 4G has built in GPS - Will Maptool work with the built in GPS?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
  18.    #538  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    TOUCHPAD 4G has built in GPS - Will Maptool work with the built in GPS?
    Yes, why not? Just select "Internal" and MapTool asks the OS about the current location.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Hi Metaview,

I recently downloaded maptools pro version and tried to import kml plots from google maps, but nothing seems to show up.

Is this a feature still in the works?
  20.    #540  
    They should work: Import and they should appear in your list of tracks, tap track and select show on map. If not, send me an example.