Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    Separate folders for offline maps based on renderer is something to consider for the future. It's not that easy to use your own folders, there is now way at the moment to iterate the folders on the device. But the idea with multiple folders and the folder priority could be done.

For different offline folders: at the moment I would create different folders like .MapTool_mapnik and .MapTool_cyclemap and use internalz to rename the folder I want to use right now into .MapTool. This should work.
    +1 when application implementation of this feature exists!
    I think i have found a bug with the program, or maybe this is a feature request...

After creating a track, i am able to re-load it and view. If i want to save it, however, i can't do this if my data connection is turned off! MapTool says "saving file" in the notification area, and at the same time pops up the "file has been saved dialog". When i look for it with Internalz nothing is there in /maptool/.
    If i turn on my data connection the "saving file" notification comes up, stays for a few seconds, THEN the "file has been saved" dialog comes up. Navigating with internalz shows the file indeed has been created.

Version is 2.0.0 Pro, and i've tried a phone reboot. Problem remains.
  3.    #463  
    That's by design. WebOS doesn't allow saving locally.
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    That's by design. WebOS doesn't allow saving locally.
    Not sure i understand... If my 3g radio is on, the map does save locally.
    I downloaded Mobile Atlas Creater 1.8, and it works great.

I created a small (maybe 1 mile square) area of high accuracy maps that i wanted with the Google Hybrid maps, and with Google Terrain.

Following the post earlier in this thread that suggested the ability to load different map types by renaming the .MapTool folder i created two, one with the hybrid maps, one with the terrain maps.

I can't for the life of me get the terrain maps to load! I rename the folder containing the terrain maps to ".MapTool" (while MapTool Pro is closed), then load MapTool, but it won't show these maps... Any idea what i might be doing wrong here? Is this map type supported?
    To maximize real estate i would really enjoy having a "hide all buttons/Information" type button. This would hide the buttons on the bottom of the screen, the information display on the bottom of the screen, and the information at the top of the screen.

Related to this is a bit of optimization of the display for a landscape screen orientation. Right now landscape is a bit crowded.

Or perhaps just keep a smaller subset of buttons, like a "hide" button, the "my position" button, and the tracks button?

Thanks!
  7.    #467  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Not sure i understand... If my 3g radio is on, the map does save locally.
    It sends the track to my server and then it's downloaded from there. There is no way at the moment to avoid this.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
  8. lubinskis
    Quote Originally Posted by wekow View Post
    freak app. can't buy the pro in my country
    Hi, Is there a way to buy the pro-version if itīs not available in the catalog in my country?

Thx
    Is there a way to see a heading arrow at my current position?
    Sometimes when zoomed out it is difficult to see what direction i have been trending in. Those zoomed out views are needed for spotting visual features to set bearings on.

Thanks!
  10.    #470  
    The heading arrow is only displayed on your current position. But I will ad an optional heading arrow in the top or bottom bar.
    Hi!
    I want to return to old question about zip support. Do you plan to add zip maps support? Now .MapTool folder waste very many space. I've tried to mount iso image in .MapTool folder, it save space, but problems with USB drive occurs.
    Phone: HP Veer
    Jabber: shura0@ya.ru
  12.    #472  
    Sorry, zip-Support isn't possible right now.
    Very very bad.
    Phone: HP Veer
    Jabber: shura0@ya.ru
  14.    #474  
    Yes, but it's an technical problem.
    Unable to download the "Pro" app today (USA Catalog). Receive a "Download Failed" error....I have tried a number of times, also did a reboot. I'm going to get on to Palm about it but just thought I'd see if anyone else was having the same issue.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  16.    #476  
    I rather suspect a Catalog issue. Haven't got any reports like this so far.
    Just finished with Palm Chat. App now installed and working. Thanks.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Is there any other option to buy "Pro"?
    "Pro" is not available in Poland via App catalog
    As for Poland, is there any other option to buy "Pro" in CHILE?
    "Pro" is not available in CHILE via App catalog
    Avigo, Palm V, T, TE, T3, TX, Kyocera 7135, Centro, Pre minus, Pre Plus, PRE Ver, PRE 3
    I like to use MapTool for exploring the woods. One issue i have had is that the heading only shows up while i'm moving. It's tough to look at the Pre+ while i'm bushwhacking, so a "last heading" would be helpful.

Also, i often get "NaN" for my average speed, and for the distance traveled. I'm guessing this has to do with GPS accuracy, but not sure. Glad to dump logs, if that is helpful.

Another thought: the tracks feature is great, but it would be nice to have an option for the polling rate. I'm guessing the more frequently it is polled the harder it is on the battery. For most things i would settle for reasonable accuracy at the expense of battery longevity.

I would very much like to see a cardinal direction on the displayed map. This should be possible knowing the time of day, the position of the sun, and the current location, right?