Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
  1.    #441  
    Use the Pro version which creates the directory automatically or try Internalz.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Hi Henk,
    I did install the pro version on my new Pre 2 (webos 2.0.1).
    Works fine. I can save tracks, and find them in gpx format in the folder Maptool. I downloaded also already offline maps.

But how can I re-open a GPX-track in MapTool so I can see the track again?
    Or how can I open GPX-tracks I downloaded from other people?

I don't find the menu with "list tracks, or list targets". I see only a menu with "Position Email, Position SMS or Current Track".

I have found another app: GPX Mapper; so I can open these GPX-files on Google Maps. But I want open them on the offline maps of your app, so I can see these tracks when I am outdoor and have no wifi access (I have no data access).
  3.    #443  
    Tap on the zoom value.
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    Tap on the zoom value.
    Thanks!
    So easy. Why didn't I find these myself?
    Hi,

I bought the Pro version; is there now any reason to keep the old non-pro version as well, or can I delete it without any negative consequences?

Regards,

Jochen
  6.    #446  
    @Jochen: Just export targets and tracks and import them into the pro version. That should be all you need to go from standard to pro.

@All: Yesterday, I managed to upload my first gpx track to OSM from my phone. Whenever Palm will approve the currently pending submission (waits since 7 days now), I'll prepare another update with this cool on-device-track-upload feature. Makes MapTool (Free/Pro) a really great companion for mapping.
    Hi henk, sorry for it, but i'm not owner of any Credit Card so i can't get pro. But i installed a Folder .MapTool and filled it with Jtiledownloader - but it didn't work. Offline is activ.
    ? Teasie
  8.    #448  
    No, you need to run JTileDownloader on your desktop computer. Then it downloads tiles, which you complete with there folders copies to the .MapTool folder on the device. Please read some of the posts in this thread, there are a lot of tipps and stuff.
    Hi, Henk,

yesterday I finally got around to changing over from MT to MT Pro and using Pro for the first time.

Some problems appeared - did I do something wrong, or did I bump into some features/bugs in Pro?

1. I went to MT, opened the list of tracks, saved them one by one, changed to Pro's empty track list, tapped Import and imported the saved tracks one by one.
    All the tracks are there and can be displayed on a map, BUT all the statistics are gone - Duration 0, Speed 0,...
    Is this how it's supposed to be?

2. Having imported the tiles for my present region into .MapTool before running Pro, I then ran Pro and straight away had an Offline map. BUT I can't seem to get an Online one!
    I checked with MT; there the sequence Preferences-> different rendering, then Refresh will instantly clear the screen, then load the new map.
    In Pro I'm always presented with the Offline map, EXCEPT for one tile (see 4).

3. I left the house, started Pro - a fix was reported in seconds - and went for my walk (refresh set to 1 second).
    After nine minutes, the screen suddenly showed the Palm logo with the Glow; from the time it was visible I'd guess that there was a Luna reboot rather than one of the whole Pre+.
    I checked and found the track until the crash listed.

4. I started recording a new track... and was suddenly presented with the Mapnik map; however, as I moved on, it soon became obvious that it was just one tile; all the surrounding area - and all zoom settings other than 16 - still show the offline map.

What's to be done?

Regards,

Jochen
    Last edited by Jochen K.; 12/27/2010 at 03:35 AM. Reason: typos
  10.    #450  
    1. Duration and speed both are 0? Sounds like either the timestamps aren't exported or something with the import goes wrong. I'll check this soon.

2. The pro version caches tiles per default: it looks first for offline tiles and uses them, if not found it downloads missing tiles (with the selected renderer) and then uses them. You can switchit off with "smart caching" to off.
    The batch download will always overwrite existing offline tiles.
    The batch download will always overwrite existing offline tiles.
    Thanks for the prompt answer, Henk.

Batch download??

Regards,

Jochen
  12.    #452  
    "Batch download" Menu -> Cache Area
    Hi, Henk,

thanks for the explanation about area caching - it's great!

Just now another problem arose: in MT I called up my list of 100+ targets, tapped "Export as loc", started MTPro, went to the target list, tapped "Import", was presented with everything in the MapTool directory, tapped the last item "Targets.loc"... and saw "Failure - TypeError: Cannot read property 'nodeValue' of undefined'.

Help, please!

Regards,

Jochen
    Hi, all,

just FYI: Henk is busy fixing the Import problems; Import of Targets now works, Import of Tracks is next on his list, and in the near future there should be an official update of MTPro.

Oh, and by the way: Smart Caching, together with batch download of tiles, IMHO, is so great that it alone is reason enough to buy the Pro version.

Regards,

Jochen
    Last edited by Jochen K.; 01/04/2011 at 05:25 AM.
    I gotta tell you, this is the ONLY palm pre app that I am having a hard time replacing on my iphone 4. I'm keeping my palm pre JUST for this app!

I cache tons of maps here in vermont for backcountry skiing and hiking. thanks a million!!! I just bought pro version after having used every prior version
    Import of tracks is the only thing missing... glad to hear it's next. Loading up an old track from a 14 mile backcountry skiing trek will help me not get lost! Thanks!!!
  17.    #457  
    The fixed import is already online. Please try it. To import you tap on the zoom value, select tracks list in the menu, and in the tracks list you import your gpx or kml track. Then you can select the imported track as second track in the map.
    Hurray! Thanks. Sorry i missed that.

Attached is a screen shot of Woodward Trail backcountry ski trail in Vermont!
    Attached Images Attached Images
  19.    #459  
    nice one, if now MapTool would also show the altitude profile
    nice one, if now MapTool would also show the altitude profile
    +1 for that feature.