Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    It does, just read the post above yours.
    I meant without a web connection. There are times I'm camping out in the wilderness and would like to save my current track. Right now my best solution is to e-mail it to myself, which gets sent when I have service again.
    Yes... the whole reason I got interested in MapTool was because no connection was necessary.

That'd be a shame to lose benefits of the application due to the benefits of a "mandatory" network...
  3.    #283  
    hm, you wait until you have a data connection, you tap on the zoom value, you list the old tracks, you save them. Where is the problem? Why do you want to send an email? A direct file storing isn't possible without using private APIs.
    hm, you wait until you have a data connection, you tap on the zoom value, you list the old tracks, you save them. Where is the problem?
    I often camp where I don't have service. If I've recorded a track and want to transfer it to my laptop, send it to a friend, etc, then I want to be able to do it right then and there, not back in town several days later.
  5.    #285  
    Then you need to speak with Palm. Palm doesn't allow local writings from WebOS apps. When the file access bug in 1.4.5 is fixed (with the next OS update) and mixed apps are allowed we might get a local file save. Until then only homebrew filemgr (which isn't allowed in the AppCatalog) or a server based solution is possible (except from the email approach, which needs a data connection too).
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    -the fix for the broken sun compass? It certainly doesn't work on my device - it would be great if it could either be fixed or removed until a fix comes around.

-The default email address, about which you talked back in March, Henk?
    I just had to insert my address into six messages - didn't quite kill me but was rather a lot of work!

-Maybe a new YouTube video? The one I looked at last night shows a rather old version of MapTool (or is there an updated one which I simply didn't find?)

Regards,

Jochen
  7.    #287  
    sun compass isn't broken for me, and why would you want to send emails anymore? You can just export the file on your device.
    sun compass isn't broken for me
    ...and so it isn't; I was simply too dumb to know how it works, having misunderstood something I had read on the web about sun compasses.

All it does is show where the sun is in the sky; if you align the centre of the screen, the sun's image on the screen and the real sun, the top of your Pre will point north
    One other question has occurred to me: I'm currently in Ireland on vacation; whenever I enter a target into MapTool and then look at the list of targets, there are not just mine there, but dozens of targets from all over Ireland.

Where are those other targets come from?

And: are my own targets visible to others? (If so, I'd have to choose their names more carefully).
  10.    #290  
    your other targets might came from TravelGuide. The targets aren't shared with anyone. It's all local to your device...
    Just had a trip to Iceland and MapTool worked great!

In order to save disc space and delete empty .png files I used the following .vbs proggie.

OPTION EXPLICIT
    DIM strFolder
    DIM strExtensionToDelete
    DIM objFSO
    DIM lngSize

' ************************************************************
    ' Setup

' Folder to delete files from (files will also be deleted from subfolders)
    strFolder = "C:\Users\Kaido Loor\Desktop\GoogleMaps\Island 14 PNG Tile 2048_2010-07-25_121415\Mapnik\14"

' Files with extension provided in the list below will be deleted

strExtensionToDelete = ".png"

lngSize=106 'filesize in bytes

set objFSO = createobject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

RecursiveDeleteByExtension strFolder,strExtensionToDelete,lngSize

wscript.echo "Finished"

sub RecursiveDeleteByExtension(byval strDirectory, byval strExtensionToDelete, byval lngSize)
    DIM objFolder, objSubFolder, objFile
    DIM strExt

set objFolder = objFSO.GetFolder(strDirectory)
    for each objFile in objFolder.Files
    if InStr(objFile.Path, strExt) AND objFile.Size=lngSize then
    objFile.Delete
    end if
    next

for each objSubFolder in objFolder.SubFolders
    RecursiveDeleteByExtension objSubFolder.Path,strExtensionToDelete,lngSize
    next

end sub
  12.    #292  
    How much did it save? Probably a lot?
    How hard would it be for MapTool to take a missing tile and load a default tile in it's location?
  14.    #294  
    yeah, something I think about since month. It will be as difficult as automatically retrieve missing tiles online and caching them for later use. There will come one update which is almost identically to the version in my blog. The next update will then make the whole offline use better.
    Will there be by any chance an integration of naviki.org and their routing capability?

Thanks for your application and effort!
  16.    #296  
    I was looking for something like this but got a lot of timeouts as I tried it some month ago. The code is mostly there: the web call, the kml import, show second route. Follow a second route is missing yet.
    I did look it up and they had server problems. At least in June and March, which are resolved

I'm looking forward trying it out!

cheers!
    Hi,

I just tried to import a track (two, actually: one in .kml format, one in .gpx, to see if MapTool could handle both).

However, MapTool just set the rotating device spinning , and that was it - after ten minutes I quit.

Later I thought, can it be that MapTool looks inside the .maptool directory (where, on my Pre, there are now 100000+ tiles from GoogleMaps to be found)?

....or what else can be going wrong?

Regards,

Jochen
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    First, this is a great program! my tracks have been accurate, and load so easy into google earth. Great job!
    But now I am trying to install maps on my palm pre, and not being code savy (at all) I can't figure out how to create a folder called .MapTool.
    Windows Vista says "you must type a filename" anytime I try to make a folder with the . in it.....So I figure this is the part where I am over my head.....any help would be appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by sidetracked View Post
    First, this is a great program! my tracks have been accurate, and load so easy into google earth. Great job!
    But now I am trying to install maps on my palm pre, and not being code savy (at all) I can't figure out how to create a folder called .MapTool.
    Windows Vista says "you must type a filename" anytime I try to make a folder with the . in it.....So I figure this is the part where I am over my head.....any help would be appreciated.
    Use Internalz to create the folder.