Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Hi. I'm the autor of the spanish tutorial about MapTool. Is my way to give you the thanks for this grat tool. And thank you too for this new version!
    Only one suggestion for the future. What about to include more map sources?
    Please take a look to this html file. This are maps only for Catalonia (Barcelona) but if you zomm in you will see that the maps are really very very accurate.

ICC - Institut Cartogràfic de Catalunya

We don't have the tools to include this maps in maptools and there are a lot of mapservers from diferent countries offering maps like this.

Perhaps a way to do things like this is to include an option to read KMZ files. Garmin gps can do this and import all kind of layers from Google Earth, and a lot of map servers can be used us a Google Eath layer.

I have lost a lot of time looking for a tool to convert KMZ to OSMtracker but i haven't found anything.

Here is an example of use for ICC maps with Google Maps Api.

Thank you very much !!! And sorry for my English !!!

<!DOCTYPE html "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"
    "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
    <head>
    <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;charset=utf-8"/>
    <title>Google Maps - WMS Institut Cartogr&agrave;fic de Catalunya - exemple Hello World</title>
    <script src="http://maps.google.com/maps?file=api&amp;v=2&amp;key=ABQIAAAA_hVSJPCpGSAD5tQ5qI8UyBRwyvq60feJ9ktPhJBUAq2GtrsPChST6cV8CFAdly ipgJXtOIp0hYTAfw&sensor=true" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">

function initialize() {
    if (GBrowserIsCompatible()) {
    var map = new GMap2(document.getElementById("map_canvas"));
    map.setCenter(new GLatLng(41.5580, 1.5906), 7);
    map.setUIToDefault();

var license = "<a href='http://www.icc.cat'><strong>Institut Cartogr&agrave;fic de Catalunya</strong></a>";
    var copyright = new GCopyright(1, new GLatLngBounds(new GLatLng(-90, -180), new GLatLng(90, 180)), 0, license);
    var copyrightCollection = new GCopyrightCollection("");
    copyrightCollection.addCopyright(copyright);
    var tileICC= new GTileLayer(copyrightCollection,1,17);
    tileICC.myFormat='image/png';
    tileICC.myLayers='mtc250m,';
    tileICC.myBaseURL="http://shagrat.icc.es/lizardtech/iserv/ows?";
    tileICC.getTileUrl=CustomGetTileUrl;
    var mapaICC = new GTileLayerOverlay(tileICC);
    map.addOverlay(mapaICC);

var layerICC=[tileICC,tileICC];

var layer1=[G_NORMAL_MAP.getTileLayers()[0],G_NORMAL_MAP.getTileLayers()[0]];

var custommap1 = new GMapType(layer1, G_NORMAL_MAP.getProjection(),"Mapa", G_NORMAL_MAP);
    var custommapICC = new GMapType(layerICC,G_NORMAL_MAP.getProjection(), "WMS ICC", G_SATELLITE_MAP);
    map.getMapTypes().length = 0;
    map.addMapType(custommap1);
    map.addMapType(custommapICC);
    map.setMapType(custommapICC);
    map.clearOverlays();
    }
    }
    function CustomGetTileUrl(a,b,c) {
    /*
    this.myLayers='mtc250m';
    if (b>12){
    this.myLayers='mtc50m';
    }
    if (b>14){
    this.myLayers='mtc10m';
    }
    if (b>16){
    this.myLayers='mtc5m';
    }
    */

this.myLayers='mtc250m,';
    if (b>12){
    this.myLayers='mtc50m,';
    }
    if (b>14){
    this.myLayers='mtc10m,';
    }
    if (b>16){
    this.myLayers='mtc5m,';
    }

this.myStyles="";

var lULP = new GPoint(a.x*256,(a.y+1)*256);
    var lLRP = new GPoint((a.x+1)*256,a.y*256);
    var lUL = G_NORMAL_MAP.getProjection().fromPixelToLatLng(lULP,b,c);
    var lLR = G_NORMAL_MAP.getProjection().fromPixelToLatLng(lLRP,b,c);

var lBbox=lUL.x+","+lUL.y+","+lLR.x+","+lLR.y;
    var lSRS="EPSG:4326";
    var lURL=this.myBaseURL;
    lURL+="&REQUEST=GetMap";
    lURL+="&SERVICE=WMS";
    lURL+="&VERSION=1.1.1";
    lURL+="&LAYERS="+this.myLayers;
    lURL+="&STYLES="+this.myStyles;
    lURL+="&FORMAT="+this.myFormat;
    lURL+="&BGCOLOR=0xFFFFFF";
    lURL+="&TRANSPARENT=TRUE";
    lURL+="&SRS="+lSRS;
    lURL+="&BBOX="+lBbox;
    lURL+="&WIDTH=256";
    lURL+="&HEIGHT=256";
    lURL+="&reaspect=false";
    return lURL;
    }
    </script>
    </head>
    <body onload="initialize()" onunload="GUnload()">
    <div id="map_canvas" style="width: 1200px; height: 900px"></div>
    </body>
    </html>
    can anyone help me with some directions as to how to convert the emailed txt sent when tracking is enabled to be used in uploading tracts to openstreetmaps?
    Kenjo - I would like help with this also, cant find anywhere to show me format.
    I understand you can just copy from email to text document and change extension to .gpx
    But when i try to upload it to GPS visualiser.com it says there is error....
    Ok I can do it now by saving track onto phone then loading that file.... easy and quick!

great app!
    i just installed internalz but tried a trace and i am not seeing the option to save via internalz,Is this done automatically and in which folder is it saved or is it saved as a .gpx file directly on the usb drive
  6.    #266  
    Latest version: saving gpx is done using a webservice, you need to ensure the force email option in settings isn't checked, then you open the list of tracks and select save, depends on tracksize it takes some time then you get a msg about the successful save. Gpx files are saved in MapTool folder on your USB drive.
    I have found a very useful tool to generate atlas used in Maptool. This is MAPC2MAPC.
    With this tool we can use a lot of sources like Ozi calibrated maps and KMZ from Google Earth layered, we can merge maps and generate atlas all in one program.
    We can make custom maps using Google Earth like Garmin does.
    The output format must be Mobile Atlas Maverick and than rename all the generated files changing "*.png.tile" for "*.png". As you know the tiles size must be 256x256x8bit.
    I'm in contact with the developer of MAPC2MAPC and perhaps he will soon add and option to generate direct Maptool Atlas Format and solve this little inconvenience.
    It can be done now with a free windows tool to rename group of files.
  8.    #268  
    cool
    Ok MAPC2MAPC 2.5.5 is now available. Now it has OSMtracker support, the same format us we use in Maptool.
    Download it here:

Mapping programs

Now we can generate maps direct to Maptool with Mapc2mapc we can:

Read calibrated maps like MAP (Ozi), JPR (Memory-map, Fugawi), CAL (Pathaway),...., KML, KMZ (Google Earth overlayed).
    Handle a lot of input datums and writes WGS84.
    Use Google Earth to calibrate raster images and generate a KMZ file, and than use it to generate Maptool tiles.
    And....Can write Trekbuddy, Garmin custom maps and OSMTracker that is Maptool format.
    Thanks to John Thorn for mapc2mapc tool !
    More suggestions : posibility in preferences to hide top coordinates and information above the map. To maximize the map view, eliminating WebOs top bar with hour, battery indicator...
    Diferent maps, adding carpets with mapname and atlas inside every carpet, and all inside .maptool carpet.
    Diferent colors for track lines in preferences, some times is difficult to view.
    Transparent zoom buttons.
    These are only new ideas for you but Maptool is fantastic.
    The email function doesn't work for me anymore. My last 2 tracks have been recorded as usual, but when I hit the send symbol --> current track, no email is composed anymore. I just tried it again with a very short track, and it doesn't work anymore.
  13.    #273  
    Have you force email checked? If not it migt try to save the track,which needs a data connection.
    works very well now, in Argentina in a sprint pre palm , but without sprint service, with a slight delay of seconds or minutes to find the location.
    works well using only the built in GPS, but activating the google localization service (require wi-fi) throws a wrong location, always, using only the GPS is going well and accurate.
    i used the last version of app catalog: 1.0.2, and the hack to use the GPS alone without sprint: http: // forums.precentral . net / palm-pre-tips-information-resources/206982-palm-pre-gps-additional-gps-modes-autonomous-assisted-cached . html
    Regards, and thankyou so much for the app, its so usseful!
  15.    #275  
    About the google localization: does it work with google maps? From time to time, google reports wrong localizations.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
  16.    #276  
    L\’Haut-Parleur » MapTool, one more a preview of the next version.
    First of all I want to thank Henk for MapTool. It is really a great step for GPS navigation on WebOS today. The offline operation is far beyond the original Google Map navigation service. I love MapTool so much.

A lot of people response the track log saving problem. Sometimes I have this problem too. As my study on this problem. I found it is triggered by unavailable data link of Palm Pre. If you turn on 3G or GPRS or WiFi and make sure the data link is OK. The track log saving function is perfect working. Viceversa if the data link of Palm Pre is off or unavailable, the track saving function is not working. I don't know this problem is from FileMgr or Maptool itself. Anyway at this moment, if you want to save track log successful, you need open your data link whatever 3G or GPRS or WiFi.

Thanks Henk again.
    MapTool is a great navigation app for Palm Pre.
  18.    #278  
    Thx hsia

In the latest versions, MapTool uses a webservice to export the track logs and the target list. Therefore it needs a data connection.
    At some point do you plan on allowing the track to be saved locally, to the USB drive?
  20.    #280  
    It does, just read the post above yours.