Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
  1.    #241  
    To browse maps freely: At the moment you need to drag the map to the side you want to scroll, tap on the edge and tap on the coordinates to recenter the map. I will change it in the next version.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Hi,

I just finished reading thorough the entire thread and still not quite sure what I am doing wrong. :-( I am not 100% sure if all the info I read pertains to the current version, so I need little help. Please forgive me if I have missed a step, but a helpful tip will be greatly appreciated.

I have Filemgr installed and what I want to do is to export my track to a gpx file. From what I read in the forum, my understanding is that if I have Filemgr or InternalZ installed, I should get an option to send an email to myself as a single GPX file rather than multiple text emails (if the track is big enough), but I never seems to get an option to send a single GPX file. What am I doing wrong?

I have made .MapTool folder and have offline maps stored there, if that makes difference. Also my MapTool version is 1.0.1.

Also, is it possible to locate .gpx file myself? I am having difficulty so doing that from terminal might be easier solution. I realize that this subject has been discussed a number of times in the forum, but I just can't get it to work yet. Thanks so much for your help.
    Hi Metaview,

I've used your app for once day and really appreciate what you did. Great application.

I use Mobile Atlas Creator 1.7 to download google map titles, It works perfectly with me.

One behavior I hove you will add in next version is: can navigate the offline map freely. With current version, to move far away from center point, you have to recenter the map by clicking at the border. Standing on a user, I think it's not convenient.

One more idea, Can you display speed and direction of moving on the map.

once again, thank for your great app.
    Hi Metaview,
    Great app! It's the best GPS navigator on my palm pre!
    But I could see some changes, I thing it will interest not only for me.
    1. Free scroll (as was mentioned above)
    2. Saving GPX data to file.
    3. Work with tar.gz or zip archives. Now the .MapTool folder takes about 2 Gb! I think because it contains very many small files. So, zip or tar will decrease data size up to 5 - 10 times

Thank you!
  5.    #245  
    1. Is already implemented, will update tomorrow.
    2. Hope it will be part of tomorrows update.
    3. Not possible yet, as far as I can see it. At the moment my only suggestion is to delete manually all small files as most of them doesn't contain any usable info.
  6.    #246  
    1. Is already implemented, will update tomorrow.
    2. Hope it will be part of tomorrows update.
    3. Not possible yet, as far as I can see it. At the moment my only suggestion is to delete manually all small files as most of them doesn't contain any usable info.
    thank you!

About point 3. Maybe it's possible to work with sqlite base? Some converter for converting png files to sqlite database. It will one file and will not waste so many space.
  8.    #248  
    Will try to investigate what's possible. Have you read about putting the .MapTool folder into an ext3 volume?
    No, I haven't
    /me gone to read.
  10.    #250  
    BTW: here is the link Palm Pre Offline Gps Maps Working Perfectly ! - Reliance Mobile (CDMA & GSM) - Discussion Forums
    I haven't tried it myself but might sound like a good idea.
    I've made it. Amazing! I made file 250Mb and all my files has gone in!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbears View Post
    Hi,

I just finished reading thorough the entire thread and still not quite sure what I am doing wrong. :-( I am not 100% sure if all the info I read pertains to the current version, so I need little help. Please forgive me if I have missed a step, but a helpful tip will be greatly appreciated.

I have Filemgr installed and what I want to do is to export my track to a gpx file. From what I read in the forum, my understanding is that if I have Filemgr or InternalZ installed, I should get an option to send an email to myself as a single GPX file rather than multiple text emails (if the track is big enough), but I never seems to get an option to send a single GPX file. What am I doing wrong?

I have made .MapTool folder and have offline maps stored there, if that makes difference. Also my MapTool version is 1.0.1.

Also, is it possible to locate .gpx file myself? I am having difficulty so doing that from terminal might be easier solution. I realize that this subject has been discussed a number of times in the forum, but I just can't get it to work yet. Thanks so much for your help.
    Ack, still no idea why it works for some people and why not.
  13.    #253  
    Update is submitted, includes free moving map and a different way to export file (no filemgr needed anymore).
  14. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Thanks for the updated features. Can't wait to try it out this week riding.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    Will try to investigate what's possible. Have you read about putting the .MapTool folder into an ext3 volume?
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    BTW: here is the link Palm Pre Offline Gps Maps Working Perfectly ! - Reliance Mobile (CDMA & GSM) - Discussion Forums
    I haven't tried it myself but might sound like a good idea.
    Are you looking at creating and managing a VFS for MapTool? This would be a huge benefit for offline maps.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Hi,

I don't have access to appstore. Would it be possible to make the new version available via other sources? I would very very much appreciate it!
  17.    #257  
    I will post the ipkg file to my blog in a couple of days. You can then use WOSQI to get it on your pre.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Thanks, Metaview! I really look forward to it.
    BTW, which blogsite are you going to post it on?

L\’Haut-Parleur. mostly about developing my software for Palm OS

Is that the right place?
  19.    #259  
    yes, this place
    Hi. I'm the autor of the spanish tutorial about MapTool. Is my way to give you the thanks for this grat tool. And thank you too for this new version!
    Only one suggestion for the future. What about to include more map sources?
    Please take a look to this html file. This are maps only for Catalonia (Barcelona) but if you zomm in you will see that the maps are really very very accurate.

ICC - Institut Cartogràfic de Catalunya

We don't have the tools to include this maps in maptools and there are a lot of mapservers from diferent countries offering maps like this.

Perhaps a way to do things like this is to include an option to read KMZ files. Garmin gps can do this and import all kind of layers from Google Earth, and a lot of map servers can be used us a Google Eath layer.

I have lost a lot of time looking for a tool to convert KMZ to OSMtracker but i haven't found anything.

Here is an example of use for ICC maps with Google Maps Api.

Thank you very much !!! And sorry for my English !!!

<!DOCTYPE html "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"
    "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
    <head>
    <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;charset=utf-8"/>
    <title>Google Maps - WMS Institut Cartogr&agrave;fic de Catalunya - exemple Hello World</title>
    <script src="http://maps.google.com/maps?file=api&amp;v=2&amp;key=ABQIAAAA_hVSJPCpGSAD5tQ5qI8UyBRwyvq60feJ9ktPhJBUAq2GtrsPChST6cV8CFAdly ipgJXtOIp0hYTAfw&sensor=true" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">

function initialize() {
    if (GBrowserIsCompatible()) {
    var map = new GMap2(document.getElementById("map_canvas"));
    map.setCenter(new GLatLng(41.5580, 1.5906), 7);
    map.setUIToDefault();

var license = "<a href='http://www.icc.cat'><strong>Institut Cartogr&agrave;fic de Catalunya</strong></a>";
    var copyright = new GCopyright(1, new GLatLngBounds(new GLatLng(-90, -180), new GLatLng(90, 180)), 0, license);
    var copyrightCollection = new GCopyrightCollection("");
    copyrightCollection.addCopyright(copyright);
    var tileICC= new GTileLayer(copyrightCollection,1,17);
    tileICC.myFormat='image/png';
    tileICC.myLayers='mtc250m,';
    tileICC.myBaseURL="http://shagrat.icc.es/lizardtech/iserv/ows?";
    tileICC.getTileUrl=CustomGetTileUrl;
    var mapaICC = new GTileLayerOverlay(tileICC);
    map.addOverlay(mapaICC);

var layerICC=[tileICC,tileICC];

var layer1=[G_NORMAL_MAP.getTileLayers()[0],G_NORMAL_MAP.getTileLayers()[0]];

var custommap1 = new GMapType(layer1, G_NORMAL_MAP.getProjection(),"Mapa", G_NORMAL_MAP);
    var custommapICC = new GMapType(layerICC,G_NORMAL_MAP.getProjection(), "WMS ICC", G_SATELLITE_MAP);
    map.getMapTypes().length = 0;
    map.addMapType(custommap1);
    map.addMapType(custommapICC);
    map.setMapType(custommapICC);
    map.clearOverlays();
    }
    }
    function CustomGetTileUrl(a,b,c) {
    /*
    this.myLayers='mtc250m';
    if (b>12){
    this.myLayers='mtc50m';