Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Hello MetaView.
    Thank you very much for this great tool and thanks a lot in the name of Webosmania, a site from Spain dedicated to WebOS.
    I have done a spanish tutorial about the use of MapTool in offline mode. It is possible to import Oziexplorer Maps and reconvert it to OSM format using Mapedit and Mobile Atlas Creator.
    Here is it.
    Saludos!

Convierte tu dispositivo webOS en un GPS off-road | WebOSMania! - WebOS y Palm Pre, Pixi en EspaƱol
    Im stumped, im trying ot get the offline maps to work but I just can't.

I've created a folder called .MapTool and have the maps inside downloaded by the tools surggested, i've tried them in the following structure

internal/.Maptool/17/(numbered folders)/(numbered files).png
    internal/.Maptool/(numbered folders)/(numbered files).png

anyone point me in the right direction?
    do i have to have a file list?
  3.    #223  
    internal/.MapTool/17/(numbered folders)/(numbered files).png would be the correct structure. Then you need to set the renderer to offline and zoom to 17. Maybe you start with something like Zoom 10, which covers quite a large area.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    just set this up for offline when i go to miami next week. i tested offline at my home location and all seems to be working well. Mobile atlas creater I found the easiest to use and it also gives you the google map tiles. Will let you know how i get on after i can come back.

also is there any way to save/enter waypoints?

EDIT: If i create a .gpx file with all my poi in it can i add it?
    Last edited by mike1976; 05/09/2010 at 01:14 PM.
    Thank you again for this great aplication. One suggestion: I think it would be a good idea to have at least two menu options for the maps offline. Offline 1 for the folder. ".Maptool1" and 2 for the Offline folder ".Maptool2".
    This would allow us to have maps of various types for the same area.
  6.    #226  
    No waypoints yet, but I like the idea and will add it sooner or later. Targets (POIs) can only be added using the loc-file format from Geocaching.com.
    2 different folders for offline is an option, but then maybe better: .MapTool and .MapTool2 to be backward compatible
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    I haven't read the entire thread so sorry if this has been discussed. Is there any plan to add a 1 second refresh rate option for the gps such as in Go To Tool?
  8.    #228  
    Yes, is possible. I will add it.
    If I create a .loc of POI's for florida (I am visting next week) I want to put stuff like my hotels and nearby restuarants in it. Is there then some where I can put the file on my pre for it to be recognised by map tool?

I had a quick play with travelguide light and this must somehow send the poi's of interest to maptool?

I can't use travelguide while in florida as i'll have no data connection (I'm travelling from the uk and dont want to get hit by large data charges).

And is there a way to navigate further away from ther current location without it jumping back?
  10.    #230  
    The loc File into the usb drive and then in MapTool to target list and then import loc file. The targets from TravelGuide are transfered using a direct argument to MapTool. They also in the target list then. My suggestion: import your loc file and also use TravelGuide to create a list of targets for Florida which you transfer into MapTool's target list at home.
    To navigate further away from your current location recenter the mao by tapping the edge of the map and tap the coordinates in the displayed popup window. Had you a look into thw small youtube video I made for MapTool? It's accessible from the AppCatalog. I've tried to show most of its features.
    thanks for you quick reply, will give it a go when I get home from work tonight.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Offline map question.

Does MapTool support downloaded CloudMade maps? I have a library of mobile maps for my wifes Android phone that I would love to use on my Pre rather than generating my own maps from Mobile atlas (time intensive).

Also, do you have a PayPal donation button/link somewhere?
  13.    #233  
    MapTool only works with maps compatible with the OSM pre-rendered tiles format. I have a donation link in my footer
    i am not able to see the map after i copied it to .MapTool
    Last edited by phat_trade; 06/04/2010 at 09:59 AM.
    It happens the same to me.
    My question is, which is the correct name o .Maptool folder?

Because i see differents. .maptool, .Maptool, .MapTool and my pre shows ''.maptool''(using internalz)

Does someone know?

Thanks!

Regards!
    Nokia 1100 - Alcatel OT156A - Motorola C650 - Motorola v220i - Motorola V555 - The Great Motorola V360 - The Amazing Treo 650 - Treo 750 - Original Palm Pre (1.4.5) - Palm Pre2 (2.1) + Touchpad.
  16.    #236  
    Internalz should be the way to create/rename the folder. It's supposed to be called .MapTool but I guess the underlying file system is case insensitive and any case variant should work. If it doesn't seem to work, rename the folder to .MapTool which might need to rename it to something different (like .MapTool_) before to force a case change.
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    you need the FileMgr installed, then you tap the zoom value, List Tracks, tap on the track and select Send track. This will save your track as gpx.

Regards
    Henk
    Thanks for this app. I'll be delighted to throw away some cash for beers or whatever, when some things start working for real.

Or maybe I should send the bucks first... :P

Well. I am not able to export a track to .gpx at all, even for small tracks.

I've created the .MapTool folder, and the app reads it as I can see my offline maps.

Also, FileMgr service and Internalz works with no hassle at all.

But those steps you provided to get a .gpx file directly on the device doesn't work for me at all.

I tried with 6 points tracks, with a ~1000 points track (that opens 4 emails) and with a ~4700 points track (that open 17 emails -- it hangs at 9), but can't find the saved .gpx track.

Thanks, again.
  18.    #238  
    Exports go to MapTool (without the leading dot)
    I guess you don't have force email enabled? Then it's surely time to add some debugging around this FileMgr stuff...
    hello, I have a sprint palm pre and use in Argentina, no has data service because there is no sprint here sinde 10 years ago, only GSM, so i use that just as a handheld, I apply this hack to use standalone GPS and seems to work, apparently connected only once at first, but gives me the coordinates of the other part of the world, the last time was in the middle of the sea (google earth show me it using de coordinates) then it's like no more signal or can not find any satellite, or change the unique fix that appears at the start,,,, maptool is working because i created the atlas with the tils that is inside the region beetwen the coordinates that show me the GPS, and i can see the correspondients tils to this coordinates (blue tils, sea), the problem is that my ubication is near to -32.14..., -64.16... and the GPS shown me 397.xxx (almost 32.xxx positive)... -64.xxx, and google show me that this ubication is in the middle of the pacific ocean!!! sound like the opposite ubication of me... :/
    i configurated my pre with USA in mi ubication, owner ubication.
    any suggestions?. thankiu so mach for all, excellent work and forum! a sorry for the english!
    great app. thxs,
    and i can use google maps offline.

but i have a slight question, can i browse maps freely?
    i mean now i can only see maps around my location, can i drag map further to browse somewhere else? thxs any way