Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    MetaView: Do you plan to turn MapTool into a paid-apps-version? If not, do you have a paypal link? Would like to donate some as I like the app and the support you provide.
  2.    #182  
    hux: thx a lot. I don't plan to make it a pay app. But donations are always welcome. You can use the paypal-link on my homepage: MetaViewSoft
    or wait until I've added a donation link to my signature.

Thx
    Henk
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Hey,
    first and for all thank you for this fantastic app and thank you for leaving it homebrew.
    Since the update to webOS 1.4 I have the problem, that I can not read the status information like speed anymore (you can see in the screen shot) - is that a known problem? Even reinstalling of maptool didn't help.
    The second thing is a feature request. Would you add an option to choose if the link, sent in sms or email, directs to google.de or google.com? (hmmm just saw that someone already asked for that)
    Thank you very much.

4.    #184  
    Please update to the latest version from the appcatalog.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    Please update to the latest version from the appcatalog.
    And there we come to my main problem - no app catalog in my country. Could you, as long as you are giving it for free update the homebrew catalog too?
    Thanks a lot.
  6.    #186  
    Ok, that's a good point. I will update it.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
  7.    #187  
    Hi, again:

there is a 1.0.1 in the preware feed now and I submitted a 1.0.2 to the official app catalog.

1.0.1 removes the error dlg at start (if FileMgr isn't there)
    1.0.2 brings settings for update and elevation interval
    I really like MapTool; thanks for making this awesome bit of software! Not only is it really useful, it's been a catalyst for getting me more involved with OpenStreetMap.

I'd like to know if it would be possible to add HDOP to the GPX that MapTool generates. It would be a nice addition to the traces, since JOSM can show an error circle for every point with HDOP.

I'll also add my experience that saving to a file on the Pre's filesystem doesn't work for me, even though I have FileMgr installed and Internalz does work. When I tap "Send Track", MapTool sends an email (or two, dependong on the number of points). I'm running MapTool 1.0.0 (all that I see in Preware, which I have loading PreCentral and the Palm Catalog) on WebOS 1.4.0 (on a non-Plus Pre, on Sprint).
    Neat app. But not very accurate for me. says 12 feet error, but it really is about 150 feet off. Not nearly accurate enough. Maybe just me?
    Quote Originally Posted by pjjohn73 View Post
    Neat app. But not very accurate for me. says 12 feet error, but it really is about 150 feet off. Not nearly accurate enough. Maybe just me?
    Well... did you enable all the GPS modes, first?

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ed-cached.html
  11.    #191  
    Look into GoogleMaps, where are you located there?

BTW: Have you seen? 1.0.1 is available in homebrew.
  12.    #192  
    A big "Thank you" to everyone who donated. It's very much appreciated.

In a German forum, one guy came up with another possibility to download map tiles: AmberHome
    Thanks, awesome work.

One nit, could we have local saves of tracks (sorry if the terminology is wrong) ?

I'd like to go on long cycling rides through the US and save the map, but not have to pay roaming charges (Bell sucks.)

EDIT: I mean saving the .gpx file locally instead of emailing it. When I'm in roaming areas I don't have email
    Last edited by BrainInAJar; 03/29/2010 at 06:08 PM. Reason: clarification
    Hi all,

I have any problems with the offline maps.

I create a folder unter /media/internal called .MapTool
    In this folder i copy the zoom levels 13 to 18 with the folder xxxx and the yyy.png files.

In MapTool i set render to offline but no maps are displayed.

What is wrong,

Best Andreas
  15.    #195  
    @BrainInAJar install the FileMgr service from Canuck software. It's in the homebrew.

@zippo-71 for me it sounds you are not in the correct area. Check the png files if it is what you think it should be.
    Hi,

Thank you very much for this wonderful app. It is quick and easy to use - except gpx export.

I hope splitting email is only a workaround. I tried it with a 650 points track. The new version will split it in three (3) emails. I must change the default email account (using long signature) and must choose receiptor for each email. Strange! Afterthat copy, paste ...

In the old version I could paste and copy the whole track to a new email. It worked fine.

An option to copy the track to the clipboard will be good.

regards
    Malle
  17.    #197  
    Copy to clipboard is a good idea. The reason I split the file is the run-time limit which was introduced in 1.4: creating the email took too much time and the process was killed by the OS. Smaller chunks are faster to create and therefore safer.
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    install the FileMgr service from Canuck software. It's in the homebrew.
    That still doesn't work for me, and I'm running MapTool 1.0.2 now. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling FileMgr (version 0.5.1).

Here's what I'm doing: I have recorded traces. I tap the zoom level number, then tap "List Tracks". I tap one of the tracks it has recorded, then tap "Send track". MapTool pops up a dialog box that says, "1 Email(s) will be created. Please copy the content into a new gpx file," and then creates an email as it indicated.

If I tap "Show on map" then tap the send button and pick "Current Track", the same thing happens. If I'm recording a track, tap the send button, and pick "Current Track", the same thing happens.

Is there any additional diagnostic information I can provide? I have the SDK installed on my computer, so I could try connecting its terminal to the Pre and checking the log output of MapTool, if that would help.
  19.    #199  
    you could check the settings: disable "Force EMail" if it doesn't work, use palm-log.exe -f de.metaviewsoft.maptool
    The logs don't look very helpful. I've verified that "Force Email" is not checked. I tried going to "List Tracks" and doing "Send track". It still tried to send an email. Here's what I got in the logs:

following logs for application de.metaviewsoft.maptool on device "castle-linux" {<device-id>} usb 43013
    [20100401-10:42:08.489471] error: params:
    [20100401-10:42:08.498107] error: params: ""
    [20100401-10:42:10.639556] error: Track ID:
    [20100401-10:42:10.803100] error: start
    [20100401-10:42:15.454711] error: insertCaches "\"\""
    [20100401-10:42:39.365295] error: Email 1
    [20100401-10:42:44.020660] error: Email 2
    [20100401-10:42:44.690551] error: Email mail 3